Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 01:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh my...I have this Tingle running up my leg;

Poll: Romney, now even with women, leads Obama in the swing states

Democrats War on Women has worked marvelously!

This;

Is a DISASTER for obama.

USAtoday/Gallup Battleground - Mitt leads by FIVE

Politico/GWU Battleground - Mitt leads by TWO.

George Washington University Battleground Poll - POLITICO.com

Can't find party ID breakdown..
Just an interesting point in the first article that breaks down those polled.
Quote:
"But a word of caution is necessary," Eichenberg adds. "Although swing states share many similarities, President Obama's support among women is holding up well in some of them and less well in others. For example, his support among women is largely unchanged since the first debate in Ohio and Wisconsin, but it is definitely down in Colorado, Virginia and Florida."
Which this makes sense because Romney has been gaining ground in Colorado, Virginia, and Florida. It also makes sense that the first debate didn't touch a single women's issue therefore it is hard for Romney to fair good or bad about something he did not talk about in the debate, same goes for Obama.

The second link is just idiotic at best, likability has shifted one point, therefore somehow Romney is more likeable?

Old 10-15-2012, 01:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Just an interesting point in the first article that breaks down those polled.
Which this makes sense because Romney has been gaining ground in Colorado, Virginia, and Florida. It also makes sense that the first debate didn't touch a single women's issue therefore it is hard for Romney to fair good or bad about something he did not talk about in the debate, same goes for Obama.

The second link is just idiotic at best, likability has shifted one point, therefore somehow Romney is more likeable?
Mitt's been gaining ground in all states, even CA. Here are the "swing" states from USA/Gallup;

Quote:
The states are Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Again, IA, MI NV, NM, PA and WI should NOT be swingers.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
The bump is gone? Really?

New national polling -

Romney up 3 - UPI Poll: Romney takes lead over Obama - UPI.com

Romney up 1 - National 2012 Presidential Ballot

Romney remains up 2 in the Gallup tracking poll.

Election 2012 Likely Voters Trial Heat: Obama vs. Romney

Incidentally, Ponderosa will be happy to know that Gallup and ARG call cell phones (I am not sure whether UPI does). Yes, this applies to the USA Today/Gallup swing state poll as well.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The bump is gone? Really?

New national polling -

Romney up 3 - UPI Poll: Romney takes lead over Obama - UPI.com

Romney up 1 - National 2012 Presidential Ballot

Romney remains up 2 in the Gallup tracking poll.

Election 2012 Likely Voters Trial Heat: Obama vs. Romney

Incidentally, Ponderosa will be happy to know that Gallup and ARG call cell phones (I am not sure whether UPI does). Yes, this applies to the USA Today/Gallup swing state poll as well.
Did I mention it was a tie now thread reporter
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM

New swing state polls:

Iowa 2012 Presidential Ballot - tie in Iowa (this pollster's previous IA poll had Obama up 7)

Virginia 2012 Presidential Ballot - Romney up 1 in Virginia (this pollster's previous VA poll had Obama up 2)

Yes, ARG does call cell phones.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Did I mention it was a tie now thread reporter
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama
Romney now back up 0.1%. It was exactly tied earlier. So Romney is rising.

BTW - I didn't report your thread. I simply asked in a post why it hadn't been shut down because it was clearly a troll thread. I did not click on the report button or have any communication with a moderator about the thread. If you can't understand why it was a troll thread, I don't know what to say.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
New swing state polls:

Iowa 2012 Presidential Ballot - tie in Iowa (this pollster's previous IA poll had Obama up 7)

Virginia 2012 Presidential Ballot - Romney up 1 in Virginia (this pollster's previous VA poll had Obama up 2)

Yes, ARG does call cell phones.
ARG is in the tank for romney and everyone knows it.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:

BTW - I didn't report your thread. I simply asked in a post why it hadn't been shut down because it was clearly a troll thread. I did not click on the report button or have any communication with a moderator about the thread. If you can't understand why it was a troll thread, I don't know what to say.
Im sorry then. I thought it was you because of that post.

PS: its not troll thread just because you dont agree with it.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
ARG is in the tank for romney and everyone knows it.
Then why did they have Obama up 7 in Iowa in their September poll there?

Why did they have Obama up 5 in Florida in September?

Florida 2012 Presidential Ballot

These are just two examples of polls they put out that were very favorable to Obama.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,731 times
Quote:

romney was up 1.3 2 days ago. we know you love romney, but 1.3 to 0.1 does not indicate things are going romneys way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections