Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 05:46 AM

26,584 posts, read 15,153,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I saw 5 signs today, three of them i have not see these ones at all except for today.

They said, want your Country Back, Don't Support Obama. Three of them in one day which was today.

The other two were for vote Romeny. Something about take a stance, Getting your Country back, and did not read the rest. Haven't really paid attention except for today, because i love the ones that said don't support Obama. If you want your Country Back. Today was the first day, i really paid attention to the signs on cars.

People are smarter this time around, you can only be ignorant to the facts for so long, when the facts are all around us.
I think I see as many anti-Obama bumper stickers as I do pro-Obama bumper stickers. I don't hear anyone enthusiastically supporting him. I hear many people enthusiastically opposing him. His support has weakened from 2008. President Obama has not been a highly successful president by any means. Hopefully people will start to think if he promises everything again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
No, repug media is partisan.
They want nothing that makes Obama look good (November - remember?). Repug media will approve of the deed if Bush gets most credit for it.
* Their top priority is making Obama fail and have said so.
* They are saying that for Obama to use the killing as a credit to his policies is unseemly, selfish, un-presidential - yet Bush can be credited (okay Fox is doing his talking).
* In Fox's report of the death, there were 7 images shown of George Bush, and not one image shown of Obama. Gee, guess who Fox wants to give credit.
* Fred Barnes told Fox News that Bush told him “bin Laden doesn’t fit with the administration’s strategy for combating terrorism.” - that capturing bin Laden is "not a top priority". Why would it not be? Why would repugs want Bin Laden on the loose?
Romney is just another Republican. Traditional conservatives should start speaking out, otherwise I will just lump them all together.

Oh, so now you change it to the media, rather than just Republicans in general.

I have heard some Conservatives in the media point out President Obama's hypocrisy in the matter. Obama says that we won't spike the football with Bin Laden. Then he makes getting Bin Laden into a political re-elect me video as if it were a tough decision. President Obama rejected interrogation methods that the insiders are saying directly led to the info of getting Bin Laden.

It is fair game to look at Obama's role in getting Bin Laden, the second he makes it a campaign issue.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,102,794 times
Anybody ever notice the "shut up and sing" conservatives seem to know every "celebrity" who doesn't like Obama?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,946,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Oh, so now you change it to the media, rather than just Republicans in general.
I have heard some Conservatives in the media point out President Obama's hypocrisy in the matter. Obama says that we won't spike the football with Bin Laden. Then he makes getting Bin Laden into a political re-elect me video as if it were a tough decision. President Obama rejected interrogation methods that the insiders are saying directly led to the info of getting Bin Laden.

It is fair game to look at Obama's role in getting Bin Laden, the second he makes it a campaign issue.
Always vague platitudes and pronouncements with very little detail.
* You are talking about torture and "insider experts" hand-picked by Fox.
* Any repug would make BL a campaign issue. If Bush got him they would have held ticker tape parades. Bush would have shown up - in uniform, codpiece and all. Who are you kidding?
* Obama cited Bush for his "part" in the capture, though he didn't need to.
If Obama wanted to "spike the football" he had every right to. Your last sentence is vague. It suggests Obama had little role in getting BL and Bush deserves the credit?

Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,945,210 times
Oh my, how will I sleep at night, an opportunistic bimbo won't be voting for Obama! Had she not said this, she would never be in the news again, she wants to get in headlines and this is the only way how.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:30 PM

detwahDJ,

Always vague platitudes and pronouncements with very little detail.
* You are talking about torture and "insider experts" hand-picked by Fox.

If you call waterboarding torture, yes. Handpicked phony experts by FoxNews? You mean like CIA Chief Leon Panetta on NBC News is a phony expert! I suppose the CIA guy in charge of the interrogations at Gitmo, Jose Rodriquez telling CBS on 60 minutes is also a hand picked phony expert person by FoxNews!

* Any repug would make BL a campaign issue. If Bush got him they would have held ticker tape parades. Bush would have shown up - in uniform, codpiece and all. Who are you kidding?

What were you saying about platitudes and pronouncements? You need to day dream less.

* Obama cited Bush for his "part" in the capture, though he didn't need to.
If Obama wanted to "spike the football" he had every right to. Your last sentence is vague. It suggests Obama had little role in getting BL and Bush deserves the credit?

So you admit, Obama is a hypocrite on this issue and made it a political issue?

Last edited by michiganmoon; 06-12-2012 at 08:56 PM..

Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,281,363 times
"Obama Girl" was on the news today:

'Obama Girl' having a change of heart - YouTube

Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times
Quote:
Do you honestly believe that Republicans are upset that Bin laden was killed? Are you nuts?

You are partisan to the point that you have lost rationality.
A lot of Repubs on this forum were upset that Bin Laden was killed, yes, indeed. Go do a search.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:39 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,565,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I saw 5 signs today, three of them i have not see these ones at all except for today.

They said, want your Country Back, Don't Support Obama. Three of them in one day which was today.

The other two were for vote Romeny. Something about take a stance, Getting your Country back, and did not read the rest. Haven't really paid attention except for today, because i love the ones that said don't support Obama. If you want your Country Back. Today was the first day, i really paid attention to the signs on cars.

People are smarter this time around, you can only be ignorant to the facts for so long, when the facts are all around us.
You are in Orange County (the bastion of the Republican party and....the birthplace of the Klan in the state of California) so seeing anti-Obama signs in your territory doesn't really count.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:15 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,417,617 times
Default What nonsense; God, who cares?

Quote:
‘Obama Girl’ is ‘not as excited’ about 2012, won’t endorse Obama - Yahoo! News

If he is potentially losing "Obama Girl" - how many other teenie boppers is he potentially losing?

No wonder Obama has been going gangbusters with slow jamming the news, ads on MTV and cheap celebrities.
Newsflash for the misinformed and clueless: President owns the youth vote.

Along with the youth of this country, he is supported by the following:

Women
Native Americans
Blacks or AAs
Asians
Mexicans or Hispanics
Indians
Gays
The unemployed, underemployed
Historically disadvantaged
Working class
Blue-collar
The urban population in every city in every state
Progressive, enlightened, educated, non-bigoted whites
The entire Northeast, Midwest, and Far West
Immigrants
Those who support the Arts, medical research, and the Environment
College-educated
High-tech
Hollywood
Silicon Valley
Elderly relying on Medicare and Medicaid
The sick, poor, and weak
The underprivileged and underclass
Those who are not bigots
Those who remember what Republican represent because of Bush
Those sick of the Republicans in Congress
Those sick of Fox, Limbaugh, and the rest of those right-wing kooks
Those who are not narrow-minded
Those who are not fooled by GOP deceptive marketing
Those who hate Scott Walker
Those disgusted with the entire GOP presidential field
Those disgusted with the very sad Romney
Those who vote Democrat as a matter of course
....so on and so forth.

What this girl does means nothing. Get a clue.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections