Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,039,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Healthcare is a right? What would a person do if they lived in the wild and there was no government? Would God provide them with a house and guaranteed healthcare plan? Would nature ... ?

There are certain things - like inalienable rights - that you are born with ... And then there are things you have to work for ... Why cant these imbeciles understand that?

When will people understand that BIG government bureaucracy doesn't expedite anything or benefit anyone in the long run? It may appear to do so for a little while, but in the end it centralizes wealth into the hands of the ultra rich and the elites, and destroys national wealth, the middle class, and freedom at the same time.
Silly, the witch doctor would provide free care
and in exchange he would get a free hot meal

Know the difference between a medical insurance policy
and health care delivery. They are not inclusive.

I'm a Paul supporter, but on health care I vehemently disagree with him. It's not 1960 anymore. The days of just county funded hospitals are over. Corporatism has taken over. We have high tech medicine out of the financial
grasp of most Americans.

Paul should not confuse private enterprise of a product
with for profit share holders of these conglomerates
with that of health care delivery which equals a happy life.
One can simply not be pro life and anti universal health care IMO.

Basic Health Care in this country NEVER should have been treated as a product. Get private insurance
companies out of medicine and just have a single payer. Join the 21st century America. We are already one century late...

There are a few things this country does get right
once in awhile. Being a single payer e.g. Medicare for
all IMO would be one of them.

Quit calling every one an imbecile You just might make someone sick.
And if they don't have health insurance to pay for their health care, they may be suing your ass

Bottom line, with universal health care, so many things
that politically ail this country would be solved.
It's simply that too many folks make money off of
the way things are. It's a moral shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 03:23 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,782,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

I'm a Paul supporter, but on health care I vehemently disagree with him. It's not 1960 anymore. The days of just county funded hospitals are over. Corporatism has taken over. We have high tech medicine out of the financial
grasp of most Americans.
I never said charity was not an option ... in reference to your witch Dr. remark.

I don't think the federal Government should be involved in providing medical care, because that contributes to the hike in prices and the subsidizing of medicine or BIG pharma corps and ultimately to fraud and market monopolies.

States always have the option of providing a public option, and the local governments are how such an option should be handled.

I'll trust the economist and life long Md. on this issue, and my own understanding as well.

Welfare is morally wrong, any way you cut it ... Not because your trying to help people, but because you are stealing from others to do it.
Quote:

Basic Health Care in this country NEVER should have been treated as a product. Get private insurance
companies out of medicine and just have a single payer. Join the 21st century America. We are already one century late...

And if they don't have health insurance to pay for their health care, they may be suing your ass

In an ideal world where the government is never corrupted by money greed and power, we would have a surplus of national wealth so that the government could provide universal healthcare, but only if they got the energy policies and the foreign policies and the monetary/fiscal policies sorted out. Unfortunately you cannot trust centralizing power under any auspices, even that of "common good" or for "humanitarian" reasons, because power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

There are many things that we could do to decrease the price of modern medicine ... such as increasing competition by legalizing alternative medicines and research.

But whatever you do, the human attempts to wipe out poverty and to provide universal care will always only lead to corruption, redistribution and centralization of the wealth into the hands of the supre rich, and centralization of power - this is one of the hardest things to understand about the human condition and personal liberty, the fact that life is often hard and cold, and people often have to learn how to swim or sink ... yet that is the natural order, and trying to change it will only eventually end up making things worse for everyone in the end.

The bible is even clear on this, "If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat" ... and again ... "You will always have the poor among you".

It will take nothing less than a quantum leap in human evolution to bring the entire human race universally to the realization and enlightenment concerning the fact that we are all part of the same body and part of the same life, in order to achieve true universal care, until then any and every attempt to do so will ultimately and inevitably end in disaster.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-07-2012 at 03:53 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 03:48 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,782,046 times
Quote:

grasp of most Americans.

On a side note, id just like to leave you with this thought ... if you pay attention, you will realize that many of the people behind the whole universal health care idea are in reality eugenicists ...

Just like the people who claim to be fighting for liberty and security and against terrorism are really the ones causing all the wars and taking away our rights ...

"Terrorism - the
use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes."

Doublethink anyone?

Universal health care or eugenics in disguise? | The Constitutional Alamo

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-07-2012 at 04:09 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 05:50 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,039,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I never said charity was not an option ... in reference to your witch Dr. remark.

I don't think the federal Government should be involved in providing medical care, because that contributes to the hike in prices and the subsidizing of medicine or BIG pharma corps and ultimately to fraud and market monopolies.

Welfare is morally wrong, any way you cut it ... Not because your trying to help people, but because you are stealing from others to do it.

There are many things that we could do to decrease the price of modern medicine ... such as increasing competition by legalizing alternative medicines and research.

The bible is even clear on this, "If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat" ... and again ... "You will always have the poor among you".
What contributes to high pharm prices is government
subsidizing private Pharm instead of
buying in bulk.

Of recent that has jacked up costs for Medicare is
Medicare Advantage;
private insurance companies putting their hands in a federal program cookie jar.

As far as alternative medicine and legalization of
things like marijuana even for medicinal purposes; neither
of those things really should ever belong at the federal level.

I see no difference in treating the elderly
sick or treating the middle aged sick. Both deserve
basic health care at reasonable costs. All deserve the
right to health care. Have EVERYONE pay a health care
tax. Would be a lot cheaper than what we have now.

I also don't believe in Welfare at a federal level. That
is what churches are suppose to be for, thus their tax
exemptions...

but I also distinguish welfare from
health care delivery for the sick.
If you're not healthy, you can't be productive in any society. Nor will you pay any tax to support it.

I think the bible quote you were speaking
of references the lazy, not the sick.

As far as referencing a creator, I think he/she/it would be disappointed with our whole lot, don't you think.

I don't place much importance on the eugenic theory. Basic health care is pretty straight forward.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 PM

742 posts, read 680,106 times
Glass? really? Isn't that intent to harm? What an idiot.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:56 AM

1,332 posts, read 997,330 times
I wish they would beat the sh** out of one of those glitter bomb idiots. only the liberals would think that was ok. But I dare say they would think far differently if a conservative were to throw something at obama to make a statement.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,948,167 times
i like this part of the story:

"unleashing the full fury of a kindergarten art project on Dr. Paul"

that about sums it up.

nap time and then a new day begins.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:59 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,951,865 times
Quote:
What contributes to high pharm prices is government
subsidizing private Pharm instead of
buying in bulk.

Of recent that has jacked up costs for Medicare is
Medicare Advantage;
private insurance companies putting their hands in a federal program cookie jar.

As far as alternative medicine and legalization of
things like marijuana even for medicinal purposes; neither
of those things really should ever belong at the federal level.

I see no difference in treating the elderly
sick or treating the middle aged sick. Both deserve
basic health care at reasonable costs. All deserve the
right to health care. Have EVERYONE pay a health care
tax. Would be a lot cheaper than what we have now.

I also don't believe in Welfare at a federal level. That
is what churches are suppose to be for, thus their tax
exemptions...

but I also distinguish welfare from
health care delivery for the sick.
If you're not healthy, you can't be productive in any society. Nor will you pay any tax to support it.

I think the bible quote you were speaking
of references the lazy, not the sick.

As far as referencing a creator, I think he/she/it would be disappointed with our whole lot, don't you think.

I don't place much importance on the eugenic theory. Basic health care is pretty straight forward.
Don't forget the controlling shares in Big Corps or all the other ways the govt profits off of what passes for health care. Can't say I want the govt taking over health care, but between the polarities of Big Govt or Big Corp I think we are kinda SOL. I am a big fan of bottom up community models. Basically would like to see the profit goal come out or have the profit go back to the people who are being serviced. Would like to see the government just govern in limited amts. Health Care is so messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections