Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Yes, but none of them have a chance in hell of even winning one state. That means your vote is just a vote for whatever party is leading in your state.
No it isn't. It's a vote for my conscience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 09:05 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlraven View Post
Let me start out by stating that I have never, nor will I ever give my vote to any republican OR democrat running for president.
Sigh...you have no idea how good you have it in America. I bet you don't even know who your congressman is or which district you live in.

People like you really need to travel outside the country. You don't even have to go that far, just try Mexico City for a week. You will come home and kiss the ground the second you walk off the plane.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Can I take that this same reasoning can be used for 2010?
And that same reasoning will give Obam the boot.

I can't wait!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 PM

23,235 posts, read 29,075,721 times
I'll vote, providing there's a voting booth within 100 feet of my house!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:59 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,195,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No it isn't. It's a vote for my conscience.
It doesn't matter what your motivation is. Your motivation doesn't matter in an election. There will only be two viable candidates in your state. You can vote for one of them and have it matter or you can vote for some third party candidate who doesn't matter. Should you do the latter, it won't matter as that person can't win and you've reduced the number of people voting for the two real candidates.

That voting that way makes you feel one way or another really doesn't matter to the election.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:44 AM

1,013 posts, read 911,011 times
i actually never voted for any of these scum bags.

i made an exception this year and join republicans only to vote for ron paul, I would not have done so otherwise.

as such if he is not the nominee then kiss my vote for either scum bags repugs or demos good bye not going to vote for any evil.

if more than 50% of the population do not vote then can we declare all elections in the usa illegitimate and start a revolution then?

i want to see more than 50% population not vote and make a big deal of it then see what the scum in Washington will do.

you know the ones that are letting john corzine free for stealing MF global money and not even getting jail time.
the one that is campaigning for obama and republicans would have probably let him go as well.
you know the romney that wants ndaa that wants to kill americans.

can we say we will be all outright declared slaves after this election. they have passed so many bills recently these 2 years just to make sure they have laws to arrest us for saying anything.

R or D dont matter at this point.

both are the same trash the ones that support obama and romney are idiotic buffoons.

dixiegirl the one that supports romney and posts so much is clueless as well.

at this point the collapse of the usa is all but guaranteed.

in the mean time these elite will pillage as much as they can and run.
lets see what is the next crime to happen by these elite in stealing our money.

they are not even trying to hide it anymore they are outright stealing.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:51 AM

1,013 posts, read 911,011 times
Quote:
Sigh...you have no idea how good you have it in America. I bet you don't even know who your congressman is or which district you live in.

People like you really need to travel outside the country. You don't even have to go that far, just try Mexico City for a week. You will come home and kiss the ground the second you walk off the plane
really if people knew the politics then they would literally throw up.

most of the people in the know already are throwing up as they know we are responsible for countless deaths for maintaining our empire.

libya was an excuse iraq was an excuse even if it is not our lives lost we killed millions.

millions vs our 1000s of deaths not a bad score the elite would say of course in their games.

your types make those in the know throw up.

we have it good?
really we are being treated as slaves right now.

so if one criminals offers you a shot to the head or a stab in the back
which one do you choose?

just because it is less bad here compared to say something like cuba
doesn't make it any better.

too much corruption is too much corruption.

STOP defending evil. Sigh i call you people sheeple the slaves of society.

So why cant we fight back eh?

the government is suppose to be our slaves not we be the slaves of the government.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 AM

14,034 posts, read 15,048,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
really if people knew the politics then they would literally throw up.

most of the people in the know already are throwing up as they know we are responsible for countless deaths for maintaining our empire.

libya was an excuse iraq was an excuse even if it is not our lives lost we killed millions.

millions vs our 1000s of deaths not a bad score the elite would say of course in their games.

your types make those in the know throw up.

we have it good?
really we are being treated as slaves right now.

so if one criminals offers you a shot to the head or a stab in the back
which one do you choose?

just because it is less bad here compared to say something like cuba
doesn't make it any better.

too much corruption is too much corruption.

STOP defending evil. Sigh i call you people sheeple the slaves of society.

So why cant we fight back eh?

the government is suppose to be our slaves not we be the slaves of the government.
If you really feel strongly then DO SOMETHING, run for your States General Court, or US House of Reps, if you don't vote, and you don't run don't complain.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Yes, but none of them have a chance in hell of even winning one state. That means your vote is just a vote for whatever party is leading in your state.

It's a nice symbolic gesture, but political strategists don't care about these types of votes as they don't matter. Were there a real third party, it might matter, but thanks to the religious nutjobs that pervade a lot of this country, social issues keep this country in a two party system. There is occasionally a third party candidate that gets some amount of votes, but it's always a one off.
of course you are right, but I do understand those who feel they can not support either party so they vote for an independant or a libartarian, or someone else on the ballot. What I will never understand are those who just plain do not vote. No matter what reason these people give, it makes no sense to me.

Nita

Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter what your motivation is. Your motivation doesn't matter in an election. There will only be two viable candidates in your state. You can vote for one of them and have it matter or you can vote for some third party candidate who doesn't matter. Should you do the latter, it won't matter as that person can't win and you've reduced the number of people voting for the two real candidates.

That voting that way makes you feel one way or another really doesn't matter to the election.
It's sad that people think that (D) or (R) should be our only choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections