Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Yup, it is early yet. Besides, my own area is rural and pretty conservative (yes, Cali does have those too!)... where you'll even see the occasional "Palin" sticker (without McCain on it!), plus a few of those old die-hard "W '04" round decals with the flag! And as detwahDJ mentioned, in many places like this, having an Obama/Biden sticker is kinda like living in the Deep South and putting up a sign in your front yard, that says "I Luv Gays, and Dale Earnhardt Sucks!"

BTW, for all the Faux outrage about supposed incidents of "lib-rul vandalism", don't worry, we're still working on "catching up" to cross-burnings and desecrating houses of worship...
lol.
I own property an hour from Bristol raceway in Tenn, and yes, Dale earnhardt sucks
They also have had recent cross burnings up there. ( a poor man with an Obama sign in 08 had his house vandalized also)

In Florida my husband's car was vandalized bcs he had a Kerry sticker on it, so I'd have to say, if you look at people who idolize Glenn Beck, yes, they advocate violence and hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Yeah, average Americans at each others' throats. Amazing to see Limbaugh's divide-and-conquer strategy somewhat successful after 35 years. This is just what conservative media has been working to achieve for decades. Fortunately it has affected just a few imbeciles, but I know Fox, Rove, Ayles, Republicans, and their aristocratic base and trolls are loving it (and they're a little uneasy about it too).

Old 08-16-2012, 11:27 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I live in the Washington DC suburbs, inarguably one of the more staunch liberal bastions in the nation. Back in 2008, when driving around the 495 Beltway and beyond, I couldn't help but notice the amazing number of "Obama/Biden 2008" bumper stickers and the array of other pro-Obama paraphernalia adorning cars. The support for the president-elect was beyond palpable.

Fast-forward to 2012, and I RARELY ever see an Obama bumper sticker. In fact, i've made it a personal challenge to look at cars as I drive around to see if I can register any outward support for the guy. Let me tell you, it is nearly non-existent. Will the people of the DC-area still pull the lever for Obama/Biden in November? Without a doubt. But let it be known that the pure lack of excitement for this failed President is very evident......so much so that Obama bumper stickers are hardly anywhere to be found.

If that's not a sad commentary on the leadership of this President compared to the Hope N Change Magic Carpet Ride of 2008, then I don't know what is!!!
There is a lack of excitement for everything to do with this election cycle. It's not one sided.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:13 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
If you didn't host a fundraiser in the Hamptons, Romney doesn't want your money.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
If you didn't host a fundraiser in the Hamptons, Romney doesn't want your money.
I gave him money. Twice, actually.

I've never been to the Hamptons.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:52 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
I live in the Washington DC suburbs, inarguably one of the more staunch liberal bastions in the nation. Back in 2008, when driving around the 495 Beltway and beyond, I couldn't help but notice the amazing number of "Obama/Biden 2008" bumper stickers and the array of other pro-Obama paraphernalia adorning cars. The support for the president-elect was beyond palpable.

Fast-forward to 2012, and I RARELY ever see an Obama bumper sticker. In fact, i've made it a personal challenge to look at cars as I drive around to see if I can register any outward support for the guy. Let me tell you, it is nearly non-existent. Will the people of the DC-area still pull the lever for Obama/Biden in November? Without a doubt. But let it be known that the pure lack of excitement for this failed President is very evident......so much so that Obama bumper stickers are hardly anywhere to be found.

If that's not a sad commentary on the leadership of this President compared to the Hope N Change Magic Carpet Ride of 2008, then I don't know what is!!!
Do you have a Romney sticker on your car?

Personally I wouldn't put any poltician's bumper sticker on my car. I don't believe any of them give a rat's ass about me, why should I shill for them?

Old 08-16-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I gave him money. Twice, actually.

I've never been to the Hamptons.
Shoulda saved your money and went to Montauk instead, ya woulda had more fun

Old 08-16-2012, 12:56 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Yeah, average Americans at each others' throats.
Obama, the great uniter. If this is uniting I hate to see what pitting Americans against each other is

Old 08-16-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Obama, the great uniter. If this is uniting I hate to see what pitting Americans against each other is
Forgotten 2001-2009 already?

Old 08-16-2012, 01:46 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times
I have been to many hardcore red states recently and have hardly seen any Romney bumper stickers.

Majority on Both sides are disillusioned with the politicians and the choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections