Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 03:36 PM

92 posts, read 57,008 times

Advertisements

Dear Ron Paul, We Will Not Quit!

For those who keep asking me who I am voting for and why waste your vote on RP...this answers it for everyone. I love this video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM

12,685 posts, read 6,774,947 times
I'm not giving up my support of what Ron Paul stands for. This was probably his last rodeo. I don't think we'll see him make a run for POTUS again. But this time around, he made a much bigger splash than ever before. From this point going forward, I'm taking a long term view and will do whatever I can to help the movement grow in the years to come.

Ultimately, it's not truly about Paul. It's about ideas that work. It's about common sense. Ron Paul is going to die in the not so distant future. Old age takes us all eventually. But great ideas never die. What he stood for will live on long after Paul is dead and gone. I hope that we see a new leader arise that is as incorruptable as Ron Paul. We'll see. But the movement isn't going away anytime soon. Sooner or later, Americans will pull their heads out of the sand and see good common sense when it's right in front of their faces. That's not as easy as one might think when you're so used to doing things that don't actually make sense. Idiotic nonsense shows up in every culture in history and it is very hard to change the thinking of an entire culture and civilization. Common sense will win out in the long run.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:57 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,610,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomAndLiberty View Post

For those who keep asking me who I am voting for and why waste your vote on RP...this answers it for everyone. I love this video.
Dear Ron Paul voters,

Thank you for your support!

Love,

President Obama

Old 06-15-2012, 06:28 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,530,734 times
I'm glad they finally filed a lawsuit against the Romney gangsters. I'd love to see their A**es hauled in to court. His campaign is starting to act more and more like Obama's Chicago gang did when he first appeared out of nowhere. That worked because he fooled so many people. Romney's strategy is backfiring.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 PM

92 posts, read 57,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Dear Ron Paul voters,

Love,

President Obama
Obamney. Not any difference between the 2 candidates from the establishment...So good try.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:27 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,526,249 times
No need to "quit." Because the voters never hired you. Never would.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:55 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,203,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomAndLiberty View Post

You're not wasting a vote. Since the Paul votes won't matter, you'll just be implicitly giving a vote to whatever sensible person is the candidate winning in your state.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:15 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,045,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Dear Ron Paul voters,

Love,

President Obama
You know, I've been thinking about that line of thinking. I remember when folks
voted for Obama because they just couldn't stomach McCain wanting to continue
Bush's wars of choice - you know the "maybe, we will be there a 100 years", etc

Guess what, Obama turned out to be Bush Jr on steroids

Why would anyone vote for Romney, thinking they are not getting an Obama, if
voting for Obama was no different than getting a Bush....
KInda like the hair shampoo commercial: and so on and so on....

I'm trying to think of what I can thank you for, when you vote for either, and
well - I think I need to wash the **** out of my hair first - or should
we say, lather, rinse, and repeat.

So, I guess I'll just say, thanks for a bright shiny future

Last edited by pollyrobin; 06-16-2012 at 04:33 AM..

Old 06-16-2012, 04:32 AM

22,632 posts, read 15,011,463 times
On the one hand I admire people who are willing to stand on their principals and want to agitate for meaningful change. You should never give up. If you have a specific political ideology, you must realize that you have "missionary work" to do in order to garner more supporters. However this process takes years.

On the other hand, I think the Ron Paul supporters are naive if they think the majority of Americans are with them. Support for Paul has not been that significant. There seems to be belief that if the GOP would make him the nominee, millions of Democrats would cross party lines and vote for him.

The Ron Paul supporters do recognize one truth that Reps and Dems seem unwilling to admit: that there really is not that much difference between Obama and Romney. In foreign policy, both parties are almost the same. In domestic policy, one party pays a little more "lip-service" to corporate executives, evangelical fundamentalists, gun owners, etc. and the other to unionized labor, minorities, environmentalists, etc.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:36 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,045,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The Ron Paul supporters do recognize one truth that Reps and Dems seem unwilling to admit: that there really is not that much difference between Obama and Romney. In foreign policy, both parties are almost the same. In domestic policy, one party pays a little more "lip-service" to corporate executives, evangelical fundamentalists, gun owners, etc. and the other to unionized labor, minorities, environmentalists, etc.
Ron Paul is a messenger. There still is the Libertarian Party

http://www.lp.org/

Last edited by pollyrobin; 06-16-2012 at 04:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections