Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 11:06 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
How can Anyone get so much cr@p on one page is beyond me!
Wow- that was a big bunch of nothing at all, Mr. Close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 11:13 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I don't understand the American system..when Obama..was running - Hillary was one of his competators...THEN - Obama gains office...and THEN appoints Hillary as head of state - It made it look like a facist system - with out real competion - as if the reps and dems were one happy family. In my personal opinion...I don't like blindly ambitious politicans..who seek status and fame - I like those that serve the people..and those are rare these days - I don't see that in Hillary - I just see ego.
Politics makes strange bedfellows.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:50 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
No the Constitution says nothing of the sort. The Constitution says:

Natural born citizen = you are a US citizen at birth. Under the laws that existed when Barack Obama was born, one parent needed to be a citizen and he had to be born in the USA. His mother was a US citizen before he was born. He was born in Hawaii. So he is a natural born citizen.

The rules have since changed. It was always true that if you were born outside the USA to two US citizens, you became a US citizen at birth. But they've changed the rules that existed when Obama was born. If I'm remembering correctly, if either parent is a US citizen, you inherit citizenship from them no matter where you are born.

Supreme Court is the ruling authority on the Constitution, both parents must be US citizens..to hold the office of President..totaly different for US citizenship

Old 02-03-2012, 03:53 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Supreme Court is the ruling authority on the Constitution, both parents must be US citizens..to hold the office of President..totaly different for US citizenship
Please cite the specific Supreme Court ruling where it was determined that both parents must be US citizens.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 PM

No Certification Without Verification » libertylegalfoundation.org

Neither lawsuit discuss Obama’s place of birth or his birth certificate. These issues are completely irrelevant to our argument. LLF’s lawsuit simply points out that the Supreme Court has defined “natural-born citizen” as a person born to two parents who were both U.S. citizens at the time of the natural-born citizen’s birth

Wow An Obama eligibility case may actually go to trial

Obama and his lawyers fought the case up and until the case went to trial then Obama refused to show any documents or show up for court date, this says a lot about the man.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 PM

Therefore, the term “natural born” must be considered as requiring something more than simple birth in the country. And Judge Malihi states, quite clearly, in his ruling above, that the Court “is not authorized to read into or to read out that which would add to or change its meaning.” The rule is the same for election statutes in Georgia as it is for the Constitution of the United States.

The Dirty “little” Secret Of The Natural Born Citizen Clause Revealed. « Natural Born Citizen

Here is the complete break down of the lanuagage of the natural citizen.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 PM

US SUPREME COURT PRECEDENT STATES THAT OBAMA IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE PRESIDENT. « Natural Born Citizen

Supreme Court case which has directly construed the Article 2 Section 1 natural-born citizen clause. Therefore, Minor’s construction below creates binding legal precedent:
“Additions might always be made to the citizenship of the United States in two ways: first, by birth, and second, by naturalization. This is apparent from the Constitution itself, for it provides that ‘no person except a natural-born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of the Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President,and that Congress shall have power ‘to establish a uniform rule of naturalization.’ Thus new citizens may be born or they may be created by naturalization.
“The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Hilary has publicly stated that she wants to return to private life and has no intentions of being the Secretary of State for four more years, nor run for public office. I'm not sure why people have a hard time grasping this.

I agree; I've posted a link twice, and people still don't get it. Plus, there are all of these inane and off-topic posts; that makes it hard to have a discussion about the actual subject of the thread.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
How did a Hillary thread turn into a birther thread?
Deflection, deflection, deflection. Typical.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:09 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
US SUPREME COURT PRECEDENT STATES THAT OBAMA IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE PRESIDENT. « Natural Born Citizen

Supreme Court case which has directly construed the Article 2 Section 1 natural-born citizen clause. Therefore, Minor’s construction below creates binding legal precedent:
“Additions might always be made to the citizenship of the United States in two ways: first, by birth, and second, by naturalization. This is apparent from the Constitution itself, for it provides that ‘no person except a natural-born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of the Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President,‘and that Congress shall have power ‘to establish a uniform rule of naturalization.’ Thus new citizens may be born or they may be created by naturalization.
“The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also.
That's a lot of posting and you've yet to actually provide the ridiculously simple thing I asked you for. Specifically which case was it where the Supreme Court ruled that "natural born citizen" = "born in the USA to two US citizens." I'm beginning to have doubts that you know what you're talking about.

You see, if you provide me with the specific Supreme Court case, I can double-check your facts. Linking websites is disingenuous at best as they are almost certain to be massively biased in favor of your point of view.

I'll chew my own arm off before voting for Barack Obama this year, but I will defend his right to run for the office of President because he does qualify, is a natural born citizen and has the right to run for that political office. I will happily admit defeat if you can provide something of substance to prove me wrong. You have not done so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections