Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,769,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The content of Ron Paul's speeches seem all to be nearly identical. Listening to him reminds of the rantings of Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez ... he could talk for hours and say nothing really important. I've listened to many of his speeches on TV and read them on the internet, and the more I do that the more I say to myself, "This man is mentally ill."
Clueless ... Move to Mexico or China if you dont want to be free and prosperous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
The content of Ron Paul's speeches seem all to be nearly identical. Listening to him reminds of the rantings of Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez ... he could talk for hours and say nothing really important. I've listened to many of his speeches on TV and read them on the internet, and the more I do that the more I say to myself, "This man is mentally ill."

So, Ron Paul don't tell you what you want to hear. No one said he was a salesman, with the bait & switch sales.

Sorry you don't want to hear the truth.

Speaking of mentally ill... Repeating the same thing over and over, expecting different results...... Look in the mirror my man.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
I don't think he's a flip-flop guy. He's consistent. And he's programmed just one way. He could be in a discussion about X and he rambles on about Y - and others look on and shake their heads wondering what the hell he's talking about. Of course his chorus of supporters like what he says. That's no surprise. But it's the wider audience in America one would think he is interested in converting. And there's not much chance of that.

Yes, you have to be intelligent and educated to understand how, a reaction is tied to every action.

Those with the ignorant blinders on, will never see how Y makes X happen.

I understand Mexico's education system, is not that great.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:45 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,236 times
Quote:
I don't think he's a flip-flop guy. He's consistent. And he's programmed just one way. He could be in a discussion about X and he rambles on about Y - and others look on and shake their heads wondering what the hell he's talking about. Of course his chorus of supporters like what he says. That's no surprise. But it's the wider audience in America one would think he is interested in converting. And there's not much chance of that. Most think he's a nice old man. Just like the relative in most of our families.
Quote:
The one who rambles on, drools, smells a bit.
We tolerate it.
I think you may be referring to The uninformed average American voter, the sheep!

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 02-10-2012 at 06:58 AM..

Old 02-10-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForStarters View Post
Unfortunately, if I were facing a disease that threatened to kill me, I'd want to understand it, discuss the options, and begin treatment asap. America is terribly ill, but it refuses to listen to the doctor and take its medicine.

.... and not just treat the symptoms, while the cancer kills you.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I don't think there's a person alive, including Rep. Paul, who believes there's even the remotest possibility that the GOP would nominate him. I don't think he wants to be President. I think he wants to change his party, and, in the long run, change the nation ... win everyone over to his point of view. I understand most if not all he's been talking about. Most of what he says, or when he says it, is in the wrong forum ... presented in the wrong way. A way which turns people off. But once is enough, listening to him. He consistently repeats himself. The most embarassing moments, from how I view it, is his victory speeches on election nights. When he has a huge audience listening in, say, on CNN as one example. He wanders-off into a lengthy discussion of gold and silver, and other things. I think most viewers are just like me. We think he's like the odd relative I earlier described. Relatively few people will take him seriously. Let's remember that these GOP primaries are very lightly participated-in this year. Never large numbers, but this year it's being said they're down by about 25% as far as participants. While he may get 5 or 15% of the vote, it's a small percentage of a small number of people. He's got his soap box to stand on, and he's screwing-up the opportunity to convert more to his cause. As an aside, I have noticed, this week, that Mitt has been inserting the word "Liberty" into his speeches. Obviously a take-away from Ron Paul.
Do you mean to tell me, the other candidates make more sense to you than Ron, Wow, you really need to wake up.
What if?...

Ron Paul: What If? (speech on House floor 2/12/09) - YouTube

Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, you have to be intelligent and educated to understand how, a reaction is tied to every action.

Those with the ignorant blinders on, will never see how Y makes X happen.

I understand Mexico's education system, is not that great.
I think this is the problem with most of the uninformed voters in this country, they are to brain lazy to educate themselves and actually study the candidates and listen to the crap the media spews out.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,002,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I think this is the problem with most of the uninformed voters in this country, they are to brain lazy to educate themselves and actually study the candidates and listen to the crap the media spews out.
That is exactly the problem! If it doesn't come from or isn't approved by the "lamestream" media then it must be wacko! As a DJ I saw how easy it was to control the masses! People had to be told which clubs were cool to go to! If it wasn't plugged on KISS FM, than by golly it wasn't the place to be!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:58 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,917,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
He lost me at gold standard.
a.k.a he lost you with a more transparent an honest monetary policy...

Old 02-11-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
a.k.a he lost you with a more transparent an honest monetary policy...
The gold standard would prohibit the fed from printing money like crazy and would stop politicians spending like crazy. This is why they have brain washed us to believe it is bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections