Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,095,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Now the flip-flopping piece of excrement claims Tennessee is another homestate? Well, at least he picked a homestate where he actually has a shot of winning. LOL!

Where on earth does the GOP find these clowns?
They are created in a super secret lab owned by the Koch Brothers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And yet the American voters fall for it every time ... unless you're pandering involves something completely over the top like a moon base that is. The American voters are suckers for politicians who tell them exactly what they want to hear. How do you think we ended up with Obama?
Hey...Newt got my vote with $2.50 per gallon gas and a moonbase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I don't consider the choice of Davy Crockett an oddity, either. Romney picked something familiar and "down home" to the audience as a way of establishing rapport (although he always comes across as forced). Tennesseans are attached to their Davy Crockett. I guess Michiganders are attached to their trees.
He needs to show how corrupt he can be to get my vote when he comes to Illinois...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM

308 posts, read 517,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Does he have any idea how ridiculous he looks when he does stuff like this? He would have been better off talking about the trees in Tennessee. Equally inane, but it makes him look much less desperate to please. It's just painful to watch this guy attempting to connect to ordinary people. It's so obvious that he doesn't have a clue.

LOL! Sorry, Dixie, but with Mitt's delivery it would have been awkward no matter what the context.
I agree, it is Mitt's delivery that is awkward, not necessarily what he has to say. He tries to appear like the guy you will have a beer with, strike that, coffee with, strike that, a tea with, strike that, a water with; but he is just the business guy. Play to your strengths (like in the debates) and people will not find him awkward.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:21 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Is the lady in the gray suit next to kid picking his tooth, texting?

Why is no one really paying attention to him? These optics are all wrong for Mitt.

He's not a people person, he needs to stand in front of a poster, or a big fountain or something....

Old 03-05-2012, 02:35 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He should have worn a coonskin cap.
I had one of those!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Is the lady in the gray suit next to kid picking his tooth, texting?

Why is no one really paying attention to him? These optics are all wrong for Mitt.

He's not a people person, he needs to stand in front of a poster, or a big fountain or something....
If this guy does become president (and I STILL think he's got about a 50-50 chance, unfortunately), is he ever going to relax and be himself? IS there a "self" where Romney's concerned?

The most natural I've ever seen him, was last week, when he accidentally related his true opinion on the BC controversy in that Ohio News Service interview. It was only for a sentence or two, but Mitt's response was free of pander. His eyes weren't the size of silver dollars, like they are when he's amped. I remember thinking, "Where is THAT guy? I'd still wouldn't vote for him, But at least he seemed authentic.

Alas... "Daveeey, Davy Crockett, king of the wild fronteeeer..."

Sigh...

Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I had one of those!!!
Me too. And a rifle!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:13 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
I loved that show as a kid.

Yeah Rommers saying it versus singing it is just weird.

Fess Parker - Ballad of Davy Crockett (1955) - YouTube

Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
Mitt is uncomfortable awkward in front of crowds. I don't know how people leave his events liking him more. After debates I can see, but campaign stops baffle me.
I don't think he is uncomfortable in front of crowds per se. He is extremely uncomfortable in front of crowds of the unwashed masses that he does not have authority over and he needs to like him. I am sure that he would act right at home if he was speaking to a large crowd of employees that he could fire if they didn't respond the right way.

I think the crowd has very little to do with his awkward behavior, he is just uncomfortable with any situation in which he cannot simply command people to do what he wants.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:58 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,847 times
I know Romney's a good candidate when his haters are grasping at straws like this. Really? you think he's too awkward? That's the best you got?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I loved that show as a kid.

Yeah Rommers saying it versus singing it is just weird.

Fess Parker - Ballad of Davy Crockett (1955) - YouTube
Have you heard him try to sing????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections