Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
From the Boston Globe

The charges against Romney were dropped several days later and officially dismissed in February 1982 at Natick District Court. At Romney’s request, the judge also agreed to seal the records, making them unavailable for public inspection.

Romney said yesterday that the park ranger had overstepped his authority in arresting him and said the reason the case was dropped was that he had threatened to charge the officer and his agency, then called the Department of Environmental Affairs, with false arrest.

“He did not have the right to arrest me because I was not a disorderly person. This was an obvious case of false arrest,” Romney said. “The officer obviously agreed because he agreed to dropping the case.”
He always seems to get things sealed or deleted. Wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
While I agree this isn't a huge deal, crime-wise, I definitely think it does say a lot about his attitude that the rules that apply to others don't apply to him because of who he is.

Sociopath? Maybe. Narcissist? Definitely.

Quote:
Romney said yesterday that the park ranger had overstepped his authority in arresting him and said the reason the case was dropped was that he had threatened to charge the officer and his agency, then called the Department of Environmental Affairs, with false arrest.“He did not have the right to arrest me because I was not a disorderly person. This was an obvious case of false arrest,” Romney said. “The officer obviously agreed because he agreed to dropping the case.”
Yup - whether it's strapping a dog to the roof of his car for a twelve-hour road trip, or forcibly cutting the hair of a boy he deemed to be "different," or using his position to threaten an LEO, it's all the same to the entitled Willard.
Quote:
“The officer obviously agreed because he agreed to dropping the case.”
Uh, no.......the officer more than likely got orders from above to drop the case. I doubt it was because he miraculously "saw the light" and realized he had been wrong to charge the great and almighty Willard.

"It's MY turn!"

I wouldn't be surprised tp find out that there have been lots of these "little" incidents over the years.

And, of course, the same ones who excuse this behavior and the fact that he continues to hide his tax returns are the same morons who consistently demand to see President Obama's school records.

Go figure..........

Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually in the eyes of the law, it does.
How Do Criminal Cases Get Dismissed? | eHow.com

If a motion for dismissal is requested due to lack of evidence, the dismissal cannot be granted if there is enough evidence to prove even a lesser crime. There must be no reasonable doubt at all that the defendant is innocent for a case to be dismissed.
So, who gets to decide if there is "enough evidence"?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
This is what I was wondering, too.

If it was a case of false arrest and the officer was in the wrong, why the secrecy?

Oooops.....I forgot. We're talking about a man who has something very incriminating tucked away in his tax returns that he's keeping "sealed" up, too.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
This should give him some real street cred.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
So, who gets to decide if there is "enough evidence"?
The prosecutor

Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
His arrest? LMMFAO. You libbies are of your ****ing rockers and going coocoo for coco puffs.

Some podunk officer makes a bogus arrest that is later dropped and its note worthy?

Keep rolling around in your own FUD
While they ignore the fact that their idol was a drug addict. Isn't cocaine illegal?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
When did we move the discussion to Obama?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
At least the privileged elitist Willard didn't physically assault the traffic officer ... like he did to that Lauber kid...
No proof of that, either. But I get it - desperate times, and all.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
While I agree this isn't a huge deal, crime-wise, I definitely think it does say a lot about his attitude that the rules that apply to others don't apply to him because of who he is.

Sociopath? Maybe. Narcissist? Definitely.

Yup - whether it's strapping a dog to the roof of his car for a twelve-hour road trip, or forcibly cutting the hair of a boy he deemed to be "different," or using his position to threaten an LEO, it's all the same to the entitled Willard.

Uh, no.......the officer more than likely got orders from above to drop the case. I doubt it was because he miraculously "saw the light" and realized he had been wrong to charge the great and almighty Willard.

"It's MY turn!"

I wouldn't be surprised tp find out that there have been lots of these "little" incidents over the years.

And, of course, the same ones who excuse this behavior and the fact that he continues to hide his tax returns are the same morons who consistently demand to see President Obama's school records.

Go figure..........
And once again, conveniently ignoring the blood on Obama's hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections