Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 11:16 PM

89,089 posts, read 44,917,204 times

Advertisements

Obama "so proud to come back home" in Kenya in 2006 (at 0:51):

Obama In Kenya: I Am So Proud To Come Back Home - YouTube

Old 10-06-2012, 11:25 PM

22,199 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
A reception is not a wedding...it's a reception. You do not consider the date of the reception as your wedding date or anniversary.

This is extremely odd. Some are saying he was trying to appeal to the married women's vote, but REALLY??? You would lie about your anniversary just for that and then spend the week calling your opponent a liar...lol. These folks have no moral compass at all.
Its the RWNJ's doing all of the lying here..... The date is October 3rd, multiple "actual" sources have articles from previous years showing the date is the 3rd.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:27 PM

22,199 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
How many people on this thread who were born in America would call any other country their "home country?" Yeah, right. It's clearly from Michelle Obama so it must be true. (sarcasm from you). So now I guess you think Michelle Obama and InformedConsent are in this thing together. (sarcasm from me) Now, may the excuses begin....

Michelle Obama Saying That Barack Obama (Barry Soetoro) Was Born In Kenya - YouTube

This was in April 2010. I guess the media has been too busy picking on republicans to mention this, or maybe they "didn't have time to explain it."
Ask a bunch of Italians in the Italian Republican neighborhood I grew up in.......

Old 10-06-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ask a bunch of Italians in the Italian Republican neighborhood I grew up in.......
Black U.S. citizens do not refer to Africa or an African country as "home."

There's actually a rift between African-Americans and Africans in the U.S. because there are significant cultural differences.
African vs. African-American

Old 10-06-2012, 11:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What makes you think the 16 years worth and several different versions of literary agency Obama bios aren't real?

Dystel & Goderich was Obama's agency. That's a fact. Authors submit biographical data for agency bios. Why would Obama, being a lawyer himself, allow such a VERY obvious error about his birthplace to persist over a time span of 16 years and through several updates and revisions in the bio his legal representative in the literary world presented to the public?
16 years worth, well that is impressive, did you read that information on the internet too?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Black U.S. citizens do not refer to Africa or an African country as "home."

There's actually a rift between African-Americans and Africans in the U.S. because there are significant cultural differences.
African vs. African-American

Do you speak for all African-Americans?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
16 years worth, well that is impressive, did you read that information on the internet too?
You can see it with your own eyes. The 2007 version of Obama's Dystel & Goderich author bio:
Dystel & Goderich Literary Management :: Client List

Why would Obama, being a lawyer himself, allow such a VERY obvious error about his birthplace to persist over a time span of 16 years and through several updates and revisions in the bio his legal representative in the literary world presented to the public?

Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you speak for all African-Americans?
I'm not the one speaking. I posted the info from Yale.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
You can see it with your own eyes. The 2007 version of Obama's Dystel & Goderich author bio:
Dystel & Goderich Literary Management :: Client List

Why would Obama, being a lawyer himself, allow such a VERY obvious error about his birthplace to persist over a time span of 16 years and through several updates and revisions in the bio his legal representative in the literary world presented to the public?
Oh yes, of course, the bio, that makes total sense because it is on the internet so it must be true....oh wait, I just found a follow up on that bio and it is on the internet, so it must be true.
Literary Agent Says 1991 Booklet was a Mistake

Quote:
May 17, 2012

Literary Agent Says 1991 Booklet was a Mistake

Breitbart News reports on a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency which describes the author as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich issued the following statement to Political Wire:

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Full disclosure: I am a client of the same literary agency.
Hmm, who to believe, you or the person who pointed out their own error with your link....tough one cause they are both on the internet, which one is true? How could anyone make such an error?

Old 10-07-2012, 12:11 AM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
There have been several famous but under the radar folks who have had to come out publicly and declare themselves NOT DEAD when someone, somewhere reported it and it "went viral" even in the days before computers. One slip, one typo, one unchecked fact. Even us regular folks have things like this happen to them ALL THE TIME and once something is out there it just multiplies over and over and it's hard to put a stop to. I don't know what date they were married, I don't care, and I don't believe for a minute he is "lying" about anything. It's pointless, and even though people claim that as proof that he is a pathological liar it's really just proof they are gullible and want to believe what they believe regardless of the truth.

Hate the man for his politics but the CONTINUAL over the top conspiracies, insults, grips over nothing, make you all look like a bunch of .... which of course you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections