Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 02:29 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,622,695 times

Advertisements

Hmm he doesn't seem to get altitude sickness when he is on Airforce One???

That is just strange...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 02:29 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you cant tell us what Obamas foreign affairs policies are either?

Last nights debate wasnt about foreign affairs, do you know that?
I am not a supporter of Obama. However, his foreign affairs seem to be about building diplomacy with other countries. Unfortunately, he has failed. This is because other countries can easily see that he is not serious about peaceful negotiations and fulfilling promises he made upon becoming President. So, I just gave my view, despite the fact that I have never supported Obama nor voted for him.

I guess you have already have given me your answer by deflecting that last night's debate wasn't about foreign policy. In short, you have no idea what Romney's foreign affairs policies are.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:31 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
I don't think the President was sick, but he looked and acted very tired to me. He's been out campaigning hard, so he could well have just been really fatigued.
At this late stage, fatigue sets in, and any candidate can come down with it at any time. Obama was out on the trail while Mitt was rehearsing.
Who knows? This could completely reverse by the next debate, as Mitt is hitting the trail hard today, doing his best to make hay out of the debate. he could be the one most tired in the second.

...and by the third, they could both be punchy.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:34 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Hmm he doesn't seem to get altitude sickness when he is on Airforce One???

That is just strange...
Maybe that's because the tax payers are footing the bill whether for official travel, his campaign appearances or his vacations.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Next debate is foreign policy, no? Obama should wipe the floor with Mitt the Twit on that subject. They were careful (too much so) not to have Obama appear mean and aggressive in this debate. But since Romney went after him like a rabid dog, Obama now has the public's permission and even encouragement to strike back. Foreign affairs are not as exciting to most, but Obama has every advantage - and the whole world will be cheering for him. Go get him, O!
Axelrod has INSISTED that this was not a planned maneuver. He has been asked time and again today and every time his response has been that there was no coaching to tell Obama to be laid back, non-aggressive, and ultimately absent from the debate.

Axelrod is just as stymied by O's performance as everyone else.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:41 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
And to think some people actually wanted Gore for president... Amazing

Old 10-04-2012, 02:42 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,318,139 times
It would be weird if Obama did a total flip-flop at the next debate and became "someone else." He might be accused of trying to play Al Gore or Romney!...But I think we will see some reversals...I wonder if Obama wanted to come across as older and wiser last night. (And more serious and realistic.)...Romney definitely seemed like the idealist with his "head in the clouds" last night. (With few detailed plans.)

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Clueless Pubs, the bunch who thought Bush would make a fine President, were pounding their chests in utter joy over Romney's performance last night. The general consensus appears to be that Romney "won." But a deeper read reveals that Romney's "fast and loose" approach was largely NOT FACTUAL. He remains the same goon who trashed 47%, the same shifty character who hides his tax returns and runs from his Bain involvement, the same flip-flopping, position-changing, slimy pretender who supports that disastrous "trickle-down" economic policy that failed under Bush and Reagan. He hails from the party of Bush, refuses to acknowledge that Bush existed, and refuses to acknowledge that the President's gains would be substantially greater had he not been hampered by Congressional Republican obstructionism.

President Obama may not have been himself with this uncontrolled, blabbering, babbling, pompus imbecile with the enormously large head, but he stands superior in what he has been trying to do for this country. He was given the worst mess in history courtesy of people just like Mitt Romney, and has had the misfortune of struggling against a Republican contingent in Congress that is the most shameful in history. He came to seriously debate Romney and was met with a fast-talking flim-flam joke of a character. What a waste of time.

Nobody won the debate last night. If anything, the American public LOST.
One ray of sunshine is that it has proven that this is right is VERY TIGHT and no voter can be complacent and not vote.

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
I'm beginning to wonder if a BJ in the Presidential Limosuine on the way to the debate venue completely sapped his motiviation to do anything else for the rest of the day. LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Current TV host Al Gore explains the real reason Obama had trouble last night:

You just can't make up something funnier than Al Gore!!
As someone who recently moved to Denver, if he had one of those headaches like I did when I came here and didn't drink enough water. . .

then I would say. . possible. I was in HORRIBLE shape. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections