Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,040,537 times

Advertisements

Bringing in the Big Bubba himself. LOL. Looks like bammer is getting worried too. I just wonder who's gonna be keeping an eye on his sec service detail and the brothels in the area??

"Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz announced Thursday that Clinton would be campaigning with Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett as he looks to unseat Gov. Scott Walker in next week’s recall. The former president will take part in a rally with Barrett, according to the Barrett's website.

Clinton has recently emerged as the party’s go-to utility player. On Monday, he will appear with President Obama at three consecutive fundraisers in New York, including a small dinner at the home of hedge fund manager Marc Lasry (whose fund once employed Chelsea Clinton) and a gala at the Waldorf Astoria. Topping off the evening will be a Broadway concert featuring performances by stage luminaries such as James Earl Jones, Tony Kushner, Patti LuPone and Angela Lansbury."

Bill Clinton joining Wisconsin recall battle against Scott Walker - latimes.com

Oh and I though all the corporate donation thingy was evil and wrong and bla bla bla bla according to the squealing swooners? LOL

"But as we reported last month, organizers have found a way for monied interests to play a role in financing the event. Convention officials have encouraged corporate executives to write personal checks. They have suggested that corporations can donate goods and services to the convention, and give up to $100,000 through a corporate foundation. Lobbyists can also bundle money in exchange for perks such as credentials. And union money is not prohibited."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 PM

753 posts, read 844,700 times
Shouldn't this be in the Elections or Wisconsin forum? Most of us could care less about this.

I mean, wasn't it the WI folks that voted these extremists in? I doubt they are going to vote them out.

Next story!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 PM

679 posts, read 661,832 times
If I hear one more out of stater preach about one side of this election going on in MY state I think I will lose it. Almost every sane person is is fed up with both sides. The airwaves are flooded with non-stop rhetoric.

Walker is flooded by big business and corporate interests and Barrett is flooded by pro-union and labor interests. There is no denying either. Its a simple matter of picking your poison, lesser of two evils, etc.

Can we leave it at this and stop trying to endlessly villify each opposing side? Christ grow up people.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,707,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
If I hear one more out of stater preach about one side of this election going on in MY state I think I will lose it.
Californians For Scott Walker!

Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,040,537 times
Why don't you take a cue from your leaders playbook and run off to Illinois. LOL

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-01-2012 at 04:42 AM..

Old 05-31-2012, 11:10 PM

679 posts, read 661,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Looks like we got a couple whining dem's. Why don't you take a cue from your leaders playbook and run off to Illinois. LOL
You may want to check your reading glasses. Of course anyone who holds a radical opinion considers the moderate ground the "opposition." Also you resorted to Ad Hom which usually means you lack the capacity to hold a capable argument yourself.

How pathetic.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
No body brings Conservatives out to vote in masses, like Slick Willie will.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,079,749 times
Considering that the Demotards have made this their Waterloo..... and spent many millions to do the recall..... it would be intellectually dishonest to even suggest that the right had anything to do with keeping this in the news

Old 06-01-2012, 01:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times
DWS is concerned because a loss here would be the first step to her losing her leadership position.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,306,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Considering that the Demotards have made this their Waterloo..... and spent many millions to do the recall..... it would be intellectually dishonest to even suggest that the right had anything to do with keeping this in the news
You are a real "independent"

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections