Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 06:02 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,463,917 times

Advertisements

Just heard Major Garrett from National Journal (conservative) say Romney is not getting as much of the white vote as he needs. Apparently, even in VA, he's lost ground.

I'm one of the fortunate retirees who is not fighting this job market and whose retirement funds keep going up because I've got a lot of good advice from people on C-D. I also don't feel inflation is much of a problem. But, I don't spend much anymore, except for food. I am better off than I was 4 years ago. I also know if I were younger and looking for the job I lost three years ago, I would be paid 25% less, at least.

Just read a report on C-D woman from NY, her investment banker husb. lost his 100K job a month ago, was just offered same job at another firm for 50k. He's taking it because health insurance through COBRA for that family would be 18k/year.

Welcome to offshoring. No president can fix this.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Ooh a poll the weekend after the Dem convention shows Obama in a lead. A poll which shows polled 20% of Republicans in Ohio.

Oh well enjoy it while it lasts because Nov 6 will be a different story.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:09 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I would like to know how many people were polled and what there party affiliation was. Is there oversampling of one party or the other? I checked the FL poll results and could not find this info. The polling took place 9/9 to 9/11 when Obama was still basking in his bounce that has since faded. It was also before light has been shed on his disgraceful foreign policy.
The growth in this recovery and the level of unemployment make it the worst recovery since 1948. Steep declines are always followed by vigorous recoveries, unless someone mismanages the economy.
Of course there was.

Quick quiz - name the last national election in which more people self-identified as Republicans than as Democrats.

Don't bother looking - you won't find one. Remember the huge GOP wave of 2010? Party ID in exit polls was dead even. Except in huge GOP wave years, exit polls show Democrats with a party ID lead (though that won't track perfectly with voting, of course).

I guess Dick Morris didn't tell you that, did he?

And I can only pity you if you think 2012 will be like 2010. That, and laugh at you.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:10 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Ooh a poll the weekend after the Dem convention shows Obama in a lead. A poll which shows polled 20% of Republicans in Ohio.

^^^Hahahaha! DELUSIONAL!!!!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:10 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,463,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Apparently, you missed the info on the white vote. Romney is not garnering enough of them. Obama can still win with only 29% of the white vote. Last election 41% of whites voted for Obama. I doubt that will fall to below 30%.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,384,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
TRANSLATION: jt800 exposes Obama as a failed President and I can't possibly figure out a way to mount a rebuttal to his threads.

If I'm a major thorn in Liberal's sides, then I'm doing what I set out to do and your complaints inspire me to keep it up!
Why do you post nonstop every day from 8:30 AM until 2:30 PM? It is fairly obvious that your job is to promote Romney on here.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
And if Obama gets in for 4 more years I hope you democrats are ready for higher gas prices .....
Dont forget, Obama is pushing for cars to get better MPG. A new car today might get 33MPG when a comparable car 12 years ago got 19MPG. You can get a car that gets over 40MPG these days...and several to choose from.

Obama and the lefties have been helping us save money on gas because our cars need less gas to go the same distance. This is something the Democrats have been behind for many years, while the right griped about it.

If the GOP had their way, we would be getting 10 MPG.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
He's going to blame Bush yet again at the debates!?!
After almost 4 years he should own up that he and he alone at this short time he has left is the President.

Not some sorry ass excuse maker.
Cracks me up how we're not supposed to mention Bush in any negative context, such as how he f*****d this country, but a whole bunch of you have no problems with trying to give him credit for the elimination of Osama bin Laden.

What's the deal?

We can't acknowledge the damage he did to this country, but, hey! let's give him credit for taking out the bad guy, even though he made it clear OBL was "not a priority," and he had been out of office for three years, when President Obama, as Commander in Chief, gave the orders that resulted in the death of the person responsible for 9/11.

If President Obama has to "own up," as you say, then he should also be allowed to "own up" to not only take credit for the fact that OBL is no longer a threat, but the fact that there are also a whole bunch of other bad guys who are no longer a threat.

Hypocrites.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:26 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
Why do you post nonstop every day from 8:30 AM until 2:30 PM? It is fairly obvious that your job is to promote Romney on here.
Well, dixiegirl7 and michiganmoon can't cover all the shifts...

Old 09-13-2012, 06:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Well, dixiegirl7 and michiganmoon can't cover all the shifts...
LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections