Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's just the ones you know who are like that. Start hanging out with better people. Granted it's their choice and unlike you and the other control freaks I wont force them to help.
The people I know and in my area are very helpful AND these people don't have money to spend yet have no problem pitching in. You should try it instead of wanting government to raise you from cradle to grave.
I was speaking of the posters here, had you managed to read an understand what I posted yo would have understood that. I have no desire to control anyone, that buckaroo, is simply more of you making your false claims.
I have no desire for he govenment to take care of me from cradle to grave and have never made any statements that say anything of the sort. In fact, I have given more to my government than I have ever recieved and everything I have I got through hard work on my part. Any other untruths you would care to share here with the readers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
The motto from the big government crowd is "Don't believe in personal responsibility"
Nope, that is the motto YOU made up, and it is a False one, you are fooling no one but yourself.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,990,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
When you suffer a catastrophe, it's really hard to get by without the help of others. Telling people to pull themselves from their bootstraps after their town and home are destroyed is not the most appropriate time or thing to say. I mean you tell that to a slacker or a kid who is struggling with algebra and wants to quit, not to a widow who just lost her husband and kids.
I think you are reading/hearing what you want to hear...that isn't what anyone said.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
LMAO New Orleans and the other areas that FEMA oversees were fairly localized. How does the disaster in New Orleans affect Oregon? Do you even think before you post your drivel?

Because they have knowledge of the area. How hard is that to figure out? duhhh

Put on the tin foil hat. The same one that says big government is working.

LMAO I would remind you that YOU do not vote for any other state but your own. YOU do not vote for the FEMA officials. Get a clue.

The catch is we were not founded by the one size fits all theory where an oligarchy in Washington decides for the rest of the nation. We fought a revolution over that. A loose confederation of states, united states small u.

People like YOU need to change your vote and quit electing horrible candidates with failed policies. Most politicians have no backbone. If their constituents want something and they don't deliver they are out.

When people like you are voting for big government which continues to fail and hope things change you are only fooling yourself

Even if you had the knowledge, you don't speak for others and you do not have the ability to think for others as much as you would like too. Control freak mindset.

That is because you are not informed and dont understand how things work so you sell out to big government. But that is to be expected by those who love big government to raise them from cradle to grave and don't believe in personal responsibility and they are unwilling to do the hard work associated with it like a man would.
One simple reply to the entire rant by you above, Pure BS, best spread over a garden, hey it is spring here in Texas, thanks for the free load of manure, time for planting.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:28 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,208,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
that buckaroo, is simply more of you making your false claims
When almost every response to every statement of his must begin with "I didn't say that" it isn't worth the trouble, almost all of his arguments are against some extreme position he attributes to someone else then fights against.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
When almost every response to every statement of his must begin with "I didn't say that" it isn't worth the trouble, almost all of his arguments are against some extreme position he attributes to someone else then fights against.
I don't usually waste my time on with certain Paul supporters, (not all of them are moonbat crazy) but their habit of making false claims is so obvious to the readers here that their credibility is less than zero at this point. But hey, what can I say every once in a while it is fun to watch them yap and chase their tail, I know it is cruel but we all have to have hobbies

Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,814,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
OOOOOKAY...that changes my mind on Paul...That statement alone just gave Obama one vote...I'll hold my nose,gag and pull the Dem ticket.

They just buried 6 people this week due to a tornado a few miles from me,F*&% Paul and his love of insurance companies.
Paul is not saying don't help the victims. He is just asking the states and the charities do it. Paul doesn't love insurance companies - if he did, he wouldn't advocate for a free market. In a free market, the government wouldn't be bailing out insurance companies, like they bailed out AIG. Only Paul was against it, while everyone else including Obama was for it.

You do realize that this is a media ploy to get a soundbite out of Paul?

This is how it always happens:

Media: "Do you think Social Security is unconstitutional?"
Paul: "Technically yes, but I don't have any plans to get rid of it. I will actually protect it by ending the wars......etc. etc."

Guess what gets shown on TV and gets reported? ONLY the part where Paul says "Technically yes".

Media Verdict - OK, that's it, Paul wants to throw your grandma out on the streets. Here's proof and then shows that edited clip.

Public is horrified and thinks Paul is a heartless monster. Cycle repeat with some other social program.

When will we learn to see through these smoke and mirrors?

If Paul was heartless, he wouldn't have treated poor patients for FREE his ENTIRE LIFE. If it was Romney or Santorum who did this, they will be chanting this everyday on TV.

A truly compassionate man never boasts about his altruism.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,208,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Paul is not saying don't help the victims. He is just asking the states and the charities do it.
What if it isn't in the state constitution?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
OOOOOKAY...that changes my mind on Paul...That statement alone just gave Obama one vote...I'll hold my nose,gag and pull the Dem ticket.

They just buried 6 people this week due to a tornado a few miles from me,F*&% Paul and his love of insurance companies.

I applaud Ohio for refusing Federal money!

They are going to prove that the Federal Government is not needed and show how the State can and will do a better job of what is needed, than some bureaucrat that has no clue what is going on as he sits in DC.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,990,107 times
Quote:

Decisions driven by emotion usually don't have the best results, you might want to take a step back and think about it. You may come to the same conclusion, but you sound like you need to think about it more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections