Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 08:47 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times

Advertisements

You'll see. I suspect you're a fairly young person but I've worked with politics for more than 40 years and I know what's happening and what's coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,795,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You'll see. I suspect you're a fairly young person but I've worked with politics for more than 40 years and I know what's happening and what's coming.
I'll trust actually polling data from around the country rather than your single view. All the polling points to a tight race. Whoever wins, will do so by a slim margin.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:18 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,413,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You're a nobody. I always love when someone tries to be all condescending on this forum, yet does so essentially anonymously.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:30 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times
Insult away but I'm right and you'll see soon enough.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:31 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,854,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
As much of a complete douche Rove is, his election map has been 100% spot on accurate down to the state since he started the map many years back.

His latest update shows Obama still pummeling Willard, and by +64 in the electoral map

Fine....the you should be a happy camper.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,994,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
As much of a complete douche Rove is, his election map has been 100% spot on accurate down to the state since he started the map many years back.

His latest update shows Obama still pummeling Willard, and by +64 in the electoral map

not really, you obviously have not been listening or watching Rove. Even in the states that lean Obama he is pointing out they are quickly turning, in some cases they may be still listed as leaning but the % for Obama has gone down from say, 6 or 8 to about 2 or 3 points. The toss up states he feels will almost or will all go Romney...So listen while you are posting a useless map..As for him being a douche, I do not like him particularly either, but I don't think your discription is all that accurate.
Nita

Old 08-25-2012, 01:54 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
LOL, if Rove's map is correct (and everyone that is not a delusional partisan knows that it is) it shows that Romney hasn't even locked up traditional GOP states like Texas and Tennessee.

It looks like Obama is going to lay a smackdown of epic proportions on Romney.

Good. Romney wasn't good enough for them years ago and nothing has changed....well except for the amount he has stashed overseas in order to avoid taxes....

Can anyone come up with a legitimate reason to hide money abroad? a hedge against the dollar isn't the answer either btw.... there is one reason only the wealthy do this.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Actually polling data suggests otherwise.
only when you oversample Democrats in large margins.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
You're a nobody. I always love when someone tries to be all condescending on this forum, yet does so essentially anonymously.
Didnt you just do that?

Old 08-25-2012, 02:30 PM

6,104 posts, read 6,004,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The difference between you and the government, is you have a home to sell, the government does not.
Until you have retired that mortgage and get a clean title to the property you will find out who really owns that property. Your lender has to concur when you want or need to sell that property. Often these days a lender will block the sale for what ever reason and take steps to asert his ownership known as a foreclosure and some Americans learn the lender has the power of law behind him if he choses to remove them forcibly from his property!

The Federal Governmnet has quite a lot of property, it owns about 1 million square miles of this nation (roughly 1/3 of its area) It also has about 2 million square miles of ocean bottom property which in places has valuable fisheries or petroleum or gas deposites. Oil companies do not qwn these off shore oil or gas fields, they only lease them. It owns nearly 2 trillion dollars in military equpment nearly a trillion dollars in strategic nuclear weapons and almost as much in concentional weapons and all the real estate housing, transport, logistics and medical facilities. Think how much American debt to China could be retired by selling them several of the oldest Nimitz class carriers and several wings of the oldest block 1 F-18As. How much would the Iranians pay for a flight of 40 year old Minuteman 3 ICBMs with the nuclear package included? Other agencies have significant assets like The Energy Department. Example its Brookhave National Laboratory on Long Island has an inventory of property worth 2-3 billion dollars and if it were decommisioned would fetch more than a billion dollars on the commercial real estate market as one of the last significant sites for a developer to develop on the island either as commercial property or residential property ( the BNL site could house a hundred thousand people a development of the same scale as the original Levittown). A lot of Federal Debt is owed to itself like the 4.7 Trillion dollars of Treasuries owed to the Social Security Administration or the 2-3 Trillion dollars of IOUs it holds from America's Financial Industry which needed the money to stave off insolvency and pay off over a trillion dollars of its debt to foreign and domestic parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections