Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 07:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,701,568 times

Advertisements

We've got but a few days to find out if OCare blows up in his face, and I think (and desperately hope) it will. His base doesn't have a clue what's in it, or have much of a clue about anything, but they'll get the message loud and clear that he tried to shove something down our throats that's illegal and unconstitutional. I think that message might actually soak into their thick skulls.

And he'll have absolutely nothing to fall back on because he hasn't accomplished a single thing.

Exciting times, they are a'comin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 07:31 PM

487 posts, read 383,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I think Romney is faking it. Romney will say anything to get elected, which I don't like, but that's just his thing. Romney will be more George H.W. Bush, than George W. Bush.
And you don't think Obama is saying anything to get re elected? Have you been living in a cave during the last few weeks?

Old 06-16-2012, 07:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,477,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Democrats are hurting themself with the unfocused message and flip flopping. 1 minute economy is fine, Obama saved it, the next minute, the economy sucks, and of course because Obama just took credit for it, people will blame him..

Attack big business, and rich people while Obama runs around at $40,000 a plate dinners.

When all else fails, they shout racism. Nope, no one wants to hear that crap either, and thats a major turn off to most americans who have a different opinion.

keep it up, Democrats killing their own campaign chances right before our eyes...

You sum it up pretty darn good. I sense a urging oF DESPERADO! From day to day, what Obama will we get.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,987,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You sum it up pretty darn good. I sense a urging oF DESPERADO! From day to day, what Obama will we get.
I think many see the desperation. I totally understand the Democrats who are very strong in their beliefs standing behind him and the same with those standing behind Romney. My biggest concern is how anyone could think he is even a decent Pres. He has done more bad than good, he entered the Whitehouse with no clue as to what he was getting himself into, and he had never really shown his leadership ability. All he had was a couple of degrees and we don't really know that much about them either and he was a heck of a good salesman...

Nita

Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,199,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If Republicans liked Obamacare when it was originally proposed, it would be the law, but as it stands.. WE DIDNT LIKE IT THEN, so why do you expect us to like it now?
That's a load of crap. The Republicans didn't have the power back then to get it passed. That's not the same as they didn't like it. Had they not liked it, they wouldn't have pushed the idea. Were you even old enough to vote back then? Otherwise, it would be a they and not a we.

Quote:
There is no R presidential candidate that ever took over the nation's health care system.
Your precious Republican candidate for President did pass a law that is essentially Obamacare. All of his opponents during the nomination process agreed with me and not you as they all called him out on it. He might be flip flopping on it now to appease the unintelligent right wing partisan parrots who post on internet chat boards, but he believed in the idea and had it passed.

Incidentally, Gingrich is also on record at one point supporting the individual mandate. It's really the only way that the proposed laws work.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,814,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I thought Obama had a good chance of winning the election but I think adding at least 800,000 new workers to the American economy when job creation has been low and so many Americans seeking jobs are becoming discourged was about the most foolish thing he could do. With millions of Americans unemployed, who in their right mind would come up with the idea that a large new work visa for foreign citizens is needed? Or whose needs come first? The American people's needs or the desires of foreigners to come and stay in this country?

Obama chose the desires of foreigners to live in this country and come and take jobs. Throwing Americans under the bus seems like something only someone rattlled by desperation would do.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,228,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
That's a load of crap. The Republicans didn't have the power back then to get it passed. That's not the same as they didn't like it. Had they not liked it, they wouldn't have pushed the idea. Were you even old enough to vote back then? Otherwise, it would be a they and not a we.
So you are now saying Democrats hated the idea and wouldnt gone along with it?

A HANDFUL OF GOP MEMBERS, Dont speak for us all
Quote:
Your precious Republican candidate for President did pass a law that is essentially Obamacare. All of his opponents during the nomination process agreed with me and not you as they all called him out on it. He might be flip flopping on it now to appease the unintelligent right wing partisan parrots who post on internet chat boards, but he believed in the idea and had it passed.
You have no excuse for not knowing the difference between a state and a federal law. The fact that they hold the same opinion that you do, dont mean they agreed with you, unless of course you had a discussion with them.
Quote:
Incidentally, Gingrich is also on record at one point supporting the individual mandate. It's really the only way that the proposed laws work.
How does Gingrich speak on behalf of all republicans?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:38 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,580,103 times
They've been panicing since Clinton endorsed Romney's career and accomplishments @ Bain Capital for being 'stellar'.

That's also the last word that anybody would ever use in describing 'President Pass-The-Buck', who had the audacity to blame a tsunami for our wobbly economy and nonexistent 'recovery'.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,987,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I thought Obama had a good chance of winning the election but I think adding at least 800,000 new workers to the American economy when job creation has been low and so many Americans seeking jobs are becoming discourged was about the most foolish thing he could do. With millions of Americans unemployed, who in their right mind would come up with the idea that a large new work visa for foreign citizens is needed? Or whose needs come first? The American people's needs or the desires of foreigners to come and stay in this country?

Obama chose the desires of foreigners to live in this country and come and take jobs. Throwing Americans under the bus seems like something only someone rattlled by desperation would do.
Even before Friday his chances were looking worse and worse. That is why he did what he did. It seems like every week, if not every day, something new pops up to hurt his re-election . We will have a decision on Obamacare anyday now, the illegal issue will do nothing but hurt him, the Holder mess is going to haunt him and the Whitehouse cover up, whether he did know anything about it or, isn't going to sit well. Add to tha,t the awful economy that seems to go backwards everytime it takes a step forward: example, gas rose, since Friday 12 cents a gallon here.

Nita

Old 06-17-2012, 02:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,814,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Even before Friday his chances were looking worse and worse. That is why he did what he did. It seems like every week, if not every day, something new pops up to hurt his re-election . We will have a decision on Obamacare anyday now, the illegal issue will do nothing but hurt him, the Holder mess is going to haunt him and the Whitehouse cover up, whether he did know anything about it or, isn't going to sit well. Add to tha,t the awful economy that seems to go backwards everytime it takes a step forward: example, gas rose, since Friday 12 cents a gallon here.

Nita
It wouldn't even surprise me if the illegals turn on him in a few days.

Right now it's like they're drunk with euphoria -- they've won! they've won! They're dancing in the streets, all giddy with their amnesty.

But what will 800,000 work visas get them if there are no jobs? May's job creation was only 69,000. If June has that many than 731,000 illegals are still without jobs -- how long can they keep their work visas if they aren't using them?

Assuming that job creation remains the same as May and zero Americans are employed in the coming months, it's going to take the 800,000 illegals a whole year before they all find employment. Again -- that's assuming that zero Americans are given these newly created jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections