Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times

Advertisements

Nope, Butterfly.

I am keeping "Fox News Rules" under my username because I think it is the best cable news station out there.

I do think for myself and also watch CNN at times.

The "funny" (and sad) station out there is MSNBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM

8 posts, read 79,525 times
Obama/Biden 2012.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Stop with the hysterics already.

Which of these three things are radical?

Fiscal responsibility
Constitutionally limited government
Free markets

That's what the Tea Party Patriots stand for.

Which of these 6 things are radical?

No more bailouts
Reduce the size and intrusiveness of government
Stop raising our taxes
Repeal Obamacare
Cease out-of-control spending
Bring back American prosperity

That's what the Tea Party Express stands for.

Are you for out of control spending? Are you for government intrusiveness? Are you against American prosperity? Do you want corporate and financial bailouts? Are you against free markets? Tell us. What do our so-called "radical" friends in the two big tea party movements want that is so radical? Enlighten us.
Romney would bring you none of those things on your wish list, and that is that.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:36 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
Romney with $250 Million in his bank account is going to pander to the rich, Middle class America isnt even on his radar..

Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,196,521 times
Accelerationism is never as fun as you'd think it'd be.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:26 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,995,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'll take a stab at it. Do you have a copy of the Constitution of the United States handy? Well I just happen to have one:

"Congress [addressed to congress] shall make no law [there shall be no law passed by Congress] respecting an establishment of religion [no law may be passed establishing a State religion — such as in England, the Church of England was the established church] or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ... " [Congress must not pass laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion].

In the context of Colonial America at the time of it's writing, what was feared was a government (like the British government) that would, for example, say that the Episcopal Church was to be the recognized Church.

Nowhere in the Constitution, or in any of our founding documents can you find the words "Separation of Church and State". That is a manufactured idea that flies in the face of what the founders believed, wrote, did (they prayed regularly, wrote of their reliance on God and on "divine providence" and even prayed for guidance during the time of the writing of the Constitution). All were men of great faith.

But I know what you are going to do next: You will post all kinds of links to Websites and to various pieces that will have out of context or outright false "quotes" from our founders and others, "proving" that the were atheists, deists, or something else.

Sorry... been there, done that. We know it's out there. We know it's garbage, so don't waste your time dredging it up.

A very important corrolary to the prohibition of an established is that the 1st Ammendment prohibits the use of Federal law and even State law to promote or enforce Church law, Church teaching or Church doctrine . An honest Supreme Court would strike down laws like our anti-abortion or contraception laws as unconstitutional on this basis alone.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:49 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupitermadcat View Post
Obama/Biden 2012.
No, thanks. We can't afford those guys for 4 more years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections