Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 02:37 PM

1,187 posts, read 996,164 times

Advertisements

I thought I had taken this test before and I had been matched up with Johnson... but I just retook the test and this is what it gave me.
Quote:
Mitt Romney 98%
I side with Mitt Romney on issues of Healthcare, the Economy, Domestic policy, Immigration, Foreign Policy, and the Environment.

Ron Paul 95%
I side with Ron Paul on issues of the Economy, Domestic policy, Healthcare, Immigration, Foreign Policy, the Environment, and Science.

Barack Obama 39%
I side with Barack Obama on issues of Social and Science.
The only thing I agree with Obama on is that gay marriage is ok with me, but i did put it at the LEAST important of issues. Most of the social and science issues are not that important to me while the economy is in the crapper! Kinda surprised that I'm at 98% with Mitt though.... but I was already going to vote for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 05:12 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Ron Paul - 92%
I side with Ron Paul on issues of the Economy, Domestic policy, Foreign Policy, Immigration, Healthcare, and the Environment.

Gary Johnson - 91%
I side with Gary Johnson on issues of the Economy, Domestic policy, Foreign Policy, Healthcare, Science, Social, and the Environment.

Mitt Romney - 80%
I side with Mitt Romney on issues of the Economy, Domestic policy, Immigration, Social, Healthcare, and the Environment.

Barack Obama - 17%
I side with Barack Obama on issues of Science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Every one of these little survey things I've done have put me in Ron Paul's camp.

But............it's unlikely I would ever vote for him. I don't want a loony in the white house.
If you agree with Ron Paul on everything and if you also think he is a loony, what does that make YOU? We are all a little crazier than we realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ron Paul (92%)

Very interesting quiz. Every time I take these kinds of tests, I end up being an all out Libertarian.
Is "Libertarian" a dirty word? A lot of people seem to be shocked when they realize that they have a libertarian streak. Being libertarian is nothing radical - take personal responsibility for your actions, do whatever you like without hurting others and enjoy your God-given liberties. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post

If you agree with Ron Paul on everything and if you also think he is a loony, what does that make YOU? We are all a little crazier than we realize.

Frigg'n Priceless!

Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ron paul. But, I don't support all of his stances, and I'm on the fence with the whole gold standard thing, and adamantly disagree with free trade. Also, I don't like the whole cult of personality thing going on with him. It makes me uncomfortable and it reminds me of Obama in 2007 and 2008.

Paul is the CHANGE that was promised in 2007-January 2009.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:45 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,204,374 times
Gary Johnson- 82%
Jimmy McMillan-77%
Jill Stein-77%
Ron Paul-77%
Mitt Romney-56%
Obama- 51%

Jill Stein will be who I vote for if shes on the VA ballot.

As you can see, neither Romney or Obama are a good match for me.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
That I support President Obama is no surprise. The only reason I do is there is not alternative further to the left. I believe government should protect the poor and working people from predation by the bankers, financiers and the RW wanna be tyrants.

Sure there are alternatives further to the left, the most popular of these would be Jill Stein of the Green Party, but there are numerous workers type parties that will put forth a candidate, albeit, they will have zero chance.

As is, Stein probably wont even be on all of the states ballots.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:49 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Gary Johnson- 82%
Jimmy McMillan-77%
Jill Stein-77%
Ron Paul-77%
Mitt Romney-56%
Obama- 51%

Jill Stein will be who I vote for if shes on the VA ballot.

As you can see, neither Romney or Obama are a good match for me.
This is a very interesting result. I would love to see your actual answers. I wouldn't have imagined Stein and Dr. Paul to have anything in common but foreign policy, but yet they fare the same for you. Also interesting is how close Romney and Obama is for you.

Another thing I am curious about is why wouldn't you vote for Gary Johnson who is already on the ballot on all 50 states, seeing that you match up with him more than you match up with Stein?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
This is a very interesting result. I would love to see your actual answers. I wouldn't have imagined Stein and Dr. Paul to have anything in common but foreign policy, but yet they fare the same for you. Also interesting is how close Romney and Obama is for you.

Another thing I am curious about is why wouldn't you vote for Gary Johnson who is already on the ballot on all 50 states, seeing that you match up with him more than you match up with Stein?
Very few people ever bother to check out the Green Party platform, but if you were to draw ven diagram with it, and libertarianism, they would overlap for the most part, so its not really surprising Libertarian candidates were near the top of my ratings. The Green Party is nearly identical to the the Libertarian Party on almost every social issue and foreign policy issue. Where they differentiate are economic issues, where the Libertarians favor a sink or swim policy (largely favoring lassez faire capitalism), and the Green Party is very much worker rights. While the Libertarians believe there is too much regulation on business, the Greens believe there is too little.

That is where I shift clearly to the Green Party. I do not believe handing the country over to big business unabated and praying they regulate themselves is in the best interest of anyone (which is precisely what Paul preaches). Nor do I believe in candidates, such as Paul, who state they believe in the Constitution, yet want to overturn swaths of it that they dont agree with, and are running on that as part of their platform.

I believe if the survey were expanded, my Gary Johnson/Ron Paul support would wain, and my Jill Stein support would grow, especially if it delved deeper in to economic issues.

As for Obama and Romney.....there is a reason why they are so low and nearly identical, and its because they are both puppets of big business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections