Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,161,910 times

Advertisements

Mitt nor none of his five sons have served in the military.... and after Mrs Romney's comment about going on missions being like serving, I got to wondering.... is there any history of military service in the family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Mitt nor none of his five sons have served in the military.... and after Mrs Romney's comment about going on missions being like serving, I got to wondering.... is there any history of military service in the family?
You mean anti-military/pro war.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,790,392 times
Quote:
This is very peculiar. I guess when you have that much money, you don't count the military as an option. Secondly, their faith usurps any patriotism based on their choice to do missions instead of military. How would Mrs. Romney know what the difference is if she's never been in the military. I've never been in the military but I've been around them and I can tell you, that the daily grind of the military life is not for sissies and I wouldn't dare speak on it (what it's like).

My dilemma is who is stumping for Romney. Who's endorsing Romney? It's getting late in the game and there's hardly anyone publicly coming forward to sell him. I find this VERY peculiar in such a tight race. Based on a limited google search, most of his endorsements have one foot in the grave or corporate deep pockets. Not trying to hi-jack your thread. Sorry.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:05 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,472,622 times
Quote:
They are not anti military these threads are stupid

obama never served either nor did Clinton

Old 10-19-2012, 12:08 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,667,446 times
Romney may not be anti-military but he's anti-veteran, given he wants to get rid of most of the "entitlement" and social safety net programs that they might rely on.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:09 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
They are not anti military these threads are stupid

obama never served either nor did Clinton
Obama never called retired veterans freeloading moochers.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:12 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,948,854 times
What Obama did do was to reduce combat pay to only those serving in front line units, and not allow those (even if attacked routinely) who are serving elsewhere in the theater of operations the same pay.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:14 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
What Obama did do was to reduce combat pay to only those serving in front line units, and not allow those (even if attacked routinely) who are serving elsewhere in the theater of operations the same pay.
Sounds like a fiscal conservatives dream. Too bad there are few true fiscal conservatives.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:17 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,948,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sounds like a fiscal conservatives dream. Too bad there are few true fiscal conservatives.
There are right and wrong ways to apply fiscal conservatism. If you as the commander in chief are going to put a service member in harms way, then you should at the very least reward his sacrifice although it is a pittance of a reward.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:25 AM

20,129 posts, read 16,209,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Obama never called retired veterans freeloading moochers.
No, but he threatened to not sign the defense bill because he thought they didn't raise veterans' health insurance fees enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections