Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:30 AM

26,536 posts, read 15,111,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Newsflash for the misinformed and clueless: President owns the youth vote.

Along with the youth of this country, he is supported by the following:

Women
Native Americans
Blacks or AAs
Asians
Mexicans or Hispanics
Indians
Gays
The unemployed, underemployed
Historically disadvantaged
Working class
Blue-collar
The urban population in every city in every state
Progressive, enlightened, educated, non-bigoted whites
The entire Northeast, Midwest, and Far West
Immigrants
Those who support the Arts, medical research, and the Environment
College-educated
High-tech
Hollywood
Silicon Valley
Elderly relying on Medicare and Medicaid
The sick, poor, and weak
The underprivileged and underclass
Those who are not bigots
Those who remember what Republican represent because of Bush
Those sick of the Republicans in Congress
Those sick of Fox, Limbaugh, and the rest of those right-wing kooks
Those who are not narrow-minded
Those who are not fooled by GOP deceptive marketing
Those who hate Scott Walker
Those disgusted with the entire GOP presidential field
Those disgusted with the very sad Romney
Those who vote Democrat as a matter of course
....so on and so forth.

What this girl does means nothing. Get a clue.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
The president "owns" voters? How arrogant. With that mentality, no wonder the president has been such a failure...no one holds him accountable...he just "owns" voters.

P.S. The irony is, you show a lot of bigotry in your post, yet you are throwing the bigot name out at Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
A lot of Repubs on this forum were upset that Bin Laden was killed, yes, indeed. Go do a search.
Perhaps you could find them and link them. I can't find them. In a country of 310,000,000 people, I am sure there are a few nut cases in both parties. No significant amount of conservatives were upset if the best you can do is say that someone posted they were upset and we don't even know who that poster truly is.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Perhaps you could find them and link them. I can't find them. In a country of 310,000,000 people, I am sure there are a few nut cases in both parties. No significant amount of conservatives were upset if the best you can do is say that someone posted they were upset and we don't even know who that poster truly is.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-killing.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...aden-body.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mped-into.html

This one is probably the best in my quick search.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...n-critics.html

There are 13 pages in my search. I don't have time to go through them all now. But you can bet your boots there are plenty more like the one above. But you knew that.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 PM

37,953 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
The reason some were upset is they wanted him alive to stand trial.

I believe more were upset that the raid was publicized instead of using evidence gathered with the knowledge that others didn't know he was dead could have been used against the enemy.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
‘Obama Girl’ is ‘not as excited’ about 2012, won’t endorse Obama - Yahoo! News

If he is potentially losing "Obama Girl" - how many other teenie boppers is he potentially losing?

No wonder Obama has been going gangbusters with slow jamming the news, ads on MTV and cheap celebrities.
I think it is a no brainer he will lose a lot of the young vote that supported him last time. They fell for his promises and thought he was cool, but as for the Obama Girl as she is called: this is a publicity stunt in my view. She is lapping up the attention and will be back with some other ideas, including, possibly supporting him in the fall.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...aden-body.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mped-into.html

This one is probably the best in my quick search.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...n-critics.html

There are 13 pages in my search. I don't have time to go through them all now. But you can bet your boots there are plenty more like the one above. But you knew that.
Katiana,
Your original claim was that Republicans were upset that the US got Bin Laden, under President Obama's watch. What I see in your link is something different. People upset about specifics like:

#1 President Obama taking too much credit over the Navy SEALS.
#2 President Obama being a hypocrite on 'not spiking the football'.
#3 People wanting Bin Laden alive for a trial or information on his terrorist organization.
#4 People wanting proof of Bin Laden's body.
#5 People were wondering if info we gained was compromised with the rush to publicize that we immediately got him and insider terrorist info.

I don't see anyone actually upset that the US got him. These all seem like rational concerns that people can have, even if you or I disagree.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think it is a no brainer he will lose a lot of the young vote that supported him last time. They fell for his promises and thought he was cool, but as for the Obama Girl as she is called: this is a publicity stunt in my view. She is lapping up the attention and will be back with some other ideas, including, possibly supporting him in the fall.
That may be true. I definitely think that President Obama will not win the youth vote (18-29) by the same 34 point margin again. As a teacher, a ton of students were wearing Obama clothing on a regular basis in 2008 and 2009. This entire school year I can only remember 2 students wearing Obama clothing and they rarely wore them. People are disappointed that he promised them the moon and delivered little...that he has totally failed with the budget or to even address concerns like social security.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,672,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
"Obama Girl" was on the news today:

'Obama Girl' having a change of heart - YouTube
It's amazing what passes for news these days...

Old 06-14-2012, 11:27 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,940,832 times
Quote:
Katiana,
Your original claim was that Republicans were upset that the US got Bin Laden, under President Obama's watch. What I see in your link is something different. People upset about specifics like:

#3 People wanting Bin Laden alive for a trial or information on his terrorist organization.
#5 People were wondering if info we gained was compromised with the rush to publicize that we immediately got him and insider terrorist info.

I don't see anyone actually upset that the US got him. These all seem like rational concerns that people can have, even if you or I disagree.
Gawd, here we go again. The far-right "perspective".
#1 Obama openly lauded the Seals. This item probably suppressed by Fox.
#2 Obama has spoken very little about his "accomplishments" as opposed to Bush and repubs. Repubs would stage ticker-tape parades for Bush.
#3 Wanted by the right only after the fact, for political mileage. If Bush got him, you wouldn't care less.
#4 Only after the fact, same as #3. If Bush got him, you wouldn't care less.
#5 Same as #3 and #4. Fox and the right publicly "wondering" about stuff in order to diminish the accomplishment.
Repubs never wanted Bin Laden, as their bogeyman, captured before 2008.
Repubs never wanted him captured later because it would look good for Obama. Now G.O.P. TV is trying to diminish the success, but finding it difficult.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Katiana,

Well, look at these posts, from that last thread. If I had a few hours, I could find lots more just like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Whackin a guy with an executive order is an accomplishment? Some of you libs are a bloodthirsty lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm not defending bin laden, good riddance to bad rubbish.
I'm worried about the precedent Obama has set by giving himself the say so to kill a guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
"I'm a Murderer" is an unusual campaign slogan but it is kind of catchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Obama is good, killed Bin Laden and the USA economy with the same shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Just a question... when was the last time there was a credible terrorist threat within the borders of the US?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
And it was a tough decision to make. After all, as Bill Clinton says in that propaganda piece, Obama's presidency was riding on it. So the overriding consideration for Obama was politics, not the welfare of the men being sent into harm's way. Nope. It was all about--will this hurt or help my re-election chances? What a guy! How gutsy!
Now this is a fairly new thread. Apparently you didn't read any of this stuff when it happend. All kinds of conservatives blathering about OBL not getting "due process", etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections