Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times

Advertisements

I think the biggest lie that Romney tried to put over on the American public had to do with tax breaks for outsourcing jobs. Currently the costs of shipping jobs overseas are tax deductible. Democrats and Obama wanted to close that loophole, and who do you think killed the bill?

REPUBLICANS.

and why?

Quote:
“It’s fairly easy to see why Republicans are blocking our bill to stop outsourcing,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said at a press conference before the vote. “They’re obviously defending their presidential nominee, who of course made a fortune by shipping jobs overseas.”
To further push the issue, Democrats held a conference call with employees from Sensata Technologies, an electronics hardware manufacturer that plans to close its Freeport, Ill., plant at the end of the year and move those operations to China. Democrats say 150 people will be laid off in the process. Sensata, formerly known as the Sensors and Controls division of Texas Instruments, was spun off to Bain in 2006 for a reported $3 billion.
Senate Kills Anti-Outsourcing Bill; Democrats Point to Romney - ABC News

Romny will save the economy all right - the CHINESE economy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegQ View Post
I guess Williard had better things to do than serve his country.
Obama as well.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
uh, naming a plan and naming specifics are two completely different things. He hasn't named specifics. Example, I'm going to reduce the taxes paid by the middle class while not adding to the deficit. Well how do you plan on doing that. Romney - I'm going to eliminate deductions and credits. Okay which ones? Chirp chirp, tumbleweeds. See there's a difference. Even with his health care plan that he pulled out of his a** last night night when POTUS stated he didn't have one (then he somehow has all of these plans). Well what does it do. Instead of saying it's another federalized version of RomneyCare (which what ObamaCare already is) he had nothing but sound bites of this is already in my new super duper secret plan that no one knew about until now. Or Medicare when asked DIRECTLY if he supports vouchers (Ryan Plan, his running mate) he didn't even bother to answer. Well then what's your plan if you do not believe in the Ryan plan. He definitely didn't have one before choosing a running mate and sidestepped his running mate's plan so what is it?

Hell, I can name 50 plans off the top of my head but if they have no substance it's just plain ole bs which is what Romney fed us last night. Pure BS, I've been saying x all during my campaign and now all of a sudden it's going to be Y. Fall for it if you want but I've seen enough professional bulls%$%#$ in my lifetime to know when one is doing just that.
It appears a 2 part plan was all that was needed in 2008...Hope & Change. Now, all of the sudden, you folks want more "specifics"?

You just can't make this stuff up folks!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Obama as well.
Billy Bob Clinton did some tours didn't he?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
I know I have said this before, but Pres. Obama relies too heavily on a teleprompter when he delivers his messages, people saw first hand what the lack of one does for him. His mannerisms, his constantly looking down and not looking people in the eye, his ummm's and ahhhhh's. He was flat. He spoke haltingly. His body language was terrible. He looked like he wanted to be anyplace but there.

I guess four years of having "softball" type questions handed to you by a liberal friendly media will make you complacent. This president is just not used to tough questions from the media compared to previous presidents. Despite what some have said about "truth and lies" being the substance, BOTH of them lied or skewed the truth last night. This first debate was about who could show the people who the "Alpha male" was on stage......it wasn't the President. Romney basically Debo'd Pres. Obama last night and took his bike.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
I think the biggest lie that Romney tried to put over on the American public had to do with tax breaks for outsourcing jobs. Currently the costs of shipping jobs overseas are tax deductible. Democrats and Obama wanted to close that loophole, and who do you think killed the bill?

REPUBLICANS.

and why?

Senate Kills Anti-Outsourcing Bill; Democrats Point to Romney - ABC News

Romny will save the economy all right - the CHINESE economy!
I just love gullible people that fall for our wonderful politicians pathetic posturing efforts. Congrats on being a sheep.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 AM

387 posts, read 1,045,882 times
President Obama at a Republican retreat, without a teleprompter, answering direct questions:

President Obama Full Q&A - YouTube

1,120 posts, read 2,591,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Jim Lehrer has too much class to stoop to the level that Mitt Romney displayed last night. And by letting Mitt be an obnoxious so-and-so Lehrer gave him all the rope he needed to hang himself.

First of all, most people view Romney's debate performance last night as a win. However, I don't.

Mr. Lehrer should have forcefully told Romney to abide by the debate rules. But that didn't happen and therefore Romeny was a steamroller. He happened to be in a manic mood last night while Obama was in a seemingly depressive mood.

Mr. Lehrer can get tough when he wants to. He has taken this approach at least once a few years ago. Age-wise, he was closer to 70 than 80.

Maybe Mr. Lehrer was in a dementia mood last night as he approaches the age of 80.

About eight years ago, Mr. Lehrer had a very short outburt of anger directed towards Mark Shields. I can't exactly remember the specifics, but both Lehrer and Shields got quite testy.

As I recall Lehrer felt Shields was interferring in his role as moderator. Ha! Ha! Ha! If only Lehrer had been testy with Romney last night.

Mr. Lehrer is an adequate journalist but not exceptional. Not at all!

He just happens to be a Texan and apparently one of the few journalists with a good rapport with the extended Bush family.

Yeah, he's moderated some 12 presidential debates but so what. He just happens to be on good terms with the Bush family and the extended Bush family have ruled the roost for many years.

1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times
I'm not really understanding the overreaction on the left to Obama's performance in the debate. I thought it was pretty even - a mediocre performance from both candidates. Obama was a bit off focus/tired looking, and Romney smirked the entire time and kept cutting Lehrer off. The immediate post-debate analysis on MSNBC was practically in hysterics over Obama's performance.

I really think it's a case of Romney being so incredible bad over the past few weeks that anything he does remotely competently will be celebrated. I'm hoping for something more lively, and policy specific, in debate 2.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
First of all, most people view Romney's debate performance last night as a win. However, I don't.

Mr. Lehrer should have forcefully told Romney to abide by the debate rules. But that didn't happen and therefore Romeny was a steamroller. He happened to be in a manic mood last night while Obama was in a seemingly depressive mood.

Mr. Lehrer can get tough when he wants to. He has taken this approach at least once a few years ago. Age-wise, he was closer to 70 than 80.

Maybe Mr. Lehrer was in a dementia mood last night as he approaches the age of 80.

About eight years ago, Mr. Lehrer had a very short outburt of anger directed towards Mark Shields. I can't exactly remember the specifics, but both Lehrer and Shields got quite testy.

As I recall Lehrer felt Shields was interferring in his role as moderator. Ha! Ha! Ha! If only Lehrer had been testy with Romney last night.

Mr. Lehrer is an adequate journalist but not exceptional. Not at all!

He just happens to be a Texan and apparently one of the few journalists with a good rapport with the extended Bush family.

Yeah, he's moderated some 12 presidential debates but so what. He just happens to be on good terms with the Bush family and the extended Bush family have ruled the roost for many years.
So it was the moderators fault with a twist of Bush thrown in for good measure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections