Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:56 AM

473 posts, read 400,485 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul shocks the GOP establishment once again - National Ron Paul | Examiner.com

The Republican National Convention is only three months away and the Republican GOP race has only just begun. After this previous weekend, only 818 of the 2286 delegates have been allocated. The Ron Paul Revolution is making a strong showing in second behind Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,472,453 times
The man has my utmost respect. I would have never thought I would have voted for a Republican in my life. I haven't voted for a Democrat in over a decade, but Republicans just suck.

However, there is Ron Paul. The man with a backbone, conviction, and has his heart set on to make America a better place, even though I disagree with him at times. However, he challenged my views and made me a better person for that.

Ron Paul is a Patriot to the utmost degree.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:08 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
Nevada GOP Officials Resign After Ron Paul Takeover | TPM2012

Five high-ranking members of the Clark County GOP, which includes the Las Vegas area, have resigned amid disputes with Paul supporters, who dominated a March county convention to take 13 of 14 of executive board spots and performed similarly at the state convention, securing 22 national delegates to Romney’s three. According to the Associated Press, the former Clark County GOP Vice Chairman Woody Stroupe complained the new Paul backers “have been picking fights with the RNC” — at one point they passed a resolution calling for RNC Chairman Reince Priebus to resign.
Clark Co seems to have a bit of history. A good house cleaning seems overdue.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:41 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
No offense, but you are making some mighty big assumptions. Might want to lighten up a bit.
If you think you are being a role model I am sorry to say I don't see it that way. You seem to be letting your ego get the best of you. You seem to be doing exactly that which you have been protesting.
I'm not interested in being your role model, but ego? Try around 30 years of experience in the field as both a volunteer and professional. When you grow up, you will find that actually listening to people who have experience that you don't have, even if you disagree, is how you learn. As I said earlier--when you snipe at people who are asking you legit questions and trying to learn from you, you turn them off from your candidate. Since I'm not a Paul person, that's no skin off my nose, but I thought some of you might actually want to bring people to your side. I guess I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He's being the ass, he describes emilybh, as.

Pot, meet kettle.
I'm not a he--I'm a mom of 5. The only people who are absolutely sure they're right all the time, despite evidence to the contrary, are the very young. It's pretty obvious that most of you are very young.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:50 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm not interested in being your role model, but ego? Try around 30 years of experience in the field as both a volunteer and professional. When you grow up, you will find that actually listening to people who have experience that you don't have, even if you disagree, is how you learn. As I said earlier--when you snipe at people who are asking you legit questions and trying to learn from you, you turn them off from your candidate. Since I'm not a Paul person, that's no skin off my nose, but I thought some of you might actually want to bring people to your side. I guess I was wrong.

I'm not a he--I'm a mom of 5. The only people who are absolutely sure they're right all the time, despite evidence to the contrary, are the very young. It's pretty obvious that most of you are very young.
When were you ever looking to learn anything from us? Seriously. I never got that impression. If you were making disparaging remarks, I figured you could take a couple of zingers back too. But obviously, this is a one-way street and you have been offended to hell and back. I don't see being old as a qualification and being young as a disqualification, because the way I see it, we are stuck with this debt your generation helped create. Anyway...

If you would truly like to learn anything, I will be happy to offer an olive branch and start afresh.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post

I was addressing your allusion to someone believed to be in a position of authority.
You are lumping people and making assumptions. Something of which you were complaining.
Explaining why your post has ego issues is beyond the scope here. Perhaps, at some point you may actually reflect on that.
I am quite grown. I have in no way been disrespectful of you.

As to your point about salesmanship. I acknowledged this. The last part appears to be meaningless PC. I do not, in fact, believe you have any intention of changing your views based on your behavior.

You have spent virtually no time on this thread discussing issues or asking questions.

Last edited by CDusr; 05-25-2012 at 09:04 AM..

Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
When were you ever looking to learn anything from us? Seriously. I never got that impression. If you were making disparaging remarks, I figured you could take a couple of zingers back too. But obviously, this is a one-way street and you have been offended to hell and back. I don't see being old as a qualification and being young as a disqualification, because the way I see it, we are stuck with this debt your generation helped create. Anyway...

If you would truly like to learn anything, I will be happy to offer an olive branch and start afresh.
Honestly--I'm not offended. I'm just spelling out what I've observed. As far as disparaging remarks--go back and read my first question. Olive branches are good, and I AM genuinely interested in the "Paul" strategy for running candidates for local races--it's getting about zero coverage by the MSM, I didn't realize the Paul people were structuring themselves outside of just his candidacy, and I'd like to learn more. If you would have answered that question when I asked it, vs. the sniping, then this would have been a very different thread. I really am interested in what you have to say about it.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I was addressing your allusion to someone believed to be in a position of authority.
You are lumping people and making assumptions. Something of which you were complaining.
Explaining why your post has ego issues is beyond the scope here. Perhaps, at some point you may actually reflect on that.
I am quite grown. I have in no way been disrespectful of you.

As to your point about salesmanship. I acknowledged this. The last part appears to be meaningless PC. I do not, in fact, believe you have any intention of changing your views based on your behavior.

You have spent virtually no time on this thread discussing issues or asking questions.

And here we go again...

Old 05-25-2012, 11:33 AM

In response to your original question. The RP campaign is focused on grass roots involvement at every level. There is an enormous trail of issues with the entrenched GOP in various states and the process itself(largely involving the machine processing). Involvement at the grass roots level is the only real way to address these issues.
All processes need to be transparent and public.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:31 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
he means the "Ron Paul movement" which at the moment is mostly comprised of republicans because of RP running as a republican. But RP supporters are now "infiltrating" the democratic party in bluer areas as well.

a lot of RP supporters, myself included, aren't really in love with the Libertarian Party because of how it has trended more and more pro-war in recent years. Gary Johnson's foreign policy isn't that much different from Mitt Romney's.
You mean REPUBLICANS have become more pro-war. Libertarians never have been pro-war. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections