Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Yeah, there wasn't a black, hispanic, asian, eskimo, or village elder anywhere to be found in the Republican National Convention...was there? I guess if they don't come out looking like the Village People or the cast from the bus in the movie, "Speed" they just aren't representative of the "real face of america"

While there are quite a few folks of other than white backgrounds in America, it's hard to argue and in some cases, fully ignore, the 72.4% that are white....or don't they count? Of all the gaul....

Maybe this will help...the nerve of all those few white people....humph....I guess they shouldn't have a say in shiite...huh? they only make up a paltry 72.4% of the population.....if you look at it THAT way it's more fair to say that the DEMOCRATIC convention is ANYTHING BUT the face of america???? Maybe whites should start being proud of their heritage.....too??? You know, make lots of noise and start DEMANDING better rights and protections? Your comment is beyond bizzare....

Democratic Convention the "Face of America"? Maybe the face of conspicuous consumption but, that's about it.....nothing but us old white folk runnin' around.....I guess the 220 plus million of us should just step aside....you truly seem to have all the answers....
But when you have a convention that is void of any members of the minority population, that makes your party look suspect. America is in fact a diverse nation... one of the most diverse in the world. Unless you are happy with the GOP been a "whites only" party which it seems is the goal of many in the GOP. The Democratic party, on the other hand, is the face of America because its membership is directly proportional with the ethnic makeup of the United States. When you look at the Democratic crowd, you see America. When I look at the GOP crowd, I see something else... Russia perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
They are about handouts and everybody wants some.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 PM

817 posts, read 853,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
As I'm watching the Democratic convention, I am seeing the face of America. There are Americans from every background, every walks of life in the audience. That was totally absent from the GOP convention.

The Democratic Party is America. This is perhaps, its greatest strength.
I know Republicans from pretty much every walk of life...

Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
I know Republicans from pretty much every walk of life...
And race/ethnic background. Here's one:

And another:

An Irish-American:

And a woman:

with friend.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 09-06-2012 at 07:42 PM..

Old 09-06-2012, 07:35 PM

563 posts, read 807,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Take off your blinders and go see the real America.
What is the "real America"?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
As I'm watching the Democratic convention, I am seeing the face of America. There are Americans from every background, every walks of life in the audience. That was totally absent from the GOP convention.

The Democratic Party is America. This is perhaps, its greatest strength.
LOL.... You posted in the wrong forum, you want to move this thread to the joke forum.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 PM

629 posts, read 946,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Yeah, there wasn't a black, hispanic, asian, eskimo, or village elder anywhere to be found in the Republican National Convention...was there? I guess if they don't come out looking like the Village People or the cast from the bus in the movie, "Speed" they just aren't representative of the "real face of america"
Actually I am sure Condoleeza Rice, Nikki Haley, and Susana Martinez were there, as they spoke, and they are not white, male, nor particularly elderly.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:42 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
The only one's who haven't figured out that they are no longer representative of greater America are those in the GOP. These days, they are part of the Grey Old Party.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
The only one's who haven't figured out that they are no longer representative of greater America are those in the GOP. These days, they are part of the Grey Old Party.
You and New York Guy remind me of blokes, drunk or high, throwing up a puddle of vomit and then fascinated by the different colors. Unable to truly comprehend the phrase ".......judged by content of character".

Old 09-06-2012, 08:05 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
New York guy, you oughta be a comedian
It would be comedic if it wasn't so scary that there millions of other hateful and spiteful partisans like that in America who believe Goebbels like propaganda to hate everyone else who thinks differently

America only recently really have become like this, but that is what happens when they use the media to divide the people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections