Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:38 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,065,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
The horrible irony is that after all their musing about the first African-American President...
history will show that the Republican Party --the party that freed the African slaves under the banner of all men being created equal --then turned around and demanded that the first African-American President PROVE he had a legitimate right to that office, and claimed he didn't, and then turned around and obstructed everything he tried to do.
They also held the first African-American Attorney General in Contempt of Congress for a trumped up reason.
Very sad to think that the Republicans have come full circle from the horrors they fought to overcome 150 years ago.
Kerby,
You are right. The Republicans fought for many freedoms for blacks in the past, but now the Republicans ideology of present no longer are on that path. They are now the party of exclusion and division. With the voter suppression acts that they have been working on in hopes of Obama not being re elected is egregious and shows the desperation that this party would resort too. Republicans used to be an honorable group of individuals, but for some reason for them to wake up knowing a black man is Commander in Cheif really stirs them the wrong way. I think what is the saddest is that this party doesnt even care for Romney. Romney has no support from his own party. They will take ANYONE to run against Obama. Rush admitted last week the Republicans would take Elmer Fudge over Romeny if thats what it took to win. I am not into party lines, i look at issues and facts, and the fact is this IS NOT the party of Regan anymore. This has a very obtrusively offensive group of individuals. Not all Republicans think like this, but those in office like Rick Scott sure do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 08:29 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,171,000 times
Is that footage of Tahrir Square?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:53 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,375,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He didn`t deliver is correct. Do you think obstruction and Mitch McConnell`s promise to sabotage his presidency played a role?
How does one in the minority 'obstruct'? They had a majority.

McConnell made no such 'promise'. Opposition to political policy is not obstruction.

People really need to stop putting their own foot in other peoples mouths. That's sarcastic rhetoric in case ya didn't know.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,873,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
How does one in the minority 'obstruct'? They had a majority.

McConnell made no such 'promise'. Opposition to political policy is not obstruction.

People really need to stop putting their own foot in other peoples mouths. That's sarcastic rhetoric in case ya didn't know.

It is what it is and Obstruction is what it is...

McConnell: Republicans aren't sabotaging economy to hurt Obama politically - YouTube

Republican #1 Priority: Defeat Obama - YouTube

Old 10-02-2012, 04:49 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,345,547 times
No, obstruction is not submitting a budget for over three years. The democrats own that. That is saying up yours to the process. It is indisputable. Even the idiot liberals can understand that.(maybe)

Old 10-02-2012, 01:12 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,505,946 times
Fox News announces Obama as president (you could hear a pin drop in their studio)

My God! There's going to be a black man in the White House! That was the reaction of many, I'm certain.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:16 PM

29,221 posts, read 22,421,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
This is a video of Fox News announcing Obama as president.

Fox News Announces Obama as President Elect - 11/04/08 - HQ - YouTube#!
Remarkable, Wasn't it?

I think there's a good chance we will see a repetition, come November 6th. I hope the night is as good and balmy as it was then.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
It is what it is and Obstruction is what it is...
Obstruction is locking the opposing party out of negotiations.

Why wouldn't anyone oppose that?

Old 10-02-2012, 04:46 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,065,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Fox News announces Obama as president (you could hear a pin drop in their studio)

My God! There's going to be a black man in the White House! That was the reaction of many, I'm certain.
I bet you that is what they say every day under their breaths LOL..one day one of them will be caught with a mic on

Old 10-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I bet you that is what they say every day under their breaths LOL..one day one of them will be caught with a mic on
And yet NONE have. Only the left proudly pushes this crap.

O on the other hand does say things he shouldn't (with a mic on).

In his latest release he proclaims his hatred of whites.

Give O an ugly bowtie and he's just a Farrakan clone. Put him in a pulpit and he looks like Jeremiah Wright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections