Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Both parties need cleaning up. But I agree, the true conservatives (not the nut cases representing the greedy underworld) should put together a decent platform and get ready for 2016. That is, if they can muster the strength and numbers.
They have to because if Hillary Clinton runs in 2016, I don't see many in the GOP who are moderate and popular enough to face off against her, save Jeb Bush. And his last name still may come back to haunt him in 2016.

On top of this, demographic changes are very unfavorable to the current GOP platform as time goes forward. Changes are necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 06:39 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
The only people he pissed off with his comments are people who would not have voted for him in the first place. Thats why he said " I cant be concerned about getting their vote"
And that's not the attitude someone running for President should take.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:41 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,977,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
:

That 47% contained many REPUBLICANS....who may just change their minds
Real Republicans should be doing everything in their power to come up with a decent, viable, honest candidate for 2016, instead of rallying around a disaster. Maybe real Republicans don't even know what their own platform is, it's been distorted so much.

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You seem to be missing the point. As it stands today, Romney does not care about the E-1's. Does he hate men and women in uniform? Do you have to make more money before he starts caring about you? How much money do you have to make before he will represent you?

So you oppose pay increases for enlisted military personnel?

Typical liberal!

1,672 posts, read 1,772,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Are the leeches in the South the same individuals who vote for Republicans?
I have met a lot of rural white people who are strongly conservative and are on welfare, so to your question, yes many do. Many social conservatives in the South fit your question.

4,255 posts, read 3,481,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
And that's not the attitude someone running for President should take.

I agree . Im not going to say it was a smart thing to say . Just like obys you didnt build that was not a smart thing to say.
I also dont beleive its as damageing as many would like to beleive. Obama pissed me off with his speach but does it realy matter? I would never consider voting for him anyway.

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
You think a retired republican isnt going to vote for him?
If they do, it just proves Romney wrong once again. The falsity of his claims is really the main point here. He said they all vote for Obama, so he doesn't care about them.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:42 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
The only people he pissed off with his comments are people who would not have voted for him in the first place. Thats why he said " I cant be concerned about getting their vote"

Just as the only people Obama pissed off with his " you didnt build it " comment would never vote for him either.
Its called rallying the troops.
Only anecdotal evidence, but my wife was going to vote for him, but not now. She believes he is out of touch with real people and is arrogant. That does not mean she will vote for Obama. She does not like him either so she will just stay at home. I believe that is the case more and more. I don't see a heavy turnout for Romney. He is just uninspiring. The more he talks and the more you see him the less you like him.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:44 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Good post but due to the electoral college your vote is virtually meaningless as Arizona is in the bag for Romney. As is mine here in NY. It's still worth having your voice heard but you and I will have no effect on the election. It's going to come down to Florida and Ohio, maybe Virginia.
Yeah, I know...AZ is pretty much a blood red state. However, I'm not all that sure they'll vote overwhelmingly for Romney. Not now anyway. Even my rabidly Republican family is now having 'second thoughts'. But they are just a tiny drop in the bucket and I guess they'd rather have an idiot than a black man in office. And that is exactly what the 'problem' is with them. Disgusting.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
I agree . Im not going to say it was a smart thing to say . Just like obys you didnt build that was not a smart thing to say.
I also dont beleive its as damageing as many would like to beleive. Obama pissed me off with his speach but does it realy matter? I would never consider voting for him anyway.
Obama's comment only pissed off people who refused to read and listen to context.

There is no context for Romney's statement, and alienates a MUCH larger group of voters, some of whom probably WOULD have voted for Romney otherwise.

Romney's campaign is frail to begin with, the -last- thing he needs is to alienate more voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections