Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 07:28 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,218,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
All we have had to do is sit back and give Romney enough rope to hang himself with.
With this latest "foot in mouth issue" he has now stepped up on the stool and has slipped the noose around his neck.
The next verbal gaffe will have him swinging from the gallows.

Obama's biggest campaigner has been Romney.

Keep talking Romney we've almost done it!!

LOL
no I think you have him confused with your hack, Barry
people that do not have thier heads up their own asses
klnow what is going on here
and what the dumb ass that released the video
make a great move for Romney and it backfired on Obama
the 1998 clip of Obama stating very plainly that he believes in taking from the ones who have and give to
the ones that don't is going to blow up in his face
so hold on to the hope that Obama will win
he is being vetted finally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 07:28 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,268,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
All we have had to do is sit back and give Romney enough rope to hang himself with.
With this latest "foot in mouth issue" he has now stepped up on the stool and has slipped the noose around his neck.
The next verbal gaffe will have him swinging from the gallows.

Obama's biggest campaigner has been Romney.

Keep talking Romney we've almost done it!!
I like that!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why doesn't your nephew just confess his sins and admit that he slobbers over Barack Obama?

Let's just keep it simple and leave the troops out of this discussion.
Why? They're part of the 47%. Mitt is a fool.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 AM

17,021 posts, read 12,632,414 times
Romney is typical of the big money types. He makes zero distinction between some guy working two Walmart jobs at least trying to make his own way and the couch potato who does nothing.

>3% go to local town and county
1.5% go to state
0.5% go to Federal<

In many cases the town/ county are even more inbred with control than the feds.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:31 AM

89,311 posts, read 45,033,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
People with small to moderate businesses kill me with the crap that they listen from faux.
You might want to rethink that. People don't own successful small to moderate businesses because they're dumb. It takes intelligence, dedication, and sacrifice, especially in Obama's stagnant economy.

If what they're hearing and seeing on a particular cable news channel rings true to them, who are you to say it's crap? Those business owners sure as hell have done things correctly enough to have a viable business. They're not fools, nor do they suffer fools gladly.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Because the same poeple would not let her have contraceptives or an abortion.....you can't have it both ways
Who doesn't let anyone have contraceptives or an abortion? Both are legal in the U.S.

14,292 posts, read 9,697,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Oh dear I have a nephew full of shame that he did not pay income tax while serving in Afghanistan.
So will Romney be pushing for members of the US military to pay income tax on their pay while they are in combat zones ?

As the lad said, the shame will always be with him.
I'm trying to figure out how someone can even respond to idiocy like this? I supposed I'd ask you if you had a nephew that was in grade school, and ask you if you think he is suppose to get away with not paying taxes too. <shrug>

I'm really at a loss how to respond to immature rants like yours.

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Please either read or listen to the comment.

He said 47% of the people were going to vote for Obama no matter what, people on welfare, food stamps etc feel entitled and will not vote for anyone else. He inferred his campaign was trying to reach the rest of the people who were willing to listen, and didn't have their minds made up already because they felt that they were entitled and obama would keep giving to them.
Romney did not differentiate between the 47% who pay no income tax and the 47% who will vote for Obama. He inferred nothing. He was trying to be witty with his supporters. Too bad he didn't know what he was talking about.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Hey! I make less than $15K and I pay federal income and payroll taxes. What's up with that?
Do you pay more than you take in government services and benefits?

Old 09-19-2012, 07:37 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,442,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
With the argument no taxation without representation should that be spun around to no vote if not paying income tax ?
Since Romney suggests the 47% are nothing but bludgers maybe he would be more comfortable if only real Americans ie those who pay income tax having the privilege of the vote.
I love NPR planet money

1) most of these people do pay payroll taxes but deductions like . . ichild credits and mortgage deductions can nock out the income tax (they still pay medicare and SSN)

2) its quite funny that Republicans would rather grant tax credits than spending initaitives, then whine about it when you add this stuff up and some people don't pay.

Though I do agree, old people shouldn't vote.

Who is the 47%

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections