Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,814,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
What if it isn't in the state constitution?
I had answered this question already. Please review the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 10:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Which is federal property? The decorative street lights and park benches of Galveston that Paul is grabbing pork fed dollars to pay for? The new trash receptacles he ran earmarks for? I doubt it.

Fact is he takes millions and millions of fed dollars for wasteful projects then talks out the other side of his mouth about fed dollars shouldn't go to help victims of natural disaster in this country.

Again, Private vs. Public....

You are lumping them together, as if they are all public(what is yours, is mine)
Spinning the truth, does no one any justice.

Let's narrow it down.

victims of natural disaster in this country.
victims of natural disaster in a State.
victims of natural disaster in a County / Parish.
victims of natural disaster in a city / town.
victims of natural disaster in a neighborhood.
victims of natural disaster in your house.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:09 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,208,577 times
I would offer skepticism that the purpose of a constitution is to outline to the greatest detail every action the government can do with their funds, it would be impossible.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Again, Private vs. Public....
Again? That statement isn't "again" last time you said:

"Private property and federal property."

Obviously park benches in Galveston that Ron Paul is grabbing pork fed money for are not federal property.

Quote:
You are lumping them together, as if they are all public(what is your, is mine) Spinning the truth, does no one any justice.
If public is okay then I assume you are fine with fed dollars repairing the damaged schools, roads, traffic lights, etc. in the tornadoes path?

Old 03-06-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I would offer skepticism that the purpose of a constitution is to outline to the greatest detail every action the government can do with their funds, it would be impossible.

No, it was actually very possible, before they gutted and redefined the 10th Amendment.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Again? That statement isn't "again" last time you said:

"Private property and federal property."

Obviously park benches in Galveston that Ron Paul is grabbing pork fed money for are not federal property.

If public is okay then I assume you are fine with fed dollars repairing the damaged schools, roads, traffic lights, etc. in the tornadoes path?

The Texas beaches are not privately owned. Most of them are National Parkland, the other State Parkland.

It depends if the local communities need it. Then they would ask their County, who would ask the State if they cannot help with funds, and if the States can't fund it, then a cry to the Federal government as the last line of help, not the first.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Which is federal property? The decorative street lights and park benches of Galveston that Paul is grabbing pork fed dollars to pay for? The new trash receptacles he ran earmarks for? I doubt it.

Fact is he takes millions and millions of fed dollars for wasteful projects then talks out the other side of his mouth about fed dollars shouldn't go to help victims of natural disaster in this country.
Please quote the wasteful projects. I'd really like to see proof.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Texas beaches are not privately owned. Most of them are National Parkland, the other State Parkland.
You just made that up out of the blue, but that's okay. The details are on his website the pork $1,000,000 to got to a League City streetscape, not a state or natl park.

Quote:
It depends if the local communities need it. Then they would ask their County, who would ask the State if they cannot help with funds, and if the States can't fund it, then a cry to the Federal government as the last line of help, not the first.
Ah so all those pork projects of his are okay since a cry to the fed govt was the last line of help, but communities ravages by tornadoes just need to deal.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I was speaking of the posters here, had you managed to read an understand what I posted yo would have understood that. I have no desire to control anyone, that buckaroo, is simply more of you making your false claims.
You are big government all the way. Your actions prove it your rhetoric is once again misguided. You think its fine and dandy to take others money for your causes because you think you know best and may even have good intentions. That buckaroo is what control freaks do.

Quote:
I have no desire for he govenment to take care of me from cradle to grave and have never made any statements that say anything of the sort.
Sure you do. You don't believe in personal responsibility much. Only when you want to.
Why do you insist that government controls the economy for you? Haven't you noticed what a horrible job they do? The worst part, you don't learn and you want the ones who got us into this mess to get us out. And guess what they only helped their buddies who were the very same ones that assisted in our downfall. Good call.
Why do you insist that The Dept of Education make decisions for you and educate your kids how they see fit? ** see below
Why do you insist that big pharmacy control the price and which medicine to use through the use of force? Are you unable to decide on your own? This is the age of information.
Why do you need big government to tell you which restaurant you are allowed to eat in? Why theres a neat plaque on the wall never mind the toilets are over flowing that certificate tells me everything I need to know.
Kids can't sell lemonade unless government allows them too, otherwise there will be a fine. Glad they are protecting you.
Want to feed a group of the homeless people? You can't unless you get governments okay.

Quote:
In fact, I have given more to my government than I have ever recieved and everything I have I got through hard work on my part.
And you have no problem forcing me to do it either, thanks. Some you give away unwilling or through ignorance. The inflation tax you fall victim too is what really hurts but you're too ignorant to understand what is happening. Otherwise you'd want big government to get out of the economic business and to quit devaluing the dollar and quit giving away trillions to foreigners.
If you want to give, more power to you, the problem is you're taking from me. That's what I can't stand.

A major problem with big government control freaks is they love to tell others to do the same thing they do under the guise of "they know whats best for everyone". Guess what your causes are not mine. The only important causes you have are the ones that are the same as mine AND those carry the same importance to me. None of your causes are more important than mine.
I don't have kids yet I'm forced to pay a lot of money out on property tax in order to support the costly public school system. ** A public system that costs more per student to educate than private schools and those private schools educate their children better. A system you support. Way to help big government. Good job.
That is money that I wanted to donate to my cause of curing diabetes since my sister has it and effects her quality of life it. Or towards breast cancer research since my mother died of it. Or towards alzeimers because my grandfather had it and didn't remember me from day to day. I wanted him too. So now I get to help less because of "helpful" people like you when I could have had the chance to help out on something that is meaningful to me.

The main difference between you and me is you don't mind threatening me to get what you want. If I don't allow your big government to take my money for their causes I get fined and go to jail. What a wonderful thing that you believe in force and coercion in order to get what you want.
I'll never vote to take your money away and I wont use force to do it.

Quote:
Any other untruths you would care to share here with the readers?
Here's an untruth about you. You're really informed on what works and have high morals when it comes to running others lives.
Good to see you're not ignoring me again. Maybe you'll learn something.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
One simple reply to the entire rant by you above, Pure BS, best spread over a garden, hey it is spring here in Texas, thanks for the free load of manure, time for planting.
Nice job debunking it. I hope you do a better job in the garden than you do debunking posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections