Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,210,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
AGREED - But, it couldn't be worse for the Repubs...as it now stands, in my opinion.

the right person is standing right in front of theirs eyes, the republicans are just not willing to see him.

this just shows me that people on both sides of the political spectrum are still afraid of freedom and liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I, too, have a daughter. I feel exactly the same way about Santorum. My girl is all grown up, but no girl or grown woman would be protected from Santorum's hate filled misogyny if he was elected.

I will go to any length to protect all the females in my life- my mother, sister, nieces, daughter, grand-nieces, and in-laws. I include my ex, my girlfriend, and all the dear ladies who are simply good friends of mine.

If any of them were subjected to the things Santorum proposes, I would most certainly go to jail before I would permit the government to intrude into their lives to such a degree.

I'm old enough that most of that list of mine are gals who are voters. I got their backs and I know they got mine. And none of us are different from millions of other families everywhere.
Guess I haven't kept up with the woman issue/controversey? What...exactly, specifically...is so offensive to to you...''If any of them were subjected to the things Santorum proposes'' ????

Old 03-16-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the right person is standing right in front of theirs eyes, the republicans are just not willing to see him.

this just shows me that people on both sides of the political spectrum are still afraid of freedom and liberty.
LOL LOL Lemme guess? Is this another Ron Paul hero worship promo?? - Please...NO

''How much rice can a Chinaman eat/stand?''

Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
LOL LOL Lemme guess? Is this another Ron Paul hero worship promo?? - Please...NO

''How much rice can a Chinaman eat/stand?''

look at the candidates, none of them actually stand for what the principles that the republican party stood for. also look at the democrat party, none of their candidates stand for what they once stood for either.

too many people in the USA are just too used to getting a paycheck from uncle sugar to even see where the money is coming from.

I am not saying that RP is the best candidate for the job, but he is sure a sight better than any of the choices being shown to us by the liberal media bias.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:50 AM

Quote:
look at the candidates, none of them actually stand for what the principles that the republican party stood for. also look at the democrat party, none of their candidates stand for what they once stood for either.

too many people in the USA are just too used to getting a paycheck from uncle sugar to even see where the money is coming from.

I am not saying that RP is the best candidate for the job, but he is sure a sight better than any of the choices being shown to us by the liberal media bias.

Since you responded so politely, decently...I'll also be polite...and concise...and simply say, Paul is a Libertarian...not a Republican.

Don't you think that has been his problem of not 'connecting' with many of the GOP base?

Old 03-16-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Since you responded so politely, decently...I'll also be polite...and concise...and simply say, Paul is a Libertarian...not a Republican.

Don't you think that has been his problem of not 'connecting' with many of the GOP base?

I already knew he was a republican with Libertarian leanings. but he is not a true Libertarian. some of his stances goes against the Libertarian party.
he doesnt connect with the republican party because they still think that the republican party is about defense, religion and the 2nd Amendment.

what they do not realize is that with freedom and liberty, all of that can come true without inhibiting anyone elses freedom or liberty.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
I already knew he was a republican with Libertarian leanings. but he is not a true Libertarian. some of his stances goes against the Libertarian party.
he doesnt connect with the republican party because they still think that the republican party is about defense, religion and the 2nd Amendment.

what they do not realize is that with freedom and liberty, all of that can come true without inhibiting anyone elses freedom or liberty.
Sorry!! That's just NOT TRUE!!! We, conservative minded...will not tolerate legalizing drugs, marijuana, prostitution. NEVER.

Also, this wacky...No foreign policy is lunacy. I'm not even going further...just too ridiculous. Don't try to mix that crap in the Conservative stance. You'll be shouted down...FOREVER

Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,019,043 times
Quote:

Um, "the choices being shown to us by the liberal media bias" are the GOP
candidates...no so-called "liberal media" chose them, nor do they write their speeches or choreograph missteps or gaffes. No journalists could make this stuff up. They may give Dr. Paul less coverage, but his poll numbers have been somewhat low, which doesn't provide much to cover.
If he started winning or even coming close to Romney and Santorum, they'd cover it. Remember Rachael Maddow's segment on how the GOP itself ignores Paul? We Liberals pay attention.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:13 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,736,741 times

Old 03-17-2012, 05:12 PM

Not only Romney...but none of these GOP candidates have any compelling appeal to the electorate!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections