Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:24 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,258,902 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul is the only clown in the clown car that hasn't led in any national poll since this clown show began last year.

Election 2012: Republican Presidential Primary - Rasmussen Reports™
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,218,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Ron Paul is the only clown in the clown car that hasn't led in any national poll since this clown show began.

I got shouted down on this board when I said early on that Romney has a million problems as the "endorsed" candidate and that he was going to be a liability. I suppose the poll number will change once Santorum starts taking hits--he hasn't faced any yet--but this election cycle is just....depressing. Santorum is a nut, and he makes Romney look great.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,541,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Ron Paul is the only clown in the clown car that hasn't led in any national poll since this clown show began last year.

Thats what he gets for being in that party.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,258,902 times
If it's one-on-one, Frothy Mix leads Flip-flop 55% to 34% . LOL!

I hope Princess Mitt goes full out negative against Little Ricky. It will only drive both their unfavorable ratings up.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:42 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,186,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I got shouted down on this board when I said early on that Romney has a million problems as the "endorsed" candidate and that he was going to be a liability. I suppose the poll number will change once Santorum starts taking hits--he hasn't faced any yet--but this election cycle is just....depressing. Santorum is a nut, and he makes Romney look great.

You do understand that this has happened with at least five other candidates, right? The state of the party is more to blame than Romney himself. There are factors of it that are his to claim, but it's not being objective to think it is all his fault alone. He has been running with no assistance from any media outlet at all...left or right. All talk radio is bashing him, Fox News is bashing him daily, and most right wing bloggers are slamming him daily. Those are powerful forces to go against. I am shocked he keeps doing as well as he is. Add to this that there is no candidate that is a viable alternative that would be a better person for the job.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You do understand that this has happened with at least five other candidates, right? The state of the party is more to blame than Romney himself. There are factors of it that are his to claim, but it's not being objective to think it is all his fault alone. He has been running with no assistance from any media outlet at all...left or right. All talk radio is bashing him, Fox News is bashing him daily, and most right wing bloggers are slamming him daily. Those are powerful forces to go against. I am shocked he keeps doing as well as he is. Add to this that there is no candidate that is a viable alternative that would be a better person for the job.
I agree that it's more a problem with the party than Romney, but my point all along was that the problems were there, and I had concerns that there was no way Romney as a candidate could bridge them. Maybe I'm being unfair, because I'm not sure there is a candidate who could pull this mess together.

It's happened with 5 other candidates, but Romney was supposed to be the one that the leadership endorsed (although they sure haven't acted on it) so we'd keep the nuts from gaining any traction. We shouldn't be at the vetting crazy people stage this late in the game--Romney should be pulling ahead by now. I'm not blaming Romney as a human being--although I've never met him personally, I've heard that he's a very, very nice man--but the party knew from the beginning that they'd need someone who could unite all the factions, or at least "talk the talk" to do it. We are so divided right now that it's like walking a tightrope. Most of it's the GOP's own fault--we let the loonies out of the asylum as far as encouraging the far far right end of the party, and now they think they can run the show.

My take is that they couldn't get someone like a Jeb Bush to run who could possibly pull it off, and Romney got the job by default. Romney's faith (yes, we have religious bigots in the party--it's not right, but it's true) plus his history of changing direction over and over on issues has made him unacceptable to the more "activist" end of the party at the same time that we need a moderate to win the general.

I know you love him. I think he's a very flawed candidate, but again, a good man--but I do agree with you on this--he's got zero support from the GOP leadership, which is almost a betrayal. They're leaving him out there to twist in the wind. The conservative media has ripped him to shreds, which I don't understand either. This whole primary has been like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I never thought that things could completely fall apart this quickly.

Last edited by mb1547; 02-15-2012 at 01:37 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 01:40 PM

325 posts, read 219,957 times
Another rigged poll. NOBODY is going to vote for Santorum.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,967,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I agree that it's more a problem with the party than Romney, but my point all along was that the problems were there, and I had concerns that there was no way Romney as a candidate could bridge them. Maybe I'm being unfair, because I'm not sure there is a candidate who could pull this mess together.

It's happened with 5 other candidates, but Romney was supposed to be the one that the leadership endorsed (although they sure haven't acted on it) so we'd keep the nuts from gaining any traction. We shouldn't be at the vetting crazy people stage this late in the game--Romney should be pulling ahead by now. I'm not blaming Romney as a human being--although I've never met him personally, I've heard that he's a very, very nice man--but the party knew from the beginning that they'd need someone who could unite all the factions, or at least "talk the talk" to do it. We are so divided right now that it's like walking a tightrope. Most of it's the GOP's own fault--we let the loonies out of the asylum as far as encouraging the far far right end of the party, and now they think they can run the show.

My take is that they couldn't get someone like a Jeb Bush to run who could possibly pull it off, and Romney got the job by default. Romney's faith (yes, we have religious bigots in the party--it's not right, but it's true) plus his history of changing direction over and over on issues has made him unacceptable to the more "activist" end of the party at the same time that we need a moderate to win the general.

I know you love him. I think he's a very flawed candidate, but again, a good man--but I do agree with you on this--he's got zero support from the GOP leadership, which is almost a betrayal. They're leaving him out there to twist in the wind. The conservative media has ripped him to shreds, which I don't understand either. This whole primary has been like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I never thought that things could completely fall apart this quickly.
This election year should be a major wakeup call for all Republicans that your Party needs to be refurbished, start by a purge then rebuild it, then maybe Indes such as myself can once again look to the GOP as an alternative when desciding on which candidate to support at election time

Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
This election year should be a major wakeup call for all Republicans that your Party needs to be refurbished, start by a purge then rebuild it, then maybe Indes such as myself can once again look to the GOP as an alternative when desciding on which candidate to support at election time
I can't say that I disagree with that at all.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:50 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,930,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
BS. Romney is a weak candidate, simple as that.

If he was legit it would've been over by now.

He's down in the 60's in Intrade now as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections