Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,696,091 times

Advertisements

GOP Approves 'Most Conservative Platform In Modern History' | ThinkProgress

No abortions in cases of rape or incest. Mandatory ultrasounds. No morning after pills. No recognition of same-sex marriage. No women in combat. Reinstating DADT. No new taxes except for war.

This is all the official platform of the GOP. This is no small government party, this is no 'for the people' party, it is a party of religious zealots who want to impose their own morals on the entire country. I am not a party line voter, I'd vote for whoever I think has the best ideas for this country, but I'd find it very difficult to support any Republican candidate now if this is the platform of their party. It's funny, right wingers often talk about Sharia law and how it's a threat to the world... yet they've adopted some pretty hard line stuff in their platform that doesn't seem all that different from those scary scary muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 PM

640 posts, read 717,909 times
What happened to the Republican Party?

I couldn't tell you but if you find 'em let me know...this crypto-facist thing has got to stop.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post

No abortions in cases of rape or incest. Mandatory ultrasounds. No morning after pills. No recognition of same-sex marriage. No women in combat. Reinstating DADT. No new taxes except for war.

This is all the official platform of the GOP. This is no small government party, this is no 'for the people' party, it is a party of religious zealots who want to impose their own morals on the entire country. I am not a party line voter, I'd vote for whoever I think has the best ideas for this country, but I'd find it very difficult to support any Republican candidate now if this is the platform of their party. It's funny, right wingers often talk about Sharia law and how it's a threat to the world... yet they've adopted some pretty hard line stuff in their platform that doesn't seem all that different from those scary scary muslims.
Never before has America needed a 3rd party president...... both Obama and Romney are intolerable

Old 08-22-2012, 09:34 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:

Stealing is sin according to the Bible.

Should stealing be legalized so that no one imposes their religion on you?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Stealing is sin according to the Bible.

Should stealing be legalized so that no one imposes their religion on you?
Stealing harms another person. Also there were laws against stealing LONG before the bible was written.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Never before has America needed a 3rd party president...... both Obama and Romney are intolerable
Honest question, who would you pick to lead it and maybe hold the Whitehouse, is there someone?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Stealing harms another person. Also there were laws against stealing LONG before the bible was written.

Jews in Nazi Germany and African slaves in the US were also considered non-persons by people who would have been inconvenienced by their personhood.

I'm sure Nazis and slave owners did not appreciate people of conscience imposing their religion on them either.

BTW...glad to hear you support a balanced budget amendment.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:

This is what happens when you crater to the religious right, the anti-tax movement, and social conservatives for the past 48 years.

The rest of the country moves ahead and you stay behind.

Why?

It's worked in the past and it's the only way that you can stay politically viable.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Jews in Nazi Germany and African slaves in the US were also considered non-persons by people who would have been inconvenienced by their personhood.

I'm sure Nazis and slave owners did not appreciate people of conscience imposing their religion on them either.

BTW...glad to hear you support a balanced budget amendment.
And most Nazis and slave owners were "christians". They even used your book to justify murder, and slavery.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
It would be interesting to see the actuall republican platform not what think prog thinks it is with an article that only links to other think prog articles. Hell the second link I clicked on didn't even work. Getting beyond desperate soros and his boys it appears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections