Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,490,917 times

Advertisements

It was an incredible display of statesmanship. Even as a Paul supporter, I have never heard him speak so clearly and passionately. In fact, I have never heard such an empowered speech by any politician who wasn't using a professional speech writer and a teleprompter. Paul's conviction shined brightly and his understanding of the issues was beaming.

Paul himself claims to be merely a vessel for a greater message, and tonight he demonstrated that he is an excellent spokesman for the cause of liberty and American prosperity. If his campaign moves forward with the level of confidence and conviction that Paul displayed tonight, I am certain we will not only win the nomination, but easily the White House as well. No candidate can debate against the fundamental truths that are the basis of Paul's platform. These concepts are bigger than partisanship, bigger than political rhetoric, and even bigger than the plutocracy's stranglehold on our society.

I hope the American people are listening. Our "buzz" words are backed by reason and principle. Our ideas are not explained in canned stump speeches or vague metaphors, but rather our message is consistent all the time, every time, and explained in plain terms based on the letter of the Constitution. This is the message of freedom and prosperity for all Americans. It is not "Republican" or "Democrat" as those words have come to be contorted in their meaning. Our message is simply flat, uncorrupted truth. It is uncompromising because truth should never be compromised.

Great job tonight, Congressman Paul. Firm we stand; onward WE march!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 09:58 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I didn't hear it tonight but the last time I heard him speak, I was very impressed. He was like a different Paul. In debates he seems to be a little whiner with an attitude. It must have been after Florida that I heard him talking in a room full of his people and I saw a more confident, very intelligent, and very knowledgeable person. I guess we all do better when we are among friends.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Ron Paul: "We Did Very Well Tonight" | C-SPAN

Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I was very impressed.

In debates he seems to be a little whiner with an attitude.
In debates they keep asking him the same dumb questions/scenarios. IMO, Paul
should just give them a handbook and tell them to read it
and then just say "sit down and listen"

I thought he did very well tonight. The most intelligent man running
and the one with genuine leadership skills.

Paul is a true Statesman.

Peace and Prosperity

Old 02-08-2012, 06:54 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,218,321 times
I'd agree with you if the average American wasn't so ignorant and corrupted by the political machine.

The average American is ignorant of their country's history, their historic founding, its documents, its laws, and the way its government is supposed to function.

Add to that the fact that any dancing with the stars, American idol fed individual can vote, and the fact that so many are apathetic. This isn't to mention the propaganda that the senior citizen population has grown up on, believing the war machine garbage. When also figure that the media hates Ron Paul and do their best to give him as little air time as possible, it's not hard to see how the American people could pass up a political gem like Ron Paul.

In the end, it is as much a movement as it is a campaign. It's a movement to get America back to its historical intent. There's great promise in the under 40 crowd, and within fifteen years, this movement will begin to pay huge "dividends". That is, if the country hasn't turned into an official Marxist state by then.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:59 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,007 times
Most Americans are mindless TV watching losers who will vote for the Democrat or the Republican on election day no matter what. They already have their mind made up, regardless of the real issues or candidates.

Because of this, no third part candidate has a snowball's chance in Florida of ever winning.

We lose again.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
In debates they keep asking him the same dumb questions/scenarios. IMO, Paul
should just give them a handbook and tell them to read it
and then just say "sit down and listen"

I thought he did very well tonight. The most intelligent man running
and the one with genuine leadership skills.

Paul is a true Statesman.

Peace and Prosperity
Need a lot more statesmanship and a lot less politics. Don't think the moon is far enough away... LoL.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Need a lot more statesmanship and a lot less politics. Don't think the moon is far enough away... LoL.
I'm thinking dark space around Pluto would suit me
just fine

Old 02-09-2012, 07:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
I'd agree with you if the average American wasn't so ignorant and corrupted by the political machine.

The average American is ignorant of their country's history, their historic founding, its documents, its laws, and the way its government is supposed to function.

Add to that the fact that any dancing with the stars, American idol fed individual can vote, and the fact that so many are apathetic. This isn't to mention the propaganda that the senior citizen population has grown up on, believing the war machine garbage. When also figure that the media hates Ron Paul and do their best to give him as little air time as possible, it's not hard to see how the American people could pass up a political gem like Ron Paul.

In the end, it is as much a movement as it is a campaign. It's a movement to get America back to its historical intent. There's great promise in the under 40 crowd, and within fifteen years, this movement will begin to pay huge "dividends". That is, if the country hasn't turned into an official Marxist state by then.

Politics has become that of a sporting event. Listening to the anti-Paul people who just can't wait to get that dig in every chance they get (keyboard warriors) you would think they were talking smack about their rival football team!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
I heard it twice and forwarded the link to family members. I think it is the best 14 min speech he's given yet. He articulates the problems and the solutions and concludes that his way is the only way to restore peace, freedom and prosperity to the country and does so convincingly and confidently with roars of applause in the background. It's a GREAT speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections