Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 AM

26,542 posts, read 15,111,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Romney has a bigger gap to close and that's the issue. IF,IF,IF,IF, that's all I keep reading on these post. IF is a dream.
How about this if. If the current undecideds break for the challenger at the same rate they historically do...Romney is currently ahead in the Electoral College.

You are nuts if you think this isn't close right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 08:07 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,170,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course it is, but that means nothing, the voter turnout was down and have you read or listened to the experts at all? The projection and this is by almost everyone, the turn out will be very low in Nov. Many of Obama's 2008 supporters are staying home this time. Many were one time voters, haven't voted before and won't vote again, certianly not for ahile. Add to that, some republicans that did not vote in 2008 won't make the same mistake this time. Do I think it will be a landslide, one way or the other? No, but if you think Obama is a shoe in and obvioulsy you do, you need to re-think this or be willing to say, in Nov, but I got that one wrong.

How do you make these predictions? How do you know if Obama's supporters are staying home this time around? It's June? This is incredible because you actually believe what you are typing and most of the tin foil crowd believes this exact same thing.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:12 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,170,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
How about this if. If the current undecideds break for the challenger at the same rate they historically do...Romney is currently ahead in the Electoral College.

You are nuts if you think this isn't close right now.

"IF the current undecideds..............." Thank you for making my point. Let's talk facts and not IF's. Romney is not a strong candidate. There are so many intangibles that have to take place for him to squeak by with a win. I just don't see it happening. He will be chewed up in the fall in the debates. His flip flopping on issues will be the death of him. He already has an issue brewing with immigration reform. Based on his statements, I can't tell what side of the fence is he on in regard to this issue and he won't talk about it? No pun intended.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:21 AM

26,542 posts, read 15,111,244 times
IF the current undecideds..............." Thank you for making my point. Let's talk facts and not IF's.

Fine, fact, if the RCP average of polls are accurate, Romney only needs to persuade less than 1% of Michigan and Florida voters to flip to take the lead in the electoral college. Hence, it is a close race.

Romney is not a strong candidate.

Neither is Obama.

There are so many intangibles that have to take place for him to squeak by with a win.

Nope, see above.

I just don't see it happening.

That is your opinion, I thought you wanted to talk facts?

He will be chewed up in the fall in the debates.

More opinion. Are you going to get to facts?

His flip flopping on issues will be the death of him.

Umm, Obama has flip flopped more the past 4 years or so, so it will probably be a wash for informed voters. Perhaps that is why polls show Michigan Independent voters picking Romney +6.

He already has an issue brewing with immigration reform.

There is some evidence that this issue won't play well in midwest swing states. So it is also an issue for him.

Based on his statements, I can't tell what side of the fence is he on in regard to this issue and he won't talk about it? No pun intended.

Obama tends to avoid specifics and when he does he changes. I agree with candidate Obama on a lot of issues. Too bad we both disagree with president Obama.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
The link below provides a map of how each state is projected to vote after recent polling.

ElectoralVote

That's a good site.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:11 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,737,763 times
ElectoralVote

Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
The major problem is Romney is an imperfect candidate.... Obama has lost his luster after 4 years, but people remember Bush and his MBA then look at Romney and realize he is Bush 2.0.
Correct. Romney just comes across as extremely insincere. Add his "business background" and multiple flip flops to the mix & he is not a compelling candidate. Their only hope is voter suppression.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:15 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,052,604 times
Quote:
The link below provides a map of how each state is projected to vote after recent polling.

ElectoralVote
"Electoral-Vote.com (formally, Electoral Vote Predictor) is the website of computer scientist Andrew S. Tanenbaum. The site's primary content is poll analysis to project the outcome of U.S. elections. The site also includes commentary on related news stories. Tanenbaum, a libertarian who is a member of Democrats Abroad, and generally supports Democratic candidates for office, revealed his identity on November 1, 2004, as well as stating his reasons and qualifications for running the website."

Electoral-vote.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-11-2012, 01:52 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,737,763 times
Well there you have it. It seems like they are truly being unbiased.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:27 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,906,027 times
Quote:

ElectoralVote
My poor Virginia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections