Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:06 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,557,518 times

Advertisements

"My campaign is about the 100% of America,"

Romney focuses on new number: 100%

Shake that ol' Etch-A-Sketch, Mitt, and see if you can stick with this number for at least a week or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 10:09 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,667,565 times
I see no reason to deny a statement that is the truth. My husband and I get SS but his statement did not offend me at all. People on SS paid in and if the government had handled the money correctly, there would be no problem. Problem is the people that keep sending our money overseas to countries that hate us and to pay for people in this country illegally. I understand what he was saying and I wonder how many illegals will be voting in this election as dead people.

The only thing I have a problem with Romney about now is that he is courting Hispanics who seem to want illegals to be in this country just about as much as Obama does. They are both wrong and our citizens want to be rid of this problem. Load them up and ship them home. It is not my fault their parents brought them over here either or the fault of my grandchildren. We have immigration laws. We don't need any new immigration laws. What we need is to have the laws on the books now enforced without executive orders to do away with them.

Last edited by NCN; 09-20-2012 at 10:18 PM..

Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,305 times
flip flop is what Romney does best.

He needs to work at a waffle house.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I see no reason to deny a statement that is the truth. My husband and I get SS but his statement did not offend me at all. People on SS paid in and if the government had handled the money correctly, there would be no problem. Problem is the people that keep sending our money overseas to countries that hate us and to pay for people in this country illegally. I understand what he was saying and I wonder how many illegals will be voting in this election as dead people.
Mitten's didn't differentiate between folks like you or I and the "deadbeats." He essentially said we were ALL welfare sucking leeches who depend upon government to support us and he doesn't need to worry about us.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:29 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Mitten's didn't differentiate between folks like you or I and the "deadbeats." He essentially said we were ALL welfare sucking leeches who depend upon government to support us and he doesn't need to worry about us.
I didn't see all he said and you didn't either and there is rumor the tape may have been doctored. It was a stupid thing to put out. He said people that are being supported by the government will not be voting for him. It is interesting to me that Obama has just about exactly the percentage of the votes as those that get government help. I would hate to try and live off the amount of money I get for SS. My husband and I pay taxes. We pay fewer taxes than we used to, but we will always have to pay taxes. I have no problem with paying taxes and feel blessed that we can afford to; but I do wish those spending our money would reign it in a little for the sake of our grandchildren.

I don't like your lies any more than I like the lies this administration is putting out lately.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I didn't see all he said and you didn't either and there is rumor the tape may have been doctored. It was a stupid thing to put out. He said people that are being supported by the government will not be voting for him. It is interesting to me that Obama has just about exactly the percentage of the votes as those that get government help. I would hate to try and live off the amount of money I get for SS. My husband and I pay taxes. We pay fewer taxes than we used to, but we will always have to pay taxes. I have no problem with paying taxes and feel blessed that we can afford to; but I do wish those spending our money would reign it in a little for the sake of our grandchildren.

I don't like your lies any more than I like the lies this administration is putting out lately.
I'm not lying. The videos are posted right here on this website. Watch them and see what he said for yourself.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:18 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,553,116 times
Quote:
Yes, he did. There's no walking this back. The rats are jumping ship by the minute.

His exact words were "47% of Americans" - he didn't make a distinction. His myopic view of this country is 47% of Americans are on the dole and like it that way.

Hehe - source of that tape I think was one of the wait staff at that dinner that night. Appeared to me the camera was sitting behind the bar. It wasn't any of the guests who did this. I'll bet the party host is raising cain with the caterer. He'll find out who did it. Next installment due soon.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 PM
NCN

Quote:
I'm not lying. The videos are posted right here on this website. Watch them and see what he said for yourself.
I saw the stupid video on the news and I have no problem with what he said. It is interesting to me that after I paid into SS for years you don't think I deserve to collect like everybody else. What do you think the government should do with the money I paid in? Give it to the dream children?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:44 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Yes, he did. There's no walking this back. The rats are jumping ship by the minute.

His exact words were "47% of Americans" - he didn't make a distinction. His myopic view of this country is 47% of Americans are on the dole and like it that way.

Hehe - source of that tape I think was one of the wait staff at that dinner that night. Appeared to me the camera was sitting behind the bar. It wasn't any of the guests who did this. I'll bet the party host is raising cain with the caterer. He'll find out who did it. Next installment due soon.
I heard on the news it was recorded by Carter's grandchild. Maybe they were joking?? The only people who care about this tape are the Democrats. I agree with every word he said. I have enough intelligence to understand what he was saying. It is a BIG mistake to tell a Republican what they should be thinking. I think just fine for myself. I am more concerned with a president that gives executive orders to make sure our immigration laws are not enforced. Talk about free-loaders. These people have never done anything for this country except be parasites and Obama thinks they should be taken care before Americans own citizens. We cannot afford to do both. Send the criminals home.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:45 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,078,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noihoforus View Post
Which part of most people who get SS have paid into it all their working life do you not understand? Welfare and Social Security are two completely different animals. Perhaps you should google Social Security and Welfare so you might understand the differance.
In Mitt's eyes, SS and Welfare are the same thing. The number wouldn't be 47% if he wasn't counting those receiving SS.....it would be less than 47%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections