Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times

Advertisements

Why are the dems/Left/unions NOT making the bill on CB an issue in this election, the issue that started the recall in the first place?

Wisconsin Dems sidestep labor debate in recall - Robin Bravender - POLITICO.com

Quote:
“It’s funny, because this thing was supposed to be about collective bargaining, but I don’t remember the Democrats talking about collective bargaining in this campaign,” Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told reporters last week on a conference call. He called the issue a “dead dog loser” for the left.
Why? Because the reforms have been a monumental success for the state and it's citizens.

All the fear mongering from the Left/unions/dems was totally and completely.....WRONG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I've never heard of a "taxpayer funded union." Care to provide an example? Thanks.
EVERY public employee union is taxpayer funded.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Big money unions are going all out this time;

MADISON — A final round of campaign finance reports shows that one of the most active liberal political action committees in Wisconsin is bringing in money and campaign staff from out of state in the days before the recall election.

We Are Wisconsin, a political action committee based in Madison, is one of the most active groups campaigning against Republican Gov. Scott Walker. The PAC since May 24 has received more than $1.18 million from unions in other states and Washington, D.C. Most of that total has been spent to bring in out-of-state organizers to help drive Tuesday's get-out-the-vote initiatives.

Unions Flood Wisconsin In Final Days of Walker Recall - Reason.com

They better not go all Black Panther (voter intimidation) on Wisconsin voters. I'm betting there will be a big discrepancy between exit polling and actual vote counts. Anyone think I'm wrong? I say they lie to exit pollers on how they voted. When and if that happens, the TV news shows will look stupid with their projections.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:18 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,066,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I don't view corporations or unions as people, so no, they don't have first amendment rights. Employees/owners of corporations and members of unions do have rights. Follow???
A union member has no say as to where his/her union dollars go politically.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
The right wing loonies are the ones that accuse unions of being Communist, take it up with them.
They are communist.

How do you square the fact that all people have different work ethics, but are paid the same?

What about the fact that everyone has a different "need"? In a union, you simply cannot earn more than the next person regardless of your higher need.

There goes the leftie argument that people should be paid on "need" rather than the value of the labor.

When one joins a union, they should be handed grey pajamas and a hat with a hammer and sickle.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am in a union no problem, it is just that it is a union in the private sector. I have never believed in public uunions at all, and never will believe in taxpayer funded unions.

also savoir, I am not trashing all unions, I am just trashing public unions.
also, since you mentioned it, i know quite a few blacks that are in the tea party. people can belong to whatever group they want as long as the group does not mind them being there.
And I know some chickens that clearly support KFC!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
EVERY public employee union is taxpayer funded.
This is why the lefties are so confused.

They think that money grows on trees!

Old 06-05-2012, 03:10 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,762,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
This is why the lefties are so confused.

They think that money grows on trees!
Well, the govt does use paper from trees to print money.... and then gives it to their buddies.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:19 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,988,281 times
Quote:
Your'e a union member trashing unions?? WTF???

That's like a chicken supporting KFC , or a Black guy supporting the tea party.
Always gotta be about race. Yup, all TP folks are racists. Blah, blah, blah, more business as usual.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:59 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,631,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well, you could send the Police after them to get them out, oh wait ... errr Do the Police have unions? Well, maybe the Fire Dept .... oh wait ....
So, these people are incapable of functioning without a union?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections