Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2012, 06:41 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times

Advertisements

Not that I disagree with "all" of the things you wrote. But what does this have to do with Santorum sweeping last night???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 06:42 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
What does this have to do with Santorum? The title of the thread is very misleading. Can you revise it and add: Obama and Muslim bashing??

Old 02-08-2012, 06:46 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Not that I disagree with "all" of the things you wrote. But what does this have to do with Santorum sweeping last night???
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What does this have to do with Santorum? The title of the thread is very misleading. Can you revise it and add: Obama and Muslim bashing??
Another perfect example of how the extreme right will twist absolutely anything into bash Obama trolling.

"Santorum sweeps!" "Obama is a muslim!"

Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
All I read about on this forum from liberals is how Santorum is a religious fanatic, a nut, a kook. Really all he is is a Christian. The Muslim part is to show how mainstream Santorum really is.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Another perfect example of how the extreme right will twist absolutely anything into bash Obama trolling.

Not really a knock on Obama. I'm just showing that not all people would consider Santorum's Christianity a negative.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:55 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
All I read about on this forum from liberals is how Santorum is a religious fanatic, a nut, a kook. Really all he is is a Christian. The Muslim part is to show how mainstream Santorum really is.
Santorum mainstream? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am a Christian Pastor and I would tell Santorum he is a bigot, troll and does an incredible disservice to Christians in the world with his brand of bigotry and hatred.

Go back and read the Bible, pay attention to the part where Jesus reaches out to others, condemns the Pharisees, works to include not exclude and tells the religious elite of the day to stop being a bully to the other people.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Crazy as a loon Santorum will have something to tell his grandkids about...how he won a couple of primaries. He will never be the nominee.
Who do you think will win Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana? (We lost North Carolina to the New York migration crowd or I'd mention them, too.) I actually think Ron Paul has a chance to win in my state. I could be wrong.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Hey, I'm for getting rid of Obama. Probably not for the same reasons as you. But Santorum is not going to be the one to do it. He's like Palin on steroids
Probably true. Santorum is flawed but more than anything, he doesn't have that "it" factor. That intangible charisma that makes people want to follow his leadership.

Still, given the choice between Santorum and Gingrich ... Santorum is miles better.

I think Paul always had the total package to win on the issues. He has real solutions to the problems our nation faces. The chance that Paul had to really do well in this race is fading.

That leaves you with three guys: Romney, Santorum and Gingrich.

Frankly, Romney is the only candidate who is moderate enough and open minded enough to win against Obama. But the conservatives in GOP are throwing a huge tantrum. To them, "moderate" and "compromise" are four letter words.

There's really only one thing for it. The GOP conservatives need to get their wish. They need to get an extremely conservative candidate and reap the rewards: A thorough massacre in the general election against a president that whose first term was so miserable that he should have lost by a landslide.

The GOP will not get over their idiot idea "More conservative = more electable" until they get their conservative candidate and see him lose big. Santorum fits the bill as a social conservative and fiscally he talks the talk even if his voting record tells a different story. Santorum is a respectable enough sacrificial offering.

Newt losing would have proven nothing: They'd just blame it on his scandalous past and for all his talk Gingrich is no conservative.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:39 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Who do you think will win Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana? (We lost North Carolina to the New York migration crowd or I'd mention them, too.) I actually think Ron Paul has a chance to win in my state. I could be wrong.
I think Santorum has a good chance of besting Romney in all those states. He's the closest thing to Huckabee that the South has to choose from. I don't foresee Ron Paul winning in TN, the parts of TN I know are prime Santorum country.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:43 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

I always enjoy the vascillating between Obama being a Muslim and Obama having to espouse the same off-base opinions of Reverend Wright, his CHRISTIAN minister...

So which is it? Is he a Muslim? Or a Christian? Or are they claiming that Obama is one of those extraordinarily rare Muslims who chose a Christian minister as his "mentor"?

Been a lot of "Having cake and eating it too" with regard to negative spin against the President these last three years..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections