Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,193,696 times

Advertisements

Oh, this should be fun! We can't wait! Unleash him and let him roll! Every time he opens his mouth it just chips away at Obama's credibility a little more and gives the Romney campaign a little more to fight with!

Either Bill's elevator isn't going all the way to the top these days or he knows exactly what he is doing! I choose the latter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM

78,732 posts, read 60,928,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yeah and we all know how much midwesterners loved Clinton, lol.

Don't get me wrong! I think having Clinton along with him is what might save Obama's hiney - it will sure guarantee a turn out as Bill Clinton is even more popular as an ex-Prez than he was while in office.

That was a heckuva good speech he gave last nite, even tho it was rife w/ distorted information. I enjoyed it, even while I realized that I was being fed some Grade A BS. But that's the thing . .. Clinton is entertaining and we WANT to believe him even when we know his track record for lying.

Bill Clinton is the best thing Obama has done for his campaign.
Yep. Clinton would be a potentially big boost for Obama in the key battleground states.

Clinton was like Reagan, pure teflon. It's amazing when you sit down and actually look at their track records that the Dems and Reps go "ga ga" over those guys...but they were just really smooth when they screwed you over. lol.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:56 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,597,216 times
Didn't he campaign for Hillary too?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,013,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. Clinton would be a potentially big boost for Obama in the key battleground states.

Clinton was like Reagan, pure teflon. It's amazing when you sit down and actually look at their track records that the Dems and Reps go "ga ga" over those guys...but they were just really smooth when they screwed you over. lol.
He is and was a lot of things, a good speaker being one, but like Reagan, no way!!!!!!!i

Old 09-06-2012, 02:07 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,898,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Oh, this should be fun! We can't wait! Unleash him and let him roll! Every time he opens his mouth it just chips away at Obama's credibility a little more and gives the Romney campaign a little more to fight with!
You didn't watch Clinton's speech, did you? Oh, he did some chipping away all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Either Bill's elevator isn't going all the way to the top these days or he knows exactly what he is doing! I choose the latter!
Yes, Bill knows exactly what he is doing. He's helping Obama get re-elected. And he is going to be successful in that endeavor.

I saw Bill in Chicago in 1992--a million plus people standing shoulder to shoulder in downtown Chicago. What an awesome event. Sixteen years later, it was equally awesome with Obama in Chicago. Illinois is a slam dunk for Obama, so Bill probably won't come to my state, but I'm close enough to Wisconsin or Indiana that I would happily make the trip to see him again.

What a team these two make!

Old 09-06-2012, 02:08 PM

756 posts, read 716,303 times
Good to see Team BO taking FULL advantage of the GREATEST politician in generations

If BO gets OHIO, the FAT LADY will be singing early on election night

And SHADY Mitt will be packin' his bags for La Jolla...

Old 09-06-2012, 02:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,612,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Agree!

Reagan was amazing in front of crowds, for the most part. But IMO he lacked the same one on one warmth and "man of the people" that Clinton has. Let's face it. Bill Clinton is a phenomenon and he would have risen to the top no matter what his vocation. He is just that likable. And smart. And cagey.

He and Hillary are two of the smartest politicians on the planet. I am registered GOP but was a big Hillary supporter (still am) b/c the woman is just DAMN SMART. She and Bill together are an amazing power couple and I don't think anyone else has come close to that level of political savvy (as a couple) since the turn of the 20th C, other than FDR and Eleanor.

If Obama wins this election (and I think he may well do it - even tho I am loathe to see him in office another 4 years) . . . I will never be convinced that Bill Clinton wasn't the factor that put him over the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections