Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 11:59 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,613,072 times

Advertisements

As an independent voter I'd probably have voted for Romney but no way am I voting for Santorum, I'll vote Obama back in to keep the bible out of the white house. If Santorum is the choice it won't be mine. Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The GOP will lose most women voters if Santorum is the pick. Well enough for men to like him, but women find his positions on reproductive health to be draconian and medieval. Convincing a woman that she should die rather than abort when she has a life-threatening condition is a hard sell.
This.

(Couldn't rep you.)

Old 02-08-2012, 12:09 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Santorum is a good solid Conservative.....is he perfect ? absolutlely not, but compared to obama he seems like it.
Santorum is a social conservative, not a Constitutional Conservative. Huge difference. Santorum cannot pull votes away from Obama in the form of disgruntled Democrats. Only Ron Paul can accomplish that. Unfortunatly the GOP seems to be stuck on Neocons and Evangelicals.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Default Santorum's win confirms that Romney stinks

Santorum's sweep means that the GOP's projected nominee, Romney, is weak. Gingrich and Paul are non-factors. The longer they fight, the more they weaken an already pathetic Romney.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
I'm from Pennsylvania and I want to remind people that he was soundly rejected by 20 point landslide in favor of his opponent the last time he ran in this state. The Philadelphia Inquirer called his defeat a "repudiation" by the voters.

He is dishonest, deceitful, corrupt and a bigot. He built a gorgeous expensive house in Virginia while maintaining a bogus property in Pennsylvania for the purpose of politics and taxes. The guy is so offensively anti-gay that even his conservative cronies often criticize him.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The guy is so offensively anti-gay that even his conservative cronies often criticize him.
Well, your above statement about Santorum's anti-gay position is a key factor in his surging popularity with GOP consevative Christian voters. I assure you!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:

He is dishonest, deceitful, corrupt and a bigot.
He built a gorgeous expensive house in Virginia while maintaining a bogus property in Pennsylvania for the purpose of politics and taxes. The guy is so offensively anti-gay that even his conservative cronies often criticize him.
He scares me.

And what scares me even more is that he is not only one of the last four still standing but that he did as well as he did today. Something is terribly wrong with the GOP voters.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:32 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,734 times
Quote:
I'm from Pennsylvania and I want to remind people that he was soundly rejected by 20 point landslide in favor of his opponent the last time he ran in this state. The Philadelphia Inquirer called his defeat a "repudiation" by the voters.

He is dishonest, deceitful, corrupt and a bigot. He built a gorgeous expensive house in Virginia while maintaining a bogus property in Pennsylvania for the purpose of politics and taxes. The guy is so offensively anti-gay that even his conservative cronies often criticize him.

So in other words, he's the Catholic version of Flip-Flop Romney.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I think a lot us get suspicious of candidates who tell us how pious and righteous they want this nation to be.

Most of us concur that we do want a solid moral compass and integrity for this nation----but to make it such a major focal point of campaign is not the way to go.

When push comes to shove, most people want to hear how we are going to reduce deficits----make some modifications to entitlements without scaring the heck out of people----how are we going to put people back to work----how are going to deal with a crumbling infrastructure.

We have tons of very serious problems to confront over the course of the next several years. Lets hear more specifics on problem solving-----sorry, I dont want to hear more discussion on contraceptives, abortion repeal, and other personal issues. Lets get on with trying to get this country back on its feet and tackling gigantic problems.
These wedge issues are the only ones that the lackluster GOP can resort to now. Definitely a collective bunch of "Boy Who Cried Wolf". Most sane people have had their fill of these jaded tactics...

Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:

We need not be concerned. The only way Santorum will be in The White House is if he is invited by the administration or on a tour. Let the radical anti-gay, anti-choice crowd have their moment in the sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections