Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 12:54 PM

42 posts, read 68,974 times

Advertisements

Let me start out by stating that I have never, nor will I ever give my vote to any republican OR democrat running for president. To paraphrase a very successful person in the world of sports; How many more times do you need to be hit in the face by a skunk before you smell the odor? So, here is a brief description of the two evils you can choose between.

Republican candidates:
Back-pocket, gold club card carrying elitist club members party only. If you are not one of the affluent, upper echelon, so-called 1%er in the country then you are viewed by them as their entertainment...they rule, everyone else kneel before thy masters and empty your pockets on your way out.

Democratic candidates:
Lets encourage all the poor and less-fortunate men and women of the country not to try to work, not to try to help themselves, to better themselves. And, lets encourage them to have more kids. And, we will give them free food, a place to live and more free things so that they can raise more poor and less-fortunate souls to bleed the system dry.

Go ahead...vote. I smelled them skunks long ago. Different names, but the party always remains the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 01:01 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,217,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlraven View Post
Let me start out by stating that I have never, nor will I ever give my vote to any republican OR democrat running for president. To paraphrase a very successful person in the world of sports; How many more times do you need to be hit in the face by a skunk before you smell the odor? So, here is a brief description of the two evils you can choose between.

Republican candidates:
Back-pocket, gold club card carrying elitist club members party only. If you are not one of the affluent, upper echelon, so-called 1%er in the country then you are viewed by them as their entertainment...they rule, everyone else kneel before thy masters and empty your pockets on your way out.

Democratic candidates:
Lets encourage all the poor and less-fortunate men and women of the country not to try to work, not to try to help themselves, to better themselves. And, lets encourage them to have more kids. And, we will give them free food, a place to live and more free things so that they can raise more poor and less-fortunate souls to bleed the system dry.

Go ahead...vote. I smelled them skunks long ago. Different names, but the party always remains the same.

it is people like you that got obama elected
these lazy assed people that stay home has no right to an opinion!!
shame on you!!
what the hell are you doing here if you are too frigging high minded to vote!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:40 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,430,874 times
If you truly believe there are no differences between the parties, it's good that you do not vote.

The facts are plentiful and obvious that there are major differences, and whichever way this election goes will make an impact of you, me, and everybody else. You are not a little island unto yourself. Who I decide to vote for will impact you in a small way, but since you won't vote for President, you won't affect me at all, or any of the rest of us.

It's the old saying: If you don't vote, don't gripe at what you get. You had your chance to make a difference, and you blew it.

Remember that the President of the United States, the most powerful position on the planet, was decided 2,000 votes in 2000. Every single vote in Florida counted that time.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:18 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,198,131 times
Quote:
Sorry, but by not voting, you're actually voting for whoever is in the lead in your state. You're participating by not participating and you don't even realize it.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,927,170 times
Well you don't have to vote, you also should have no say so on how our coutry is run and you shouldn't even bother to give an opinion..Am I going to vote? You darn well better believe it...Am I excited about the choices? No, but there is always one candidate that come closer to believing like I do than another and I do not expect any candidate to agree with everything I believe in.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:40 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,831,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
it is people like you that got obama elected
these lazy assed people that stay home has no right to an opinion!!
shame on you!!
what the hell are you doing here if you are too frigging high minded to vote!
Obama got elected because the american people absolutely had it with Bush and the GOP completely destroying the nation. There was no way in hell any right winger was going to win.

Not to mention did you even read what the OP posted before going on your far right tirade? The poster never said he didn't vote, just wouldn't vote for an R or D. There are other parties out there you know,...

Old 06-10-2012, 04:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times
There are always more options than (R) or (D).

Old 06-10-2012, 04:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Obama got elected because the american people absolutely had it with Bush and the GOP completely destroying the nation. There was no way in hell any right winger was going to win.
Can I take that this same reasoning can be used for 2010?

Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,172,256 times
Yeah... I'll vote.

You know though, this thread reminds me of something...

Douche and Turd (Season 8, Episode 8) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios

Old 06-10-2012, 08:15 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,198,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are always more options than (R) or (D).
Yes, but none of them have a chance in hell of even winning one state. That means your vote is just a vote for whatever party is leading in your state.

It's a nice symbolic gesture, but political strategists don't care about these types of votes as they don't matter. Were there a real third party, it might matter, but thanks to the religious nutjobs that pervade a lot of this country, social issues keep this country in a two party system. There is occasionally a third party candidate that gets some amount of votes, but it's always a one off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections