Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The Catcher and the Rye? I detested that book. A whiney rich boy who takes no responsibility for his actions complaining non-stop about authority figures in his life. I wouldn't be flattered anyway. LOL
Replace the words authority figures with poor people and you have Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you didn't realize hussein was obama's middle name?

wow. i knew leftists were ignorant, but...
wow.
Their delight in calling Romney by that name they get such a kick out of causes me to use Hussein since most people are known by given names and Hussein in The One's middle name. I don't intend to stop playing that game till they do and they can't let something they think is funny go, so I won't either.

1,084 posts, read 1,847,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This is not high school dear
I never said it was. You have reading comprehensions dear. I said COLLEGE. I was on the debate team(actually termed forensic debate) in COLLEGE. And I know the mechanics and techniques of proper debate. Debates will always get heated during certain moments, opponents can end up offended, defensive, aggressive, etc. But rudeness, disrespect and bullying goes beyond debating and speaks volumes about someone's character. Again Romney has proved time and time again that he doesn't play by the same rules as everyone else, and that he has little respect for HIS president.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:27 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,073,388 times
I watched the debate last night and can honestly say I got no assurance that either of "them" can fix this country. The debate was just too much rhetoric and not enough grass roots stuff for the average joe (me). So my quandry continues.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Replace the words authority figures with poor people and you have Romney.
That is your opinion. Actions speak pretty loud. Millions in charity, Romney care etc.
For sure Romney is for business. He is a businessman after all.
I am all for raising taxes to eliminate our debt. After we first cut every penny of fat out of the budget. After we reign in gov spending and determine what exactly the short fall will be. Then and only then should we look at tax increases. Equal increases on all citizens, not a select few.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:29 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
So you missed Joe BiteMe?
No I saw Joe. Joe was rude, but he did it with a smile and he was not debating the President.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,220,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
When I was in high school I worked four years in a gun shop. "Automatic" was a term commonly used for any firearm that wasn't manually operated. The ads in the sporting magazines referred to them as automatics.

What he should have been saying is that there needs to be a limit on the capacity of magazines commonly used for sporting purposes. Any magazine with a capacity of over five rounds should have to be registered.

Would it stop violence on the street? Absolutely not. Would it result in fewer deaths and someone being stopped a lot quicker when he opens fire if he doesn't have a 30-round magazine? Most probably.

I really would like to see gun legislation rewritten on Switzerland's model.
I like the idea of registering high capacity magazines, that way it wouldn't impose too much on those law abiding citizens and make give another checkpoint to catch someone intending to harm people.

Though I will say, I was really impressed to hear Obama go off about education when asked about gun control because he understands it isn't gun laws that reduces gun violence, it is good education and job opportunity that reduces gun violence. Take South Side Chicago, there is a high amount of gun violence, but there is also a struggling education system in that area as well a high level of poverty. Improve those two things and you will curb gun violence in the South Side.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,793,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
"Have you looked at your pension?"
"Have you looked at your pension?"

That was especially menacing and disrespectful.
Do you even care to share the reason why Romney asked that? or do you even remember? It wasn't about who's bank account was bigger. Both these guys are rich beyond belief, but Romney happens to donate more to charity, so what was the reason Ronmey asked Obama this question?

p.s. - liberals love using words like 'menacing' to deflect from the actual facts and context of a subject that's being debated. Maybe if liberals would stop being emotional and think logically we can turn our country back to being a prosperous place to live.

Here's the transcript, so take your agrument about disrespect and point it back at Obama as he is a liar...

"
ROMNEY: Just going to make a point. Any investments I have over the last eight years have been managed by a blind trust. And I understand they do include investments outside the United States, including in -- in Chinese companies.

Mr. President, have you looked at your pension? Have you looked at your pension?

OBAMA: I've got to say...

ROMNEY: Mr. President, have you looked at your pension?

OBAMA: You know, I -- I don't look at my pension. It's not as big as yours so it doesn't take as long.

ROMNEY: Well, let me give you some advice.

OBAMA: I don't check it that often.

ROMNEY: Let me give you some advice. Look at your pension. You also have investments in Chinese companies. You also have investments outside the United States. You also have investments through a Cayman's trust."

Last edited by RazorRob305; 10-17-2012 at 07:49 PM..

Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,031,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Apparently kshe95girl liked it. She hinted that something by J.D. Salinger would be worth waiting to read more then what I might write.
No, I was alluding to how long it would take you to rebutt something.
One can only imagine you have no idea how long it took for Salinger to write anything.
I wasnt complimenting you.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,220,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If Obama's implosion at the first debate didn't cause his die hard supporters to drop him, I'm pretty sure nothing he does at the second debate will change things either.

Romney doesn't need a "win" tonight. He needs to avoid a momentum-changing mistake. At this point, the election is Romney's to lose.
Say bye-bye to that Romney momentum.

Much like you, I have made up my mind who to vote for a while ago. Though I never could understand the people who call themselves "undecided voters" this close to an election, to me it makes those people sound like they haven't been paying attention one bit to either candidate and makes me wonder if they are even going to vote come November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections