Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 01:33 PM

288 posts, read 212,587 times

Advertisements

[quote=marcopolo;23869336]So a large fraction of the country faces this choice: re-elect a president with strong convictions that we totally oppose, or elect somebody different who may have a more fluid set of convictions.

Is this a new set of words to replace flip flopper?, insecure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 01:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,987,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
OMG, B. Maher came up with this one referring to Willard Rommney, and it could have not been a better description for the man; Rommney has no wit, no sense of humor, he stutters and stumbles when talking, flip flops on every issue, does not have a clear plan despite running for office for over five years, only right wingers that would vote for a crocodile if the gop candidate, would vote for such an unappealing candidate, look at the
low numbers he attracted during the primaries, overall less than 35% of gop voters, this poor guy will fail miserably, and if he keeps running, I have bad news for him, Hillary may be the opponent for 2016....
It amazes me how anyone can even watch Bill Maher much less pay any attention to what he has to say. The sad part, he used to be very funny, a little off the main drag but still funny.

Now as for Rommey, you can think what you want, but part of what you are repeating many may not agree with: no, his doesn't have a wonderful sense of humor and he may have flipped flopped or he may have actually changed his mind about things, most of us do as we mature. He is certainly not a bad speaker as you are claiming or as Maher claimed. What makes you say he doesn't have a clear plan? I don't see it that way. As for as his percentage, considering how many have been in the running, his percentage is very good.
You might want to think about your comment: if he keeps running Hillary might be his opponent in 2016, that makes absolutely no sense.??

Old 04-15-2012, 01:45 PM

26,603 posts, read 15,173,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Uh....no. I just answered your question.
So, it is okay for me to vote for Bush, since he is more personable than Gore?

Old 04-15-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
We are not electing someone to entertain you. We are electing someone to get this country back on track and provide some grownup leadership...something we have lacked for over three years now.
Can't rep you, but my thoughts exactly. God save us from people who vote because someone is amusing or funny.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM

26,603 posts, read 15,173,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Can't rep you, but my thoughts exactly. God save us from people who vote because someone is amusing or funny.
nmnita,
But come on, if the police act stupidly and you have to have a beer summit with one of the candidates, who would you rather have a beer with? This is an important issue, I want my candidate to have hollywood pizzazz!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, I'd rather have a beer with a fellow Vietnam Veteran than a war avoider who rode Daddy's influence to stay out of the war.

Call me prejudiced if you like, but that's how I feel about it.
Why are you calling him a war avoider, not everyone fought in Nam and some for good reasons. Of course we have an X pres that skipped the country. How does that hit you?

Old 04-15-2012, 02:34 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,380,443 times
Quote:
Why are you calling him a war avoider, not everyone fought in Nam and some for good reasons. Of course we have an X pres that skipped the country. How does that hit you?
But at least Clinton went to a country that speaks English. Romney went to *shudder* France. That is so un-American! Just ask all of the "freedom fries" lovers.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:48 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,564,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So, it is okay for me to vote for Bush, since he is more personable than Gore?

Sorry, but I'm not really following this conversation.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,564,299 times
Quote:

Why am I calling him a war avoider? Because he is! He DID skip Vietnam on purpose. So did a lot of people, including Dick Cheney, and I don't have much use for any of them when they turn out to be war hawks later in life.

It's like they're saying, "I love war and think we should fight, but....uh...for you...not for me. MY skin is far too precious to risk."

Old 04-15-2012, 03:55 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,591,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
He will beat obama badly and it's gonna be great. The idiocy of the left as demonstrated on c-d forums is the reason why. obama is despised now by anyone with a brain and a little intellectual honesty. Romney loves America and wants everyone to be their best. obama is simply a Chicago thug who hates our country. The biggest flip-flopping liar to ever hold the office and it was fools like the op who made it happen. You clowns owe the country an apology and penance for what you've done to America.
In other words, you believe half the country has no brain.

And Ed, grow a pair and use your real screename to call out liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections