Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/07/ga....html?src=dayp

Pretty humorous article about the impact the Romney family is having on life in the exclusive La Jolla cul-da-sac where he plans to build his McMansion. Suffice it to say a lot of neighbors (many of them gay couples ) are NOT HAPPY.

I love the bit about Romney walking down the beach (in LDS business attire, no doubt), scolding all the pot-smoking hippies.

Brings to mind the famous photo of Nixon, trying to imitate JFK's famous "Walk on the Beach" photo, by standing in the surf in a suit and tie, dipping his Floursheims in the lapping waves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:09 AM

688 posts, read 652,606 times
I'd be so bummed if the Romney's moved near me. (Not that they would ever slum it with the likes of the middle class.)

Old 06-07-2012, 10:35 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Meh. Why should anyone really care about the selfish neighborhood complaints of the top 15% of the 1%?

Old 06-07-2012, 11:04 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,471 times
So he doesn't like potheads? Seems like a plus to me.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
So he doesn't like potheads? Seems like a plus to me.
I guess the point is, he doesn't seem willing to share public space with people committing minor, harmless infractions.

But that certainly goes with his buttoned-down, repressed, authority-worshipping, short-sleeve shirt-and tie,kiss-up/kick down, bullying, self-entitled nature, doesn't it?

Old 06-07-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Meh. Why should anyone really care about the selfish neighborhood complaints of the top 15% of the 1%?
Whoa, Mogal, are you ready to join Occupy?

You think, regardless who these people are, they should have to put up with this kind of disruption on their quiet street? Would YOU??? The Stiff hasn't even moved in yet, and he's already calling the cops on his neighbors

Why the hell would Romney move into such an indefensible position? At least Nixon had the sense to site the Western White House in San Clemente on an isolated bluff.

Fearless prediction: Romney has NO INTENTIONS of living in that house. He's flipping it, but not before ruining his neighbors' peace and tranquility ( and their ocean views).

Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 PM

756 posts, read 714,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Fearless prediction: Romney has NO INTENTIONS of living in that house. He's flipping it, but not before ruining his neighbors' peace and tranquility ( and their ocean views).

$Willard is a great flipper.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/07/ga....html?src=dayp

Pretty humorous article about the impact the Romney family is having on life in the exclusive La Jolla cul-da-sac where he plans to build his McMansion. Suffice it to say a lot of neighbors (many of them gay couples ) are NOT HAPPY.

I love the bit about Romney walking down the beach (in LDS business attire, no doubt), scolding all the pot-smoking hippies.

Brings to mind the famous photo of Nixon, trying to imitate JFK's famous "Walk on the Beach" photo, by standing in the surf in a suit and tie, dipping his Floursheims in the lapping waves
What the heck do you expect? This home is likely going to be the summer White House soon. The wump wump of Marine One, the long motorcades, the men in suits and sunglasses telling the neighbors to get back into their homes, and the tourists.

It's not going to be fun.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:15 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,952 times
You've got to be kidding me. I wonder if the NY times would ever run a story on all the cramped security in Obama's urban Chicago neighborhood last election. This is disgraceful journalism. It's so much a blatantly partisan non-story that it might even out-do the Washington Post hitpiece from last month. I'm sure Romney doesn't like having those secret service people follow him everywhere anymore than any of the rest of us would, but he doesn't have much of a choice!

And what are you talking about he doesn't plan to live in the house? He goes there all the time! The story even says he's been there the past two weekends. What you are saying is either misinformed or a lie.

If you don't want to have the cops called on you, here's an idea - don't break the law!

Old 06-07-2012, 01:45 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,693,567 times
This is a small taste of King Romney. If elected he will assert his will and the will of his church on all Americans.

The only problem with Romney's neighbors is that they are not mormon and were living their lives as free Americans. The real problem is not the neighbor but Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections