Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,662 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 06:43 AM

26,483 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
I don't line up 100% with any group, do you?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:22 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,216,356 times
Love it!

All the video of Mitt is from yesteryear, no trace of gray hair, thinner face. Even a young Ted Kennedy appeared in one video shown on CNN/msnbc.

Obama is demonstrating his flexibility daily and on many larger issues than gun rights. Even Obama would not dare to challenge the gun owners, NRA because many Dems would fight him on this issue. Obama does end runs to achieve his covert goals while pretending his position on issues.

that's the big difference. I don't care how Mitt rates in some gun poll or what he said and restated. He will not support stricter gun laws and most importantly, despite his varried stands, has no covert desire to kill gun ownership.

No matter, your choice is Obama and his demonstrated regulatory and economic end runs against gun rights or Mitt who may vary his position but clearly will support gun owners.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,216,356 times
Default "man up" someone's subliminal wish

"man up"

give me a ***** break!

'man up', someone's subliminal wish that distracts attention from discussing topic....would that constitute a delection due to not staying on topic?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editorials/item_4PnDunTreYBs7jAOceCvcL#ixzz1s1GR5pzt

http://obamaflipflops.com/flipflops/list
"BARACK OBAMA: ...When you rush these budgets that are a foot high and nobody has any idea what's in them and nobody has read them.
RANDI RHODES: 14 pounds it was!
BARACK OBAMA: Yeah. And it gets rushed through without any clear deliberation or debate then these kinds of things happen. And I think that this is in some ways what happened to the Patriot Act. I mean you remember that there was no real debate about that. It was so quick after 9/11 that it was introduced that people felt very intimidated by the administration. "
then came obamacare and we had to pass it to see what was in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjdbjrXiobQ

[SIZE=5]obama rejects use of nuclear option to pass healthcare[/SIZE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6BmRvhLpw

Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,545,084 times
If you think Romney is flip-flopping now, just wait and see if he becomes president, the flip-flops will be bigger than anything Obama has ever done.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:19 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
You'll need to do better to show Obama is the best candidate.
Since Obama's inauguration I've flipped a WASR, a couple CZ100s, and an old Bushmaster for almost double what I paid for them. I'd say the Kenyan usurper's been pretty good for us gun owners so far. It's one hell of a sellers' market right now.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:23 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I don't line up 100% with any group, do you?
Did you actually watch the video? Supporting (not to mention signing a statewide) AWB plus further unspecified bans is a little more than "not lining up 100%" with the NRA. If Romney had a -D after his name they'd be out in the streets calling for his blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
that's the big difference. I don't care how Mitt rates in some gun poll or what he said and restated. He will not support stricter gun laws and most importantly, despite his varried stands, has no covert desire to kill gun ownership.
He certainly won't now, and as evidenced by his sycophants in this thread and elsewhere, they and likely the gun lobby will overlook his previous statements and actions. An anti-gun Republican is a person who no longer wants a career in politics; of course he won't do anything as president to restrict gun rights- the party won't let him do it.

It's more the blatant pandering and hypocrisy on his part, and that of the NRA, and how funny it is than anything substantive. There's probably not an issue where his, and by extension the gun lobby's lack of core conviction is on more stark display. If you don't find that funny then you have no sense of humor.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:37 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,931,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Does the guy have ANY principles? Does he know where he stands on ANY issue?
That's the best you can come up with?

"I will promise you this: that if we haven't gotten our troops out by the time I'm president it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. I will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank."
- Barack Obama, October 27, 2007

"I've said repeatedly that I intend to close Guantanamo and I will follow through on that. I've said repeatedly that America doesn't torture. And I'm going to make sure we don't torture. Those are part and parcel of an effort to regain America's moral stature in the world." - Barack Obama, 60 Minutes (2008) Guantanamo is still open, the US is using foreign nations to carry out torture, when it isn't committing it itself.

"And as President I'm going to make it impossible for Congressmen or lobbyists to slip pork barrel projects or corporate welfare into laws while no one's looking. Because when I'm President meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public - no more secrecy - that's a commitment I make to you as President. When there's a tax bill being debated in Congress, you will know the names of the corporations that would benefit and how much money they would get. And we will put every corporate tax break and every pork barrel project online for every American to see. You'll know who asked for them and you can decide whether your representative is actually representing you." - Barack Obama, 2008

"....create jobs building solar panels and wind turbines and the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow. Jobs that will help us end our dependence on foreign oil and may save the planet in the process. Rebuilding our crumbling roads and schools and bridges...." "....so we can have a new electricity grid and bring renewable energy to population centers here in Indiana and across America. Build an American infrastructure for the 21st century." - Barack Obama, 2008

"....that tired, worn-out old theory that says, that says we should give more to billionaires and big corporations and hope that prosperity will trickle-down on everybody else. The last thing... the last thing we can afford is four more years where no one in Washington is watching anyone on Wall Street because politicians and lobbyists killed common-sense regulations. Those are the theories that got us into this mess. They haven't worked and it is time for change, and that's why I'm running for President of the United States of America." - Barack Obama, 2008

"...bailout Wall Street banks. As President I will insure the financial rescue plan helps stop foreclosures and protects your money, instead of enriching CEOs. And I'll put in place the common-sense regulations that I've been calling for throughout this campaign. So that Wall Street can never cause a crisis like this again. That's the change we need." - Barack Obama, 2008

"It's been a long time coming. But tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election at this defining moment, change has come to America." - Barack Obama, November 4, 2008

Quotes excerpted from Barack Obama campaign speeches and interviews as shown in the documentary "Lifting the Veil: Obama and the Failure of Capitalist Democracy"

At a news conference Monday in Chile, President Barack Obama stated about his order to fire 110 Tomahawk missiles into Libya: "this was not an attempt at regime change, but a humanitarian effort to save civilian and rebel lives from Gaddafi’s threat to annihilate anyone who threatened his rule." March 21, 2011

"You will have your choice of a number of plans that offer a few different packages, but every plan would offer an affordable, basic package… And I believe one of these options needs to be a public option that will give people a broader range of choices and inject competition into the health care market, so that we can force waste out of the system and keep the insurance companies honest." ~President Barack Obama

Referring to the Bush Administration's use of phone companies to illegally spy on Americans: "We only know these crimes took place because insiders blew the whistle at great personal risk ... Government whistleblowers are part of a healthy democracy and must be protected from reprisal." ~ Presidential Candidate & U.S. Senator Barack Obama, 2008

"The President does not have the power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." --Barack Obama, December 2007

Old 04-14-2012, 02:24 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Answer to post #31....

Yes, cause everyone knows that 5 month old stuff is always correct....

Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Nope biggest flip-flopper out there is none other then Obama.

This ain't good Change, and it sure as hell is not the economy we asked for. Save it. And yes people are digging into their pockets for some loose change if they can find some.
Biggest flip-flopper on too many issues and going back on his word is OBAMA.
If you want to believe Obama is the direction in which this Country needs to go, God help you. Another 4 years of hell, don't think so. This was all a lie. A big friggin lie. We have such a down economy
Worse housing criris ever, lasting so dang long, too long and no ending in sight. Home values, what home values!
High unemployment, inspite the progaganda machine, and not the numbers he promised
Businesses are not booming infact many shutting their doors or closing That ain't because of a good economy, clue, when the doors close on a business, or they have to close certain stores, the economy is not good and people are not buying...

Nothing has change, things are worse, be true to yourselves, things are not going in a good direction, and people are more divided now then ever, thanks Obama. How can people think this is a good economy, when it takes eyes and ears, to know what is truly happening.

War on women, Dems are doing a pretty good job of that themselves, and that bit-- who is trying to pit women agaist each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections