Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:07 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,668 times

Advertisements

Either classsified information was leaked for political purposes, or it was leaked for some other purpose, or through incompetence or ignorance. There is zero doubt that it was leaked. Whether or not the president is riled up about the accusation, his administration has a very serious problem, one that will damage it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Either classsified information was leaked for political purposes, or it was leaked for some other purpose, or through incompetence or ignorance. There is zero doubt that it was leaked. Whether or not the president is riled up about the accusation, his administration has a very serious problem, one that will damage it.
I don't know that it will damage his administration with his lemmings.

Remember the left's faux outrage over the Valerie Plame story? This is ten times worse and you haven't heard a peep from those hypocrites.

Liberals disgust me. At least Diane Feinstein (D-CA) had the intellectual integrity to call out the White House on this. Hopefully she has a spine and keeps up the pressure.

I guess for Barry's lemmings, Feinstein is a right wing nut job too.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,562,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Richard Nixon was a criminal. McCain is a fool. Obama outshines both. Not must my opinion, but specific public opinion confirms it.
And yet both Nixon and McCain were hugely popular (public opinion) at one time. Until certain actions discredited them. As far as discredit goes, yes, Obama outshines them both, people like you just won't admit it because you hate to admit your views are "misguided".

Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,562,339 times
[quote=DJboutit;24705034]
Quote:
Trolls this forum have gone crazy saying everything signal thing he has done has failed well your so wrong I do not need to prove it for the 500 time, the troll will still say the 101% truth is a lie and do not want to hear it

As you continue to prove with your every pitiful post in support of the liar-in-chief. Even exact quotes from this man, you try to say mean something else while continuing to believe in his blame game.

Time for you to take off the obamagoggles, wake up and take a look at reality.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Richard Nixon was a criminal. McCain is a fool. Obama outshines both. Not must my opinion, but specific public opinion confirms it.
What public opinion might think one day and what they think the next is what matters. Nixon was well repected and McCain was almost idolized at one point. Obama is well lkied, we all know that (why I don't have a clue) but regardless, there are a lot of things going on right now that could literally break him. It isn't just the leak, which did happen, whether you want to accept this or not but there is "Fast and Furious" there is the possiblity of the supremem court throwing out Obanacare or part of it and we still have a very weak economy. At this stage you can blame whomever you want, but the leader has to take responsibility. When a team loses a game or has a lousy season, the coach takes the heat, when the team shines, it is preceived as all due to great coaching.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,743,089 times
Quote:
Richard Nixon was a criminal. McCain is a fool. Obama outshines both. Not just my opinion, but specific public opinion confirms it.
Obama "outshines both"? I'm going to assume that you're talking about him being likable and well liked.

Okay, being popular absolves you of all guilt? If that were the case, Watergate would not have destroyed President Nixon because Nixon was one of the most popular presidents in modern history. Even with the rumors about Watergate lurking, Nixon managed to do this in his re-election bid:

So yeah ... Nixon wasn't popular at all ...

The underlying thing in both cases: If either man just admits up front that they "made a mistake" and apologizes sincerely, the the public will forgive and forget. They might take a small downturn in the polls, but we're all human and we all realize that nobody is perfect. The problem is acting as though you have something to hide and boldly denying you did anything wrong when it's pretty obvious to anyone that you did.

In the grand scheme of things, the actual act of spying on the DNC at Watergate was not that big of a deal. Just a bit of mischief really -- and completely unnecessary since he had nothing to fear going into that election to begin with. What Nixon did wrong was all the denial and the cover-up.

That is what I'm seeing Obama doing now. There is no other possible explanation for it: Somebody in his administration leaked the information to the New York Times. But he says he's offended by the notion that his anyone in his administration had any involvement. It's just like Tricky Dicky insulting the intelligence of the American people all over again. The American people are not stupid. Obama offering a blanket "I'm so offended" outright denial that expands to everyone in his administration = Barack Obama is insulting the intelligence of the American people. How stupid does he think we are?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:15 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I don't know that it will damage his administration with his lemmings.
Remember the left's faux outrage over the Valerie Plame story? This is ten times worse and you haven't heard a peep from those hypocrites.

Liberals disgust me. At least Diane Feinstein (D-CA) had the intellectual integrity to call out the White House on this. Hopefully she has a spine and keeps up the pressure.
I guess for Barry's lemmings, Feinstein is a right wing nut job too.
Faux outrage?
The "left" was not, and is not, outraged over the repug outing of a CIA agent? This should be beyond Party. Moderate ("liberal" to you) media is still talking about it today and bemoaning the lack of complete investigation. All Americans should be outraged by it, but out of sight out of mind (Libby took the fall and that was enough for the dopey conservative corporate "news" media).
And to devolved GOP mind not real important Of course, since they did it!
Typical - nothing the GOP heinously does for its own gain, and to the detriment of the country, is very important when exposed. So you hate "liberals" (because they are the agents of exposure).
And "liberals" (the word redefined by Fox) disgust you? Who cares? Means they're doing something right. You are becoming an accurate barometer.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What public opinion might think one day and what they think the next is what matters. Nixon was well repected and McCain was almost idolized at one point. Obama is well lkied, we all know that (why I don't have a clue) but regardless, there are a lot of things going on right now that could literally break him. It isn't just the leak, which did happen, whether you want to accept this or not but there is "Fast and Furious" there is the possiblity of the supremem court throwing out Obanacare or part of it and we still have a very weak economy. At this stage you can blame whomever you want, but the leader has to take responsibility. When a team loses a game or has a lousy season, the coach takes the heat, when the team shines, it is preceived as all due to great coaching.
Yeah we "still" have a weak economy ever since 2008, but less so - how about that.
This is what I love about the disingenuous repub right. Obama must "take responsibility" for not fixing the mess which repubs created before 2008 - and not overcoming ongoing attempts of the congressional repubs to make him fail (for the good of the GOP).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections