Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times

Advertisements

Did I miss him saying anything major in his speech? Seemed like rhetoric and nothing different than what the Obama Admin is doing now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Necon, chicken hawk, war monger.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,480 times
What a scary speech by Romney. THAT'S really the kind of man America wants to lead us?

I can't believe he's advocating for EVEN MORE defense spending, while simultaneously giving out tax cuts that won't raise the deficit or affect majority of Americans negatively. We spend more on military than the next 18 or whatever nations COMBINED yet we STILL NEED MORE?!?!!? I really wish Obama would cut some defense spending and spend it on something more worthwhile like HEALTHCARE.

Seriously though can't we do a little less in the world and help our own people and get our own house in order first?? The world won't explode if the US decides to do a little less will it? I'm not even a fan of Ron Paul, but on foreign policy I like his ideas MUCH MORE than I do Romney's.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
What a scary speech by Romney. THAT'S really the kind of man America wants to lead us?

I can't believe he's advocating for EVEN MORE defense spending, while simultaneously giving out tax cuts that won't raise the deficit or affect majority of Americans negatively. We spend more on military than the next 18 or whatever nations COMBINED yet we STILL NEED MORE?!?!!? I really wish Obama would cut some defense spending and spend it on something more worthwhile like HEALTHCARE.

Seriously though can't we do a little less in the world and help our own people and get our own house in order first?? The world won't explode if the US decides to do a little less will it? I'm not even a fan of Ron Paul, but on foreign policy I like his ideas MUCH MORE than I do Romney's.
And that is my biggest problem with Romney. While I lean towards supporting some of his economic policies, his foreign policy and view on defense spending are absolute garbage and a huge part of the problems we face today. The only thing worse is that Obama and the democrats aren't exactly looking to be peace keepers and scale back defense spending to any significant degree either. Gary Johnson on the other hand I think makes a MUCH better case for how to handle these areas.

Also, the problem with cutting defense spending and spending it elsewhere is that it is still borrowed money that is sinking us into a bigger hole. We need to cut money and NOT spend it elsewhere.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:02 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,691 times
Obama went to bed knowing the Libyan embassy was being attacked. I wish he had mentioned this.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Obama went to bed knowing the Libyan embassy was being attacked. I wish he had mentioned this.
If this is even true, then Romney went to bed knowing this, also.

Since he was nominated, he has the same access to the information as the president, to enhance a smooth transition, if Obama loses the election.

Why didn't Romney tell us how much sleep he lost over the attack?

Old 10-08-2012, 11:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

He was in Virginia. There are a lot of defense contractors in Virginia. Of course he will call for more defense spending. What is funny, is that he calls the pending defense cuts, Obama's defense cuts, ignoring that the Congressional agreement was overwhelmingly bipartisan. But I suppose to his clueless adorers, that may resonate.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
Romney horrifies me. Bush on steroids. I have a cousin who lost an arm and leg in Afghanistan.

Do we really need more of this:

Beyond the Battlefield: Pictures, Videos, Breaking News

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...at_brooke.html

Anyone who votes for Romney is delusional on many levels.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Romney horrifies me. Bush on steroids. I have a cousin who lost an arm and leg in Afghanistan.

Do we really need more of this:

Beyond the Battlefield: Pictures, Videos, Breaking News

War Veterans Recover at Brooke Army Medical Center - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Anyone who votes for Romney is delusional on many levels.
Seems like Romney really has little man complex, like shrub. He thinks by saber rattling he'll be a real man, and the big boys won't pick on him. Been there, done that.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
From his speech - Romney wants to stay in Afghanistan and fund and militarily support the Muslim Brotherhood and Syrian rebels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections