Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 10:31 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,980,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A massive and historic storm is barreling towards the beltway this weekend. The entire DC-NYC axis, headquarters of the left media complex, will suffer the effects of three storm-fronts, converging at the same time. Evacuations may be ordered, but it is likely too late. No, I'm not talking about Hurricane Sandy. The storm I mean is the growing realization that Obama is on the cusp of losing the election. But, with just a little over a week to go, it may be too late to hit the panic button.

Democrats and the media have labored under several false assumptions the entire campaign. They wove these into a narrative that Obama's reelection was inevitable. It may have helped them sleep at night, but it caused them to miss the tectonic plates shifting beneath the election. This weekend three storm-fronts started converging that will sweep their assumptions away. Let's look at each in turn.

The first storm-front is the expanding campaign battleground. I've long noted that which states become competitive towards the end of the race can tell you a lot about the state of the campaign. In 2008, when "red" states like Indiana, Virginia, North Carolina and Montana suddenly became competitive, it was a clear sign that Obama had a huge momentum advantage. This year, however, it is "blue" states becoming competitive. In the final week, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota are emerging as new battleground states. If Romney's position is improving in states like these, its a good sign that he slated to win states like Florida, Colorado, Virginia and Ohio.
Link: Gathering Storm: Time for Dems to Hit Panic Button

I'd say the Democrats should have hit the panic button after the first debate. Even if they hit the button now, it's too late to save Obama's re-election chances. Thank. God.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times
It's never too late for the dems and obama thugs to try something but I've thought for months now, especially since the Walker fiasco for them in Wisconsin that Romney would be our next president and win handily.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,837,160 times
The radical right wing Breitfart? The only ones hitting the panic button are the far right. Obama has been destroying Willard in the early voting

Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,423,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The radical right wing Breitfart? The only ones hitting the panic button are the far right. Obama has been destroying Willard in the early voting
Go ahead, shoot the messenger. It will make you feel better, temporarily. Bookmark the link so you can reread it on the evening of Nov. 6th, right about when Ohio gets put in the Romney column, with Pennsylvania still too close to call.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Arent you the same poster who predicted Walker would lose his recall election based upon a car wash poll?

Yes, yes you are..

I'm sorry to hear that basic math is 2 difficult for you to understand, but 1 early vote = 1 less vote on election day.

IT MEANS NOTHING, unless Romney supporters decide to simply not vote..

FAIL!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,788,293 times
Why panic? I'm a bit lost. Obama is ahead. Even if he loses, which seems unlikely, life will go on.

Seriously, y'all be safe out there. Especially you Trace (you live in Maryland, right?). Sandy looks to me to be one big, bad mama. Please listen to the evacuations. I have a feeling that when the thing really hits tonight, folks will not have enough time to reevaluate if they made the wrong decision. Just get the hell out of town.

I hear Arkansas is beautiful this time of year.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:14 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,423,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Why panic? I'm a bit lost. Obama is ahead. Even if he loses, which seems unlikely, life will go on.

Seriously, y'all be safe out there. Especially you Trace (you live in Maryland, right?). Sandy looks to me to be one big, bad mama. Please listen to the evacuations. I have a feeling that when the thing really hits tonight, folks will not have enough time to reevaluate if they made the wrong decision. Just get the hell out of town.

I hear Arkansas is beautiful this time of year.
very, very nice.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:18 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,487,962 times
As of today (10/29) Rasmussen reports Romney leads Obama in Ohio 50% to 48%.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:34 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,837,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Arent you the same poster who predicted Walker would lose his recall election based upon a car wash poll?

Yes, yes you are..

I'm sorry to hear that basic math is 2 difficult for you to understand, but 1 early vote = 1 less vote on election day.

IT MEANS NOTHING, unless Romney supporters decide to simply not vote..

FAIL!!!
Was that your facebook you had under your screen name? If so I'm digging that Justin Bieber haircut

Old 10-29-2012, 11:53 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,223,949 times
Quote:
How about some destroying proof...

I did not know they count those ballots or HAVE counted those yet? You and buzzard must have a crystal ball....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections