Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:36 PM

68,404 posts, read 54,700,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The only thin Romney needs to do is piont to the economy and say that what Obama has done has not worked.

It's pretty simple really.
Really?

He need offer no solutions?

So, blame Bush is bad but blame Obama is sound campaign strategy?

What typical right wing hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,658,389 times
You gentlemen are not respecting our next president... Be nice, he OWNS obama...

Old 06-20-2012, 01:53 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,872,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
He has put together a blue ribbon committee to come up with a strategy that he will release after the election.
Romney reminds me of Kerry when he ran for POTUS who "had a plan" but we NEVER knew what the "plan" was.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:53 PM

20,504 posts, read 12,452,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really?

He need offer no solutions?

So, blame Bush is bad but blame Obama is sound campaign strategy?

What typical right wing hypocrisy.

LOL. you define Hypocrisy incorrectly. blaming Bush got Obama elected. As much as I hated to see Obama elected and as much as I was willing to engage in debate about what the causes of the recession were/are I did not have an issue with Obama blaming Bush in 2007/8 while running for president.

However, His blaming Bush NOW 3 years later after he has gotten more than a trillion dollars in stimulus spending passed, after he got Dodd/Frank passed, after he turned his back on the economy and instead focused on getting Obamacare passed (which cuts $500BILLION from Medicare), He no longer has that luxury.

Now he must live by his own words. HE said that if the economy doesn’t improve then vote him out. HE said he wanted the reigns. HE said passing Stimulus1 would keep unemployment below 8%. HE said elections have consequences.

Now is the time for Blame Obama.

The day after the election that argument will no longer be valid.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Romney reminds me of Kerry when he ran for POTUS who "had a plan" but we NEVER knew what the "plan" was.
In fact Mr. Romney has a detailed economic plan. it is easy to find. you can find it yourself.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:59 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,989,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You gentlemen are not respecting our next president... Be nice, he OWNS obama...
So now you are advocating slavery?

Old 06-20-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL. you define Hypocrisy incorrectly. blaming Bush got Obama elected. As much as I hated to see Obama elected and as much as I was willing to engage in debate about what the causes of the recession were/are I did not have an issue with Obama blaming Bush in 2007/8 while running for president.

However, His blaming Bush NOW 3 years later after he has gotten more than a trillion dollars in stimulus spending passed, after he got Dodd/Frank passed, after he turned his back on the economy and instead focused on getting Obamacare passed (which cuts $500BILLION from Medicare), He no longer has that luxury.

Now he must live by his own words. HE said that if the economy doesn’t improve then vote him out. HE said he wanted the reigns. HE said passing Stimulus1 would keep unemployment below 8%. HE said elections have consequences.

Now is the time for Blame Obama.

The day after the election that argument will no longer be valid.
Does ANYONE really believe that 3 years would get us out of the HUGE recession that the last adminisration took 8 years to inflict on us....... get real here.
Obama stopped the USA from going bankrupt by using stimulus. Romney now wants to reverse the recovery that NO ONE can deny is happening here by using the same austerity measures that are destroying Europe.
Unemployment figures of 8.2% is amazing considering the unemployment when Obama took office. My god....... .2% off of his projection is a win.
Yes after 3 years it is too early NOT to blame Bush.......... Damn that guy nearly sunk the USA....
BIG TIME!

Old 06-20-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Does ANYONE really believe that 3 years would get us out of the HUGE recession that the last adminisration took 8 years to inflict on us....... get real here.
Obama stopped the USA from going bankrupt by using stimulus. Romney now wants to reverse the recovery that NO ONE can deny is happening here by using the same austerity measures that are destroying Europe.
Unemployment figures of 8.2% is amazing considering the unemployment when Obama took office. My god....... .2% off of his projection is a win.
Yes after 3 years it is too early NOT to blame Bush.......... Damn that guy nearly sunk the USA....
BIG TIME!
if we used the same unemployment methods used in the early 80's the number would be closer to 16%. We changed methodologies.

So.... in a word... YES.

And let me help you. Obama used the money GEORGE BUSH got congress to appropriate to stop the ruin of the banking industry. Obama FOLLOWED GWB POLICY on that.

Stimulus had nothing to do with America going bankrupt and by all accounts, it was a massive boondoggle. Some have argued that the actual cost of created/saved jobs exceeded $150k while those jobs averaged a value of less than $40k. Down here in the south we call that tossing bad money after good.

Everyone pretty much agrees that the cause of the recession was CRA and Graham-Leach-Bidley (sp) I can’t get that last guys name right in my head.... that bill passed 97-0 in the Senate. It was signed into law by Bill Clinton and the House passed it with very wide by-partisan support (read blame enough for everyone)

I would however call your attention to Bush era operatives testifying before congress of the dangers of Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac (the two quasi-government organizations at the heart of the meltdown) and the need for congressional regulation.... Barny Frank and Maxine Waters were outraged that George Bush would suggest these wonderful entities would be brought under question...

So to say that George Bush was at fault...well He was president and he didn’t stop it. We agree on that.

But what did Obama do? did he repeal the culprit? Did he get rid of the Graham bill? did he reinstitute Glass/Stiegel (sp)? Nooooooooo....

He gave Chris Dodd the keys to the economy and had him write a new regulatory structure (Dodd/Frank). Chris Dodd... you should Google that.... dude was in up to his eyeballs in corruption related directly to the mortgage industry and his wife was a top lobbyist for that industry... 2000 pages of new regulations... Glass/Stiegel is still D E A D...

Big Banks were not harmed or hampered.... but small banks? banks that work with the common folks? got their proverbial necks cut. THAT is what Obama did. He HURT those he was supposed to help.

Almost 3.5 years now and the economy is still sputtering. THAT IS OBAMAS FAULT.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:46 PM

The economy is now recovering and YES that is OBAMA'S FAULT

Old 06-21-2012, 09:08 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,086,346 times
Although I am a democrat, and would love romney to lose, this is the right strategy for him. Why should he stray away from the game plan and start going deep. Just get 4 yards on first down, 4 yards on second dow, a quick slant here or there and go deep occasionaly. There is no need to line up in shotgun and start throwing the ball all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections