Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 09:29 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Biden tonight was EXACTLY like Mitt last week. You loved it then.
You must have watched a different debate last week. Mitt controlled the debate with much less effort, plus he treated Obama with respect while Biden was anything but respectful towards Ryan.

If anything Biden won a hollow victory and maybe even a narrow loss due to his antics turning people away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
CNBC poll has Ryan bettering the debate 55 to 45

CNN tweeted that Ryan 48 to Biden 44

Most see it as a draw. Both made good points. But sorry Biden lovers, any advantage he may have had, was out shined by how poorly he conducted himself. And most people see this.
Only desperate RWNJs think it was a draw. CNBC? Really? Did Jack Welch vote?

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Cnn and cnbc polls both clearly disagree, and who is to say if their poll was really of uncommitted voters?

look at the margins

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Watching Ryan while Joe smashed him and outed his request for stimulus money was wild.

Ryan looked like a car struck by a train.

Last edited by walidm; 10-11-2012 at 09:38 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
I am an independent but I think Biden won too. Ryan looked flustered and spoke of too many talking points and I could tell when he was saying a speech he memorized instead of answering questions.

Biden came off as much more knowledgeable IMO, especially in regards to Ryan bringing up Tipper and Reagan quite a few times and Biden telling him that Reagan knew what he was going to cut in regards to loopholes and taxes and how he was in the room at the table. So Ryan had no ground to stand on in regards to cooperation of both parties IMO and he and Romney saying that they are going to work across the aisle like Reagan did. Also about Ryan writing a letter to Biden asking for stimulus money for jobs when Ryan was just speaking of how the stimulus didn't create any jobs lol. It was pretty hilarious and like a daddy telling little Jimmy a thing or two about fibbing. Biden was Biden though. He is always pretty animated. I don't think he was overbearing or domineering. I think the moderator did a great job and kept the debate focused. They should enlist her again for the next presidential debate.

Biden was on his game tonight and I think he gave Ryan a beat down for lack of a better word. He was much more experienced and knowledgeable, made me think he should have been the presidential candidate as he was very presidential IMO.

All that aside, I already knew I would vote for Obama but I also felt that Romney put a beat down on Obama last time and felt he gave a great introduction of himself to those who haven't been paying attention to him. I knew it would put Romney back in the game. I also think that the staunch Obama supporters will see Biden's performance as a boost and that their ticket may get a slight boost but nothing like Romneys from the previous debate. We will see if Obama can put on his big boy boots next week and actually put up half of the performance that Biden brought tonight.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Only desperate RWNJs think it was a draw. CNBC? Really? Did Jack Welch vote?
Yet desperate liberals have one poll to hold onto showing that Biden won.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Biden showed the most bizzare, childlike, obnoxious behavior I have ever witnessed in any debate in my lifetime watching debates on TV; with his constant smirking, snearing at Ryan, and, with his constant interrupting of Ryan, so that he couldn't make his point. On the other hand, Ryan showed a calmness, and patient behavior with a gentle smile. Thank GOD, I was not Ryan, if I was in Ryan's shoes, that *******, Biden would have a fist in his mouth. I don't know who won the debate tonight, I haven't checked with all the blog sites, but I do know, with Ryan's calm demeanor, he would win hands down. Who ever actually won, I'm sure the public who watched the debate would agree with me. I would score another 5% gain for Romney/Ryan. Biden just lost it for O'bummer, who we all knew was a loser anyway.
Yep, you would have punched him out.

Gosh, if anyone wondered how Biden did, the reactions from right-wingers has given us the clear answer.

Now you need to start blaming the liberal moderator.

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Watching Ryan while Joe smashed him and outed his request for stimulus money was wild.

Ryan looked like a car stuck by a train.
Fair comparison, considering when a train goes out of control you get a disaster.. Exactly what this administration is..

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Weekly Standard’s Mark Hemingway: “Joe Biden’s laughing through talking about Iran sanctions?”

TIME’s Michael Scherer: “Not sure debate cameras have been light tested for Biden’s teeth. Best to watch with sunglasses.”

Washington Examiner’s Philip Klein: “Biden’s strategy seems to be to laugh at Ryan constantly. Will it work to infantalize Ryan, or backfire like Gore sighing?”

NBC’s David Gregory: “Biden’s smile is out of control.”

BuzzFeed’s Ben Smith: “So did Biden practice laughing at Ryan???”

ABC’s Rick Klein: “Biden on verge of breaking down in laughter when Ryan talks.”

Former Eric Cantor staffer Brad Dayspring: “Joe Biden needs to realize this isn’t a Senate Foreign

Relations Hearing. His laughter and condescending attitude is a disaster.”

Radio host Neal Boortz: “Looking like Biden’s gameplan is to laugh his way through this.”

Townhall.com’s Guy Benson: “Will Biden laugh his ass off at the terrible economy, too?”

MSNBC’s S.E. Cupp: “Biden needs to laugh a little less through the Libya, Middle East, nuclear Iran segment.”

Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza: “Ok. I have decided. I find the Biden smile slightly unsettling.”

PBS’ Jeff Greenfield: “Biden has always had a smile that at times is really, really inappropriate.”

Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard: “Can’t tell yet if Biden’s smirking, laughs, eye-rolling, head shaking, works for him or not against the oh-so-young looking eager Ryan.”

Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer: “Biden is at risk of having his laugh come across like Gore’s sighs. He should knock it off.”

The New York Times’ Ashley Parker: “Biden’s grin is Chesire Cat caliber.”

Republican strategist Ron Bonjean: “Biden laughing does not come off with the intended effect. It is actually hurting him. Looks very condescending.”

Movie critic Roger Ebert: “Joe! Stop smiling and laughing!”

Washington Times’ Emily Miller: “Biden laughing when he disagrees with Ryan is so annoying. Like a child in time out.”

Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin: “Biden’s laughing is losing the debate- obnoxious”

Comedy Central’s Indecision: “If this keeps up much longer, Joe Biden’s going to sprain his laugh muscles.”
And these opinions matter why? They can't be bothered to practice actual journalism most of the time, clearly they would all rather be writing for The New Post's Page Six.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Not even close. Mitt was not laughing and talking over Obama when he spoke.
If Mitt had been debating Ryan he would have laughed his ass off, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections