Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Obama's lead comes from women and big population centers in battleground states.

Inside the polls: Obama's slim lead comes from women, cities - CNN.com
That's fine good luck getting them out Tuesday.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:43 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,957,662 times
And, the national polls:

Three with narrow one-point leads for Obama.
Two tied.
(of course, at this point it is the state polls that are relevant)

ABC News/Washington Post: Obama 49%, Romney 48%

Public Policy Polling: Obama 49%, Romney 48%

Purple Strategies: Obama 47%, Romney 46%

Rasmussen: Obama 48%, Romney 48%

Reuters/Ipsos: Obama 46%, Romney 46%

Old 11-02-2012, 01:46 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,416,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Hey, hey!

C'mon, give the guy a break!

After all, it's hard to distill everything he's heard about Dodd-Frank from Rush Limbaugh into something normal people can understand...
I got my education on this from talking to small town bankers, reading the financial press, and professional experience. I have a good understanding of credit and banking. One of my good friends is a lifelong Democrat, a banker, who agrees with every aspect of my characterization of the effect of Dodd Frank on smaller banks. I don't have time for Rush Limbaugh, nor for watching Fox news. Sure, some small banks got caught up in the real estate thing via commercial lending. But why hammer every single one of them--the well-capitalized, well-managed institutions that are so vital to their customers? And not a speck of my posts have been about the big banks. Clinton-era deregulation, the repeal of Glass Steagall, was a huge mistake--but that topic is a whole 'nother thread.

The economy is being burned to the ground, and you all are doing a great job of throwing rocks at the firefighters. My hometown bank was absolutely instrumental to me in my life--and would not have been as another storefront for a big chain. I started with nothing, struggled and juggled for a long time. But that must be terribly boring to you. Go ahead, keep on ignoring every clue thrown to you about the mechanisms by which the Obama agenda is wrecking any chance at a normal recovery, dooming us to stagnation. Just bury your head in the sand, and glory in the fluffy platitudes that pass for an Obama agenda. And don't think about the little guys on Main Street in your town, just revel in the fact that Obama sure showed those dirty rotten SOB's just who is boss.

If Obama goes down on election day, you can mark it down to your vast cluelessness--a disease that seems to affect Democrats more than Republicans in 2012.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:55 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,237,827 times
Quote:
And, the national polls:

Three with narrow one-point leads for Obama.
Two tied.
(of course, at this point it is the state polls that are relevant)

ABC News/Washington Post: Obama 49%, Romney 48%

Public Policy Polling: Obama 49%, Romney 48%

Purple Strategies: Obama 47%, Romney 46%

Rasmussen: Obama 48%, Romney 48%

Reuters/Ipsos: Obama 46%, Romney 46%

Looks like Obama got a bump from the last debate and his handling of Hurricane Sandy. Obama has the momentum and based on current trends, he should win next Tuesday. Poll aren't going to change much in 4 days.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,534,772 times
Doesn't this speak volumes? From Real Clear...

Massachusetts Suffolk/7News Obama 63, Romney 31 Obama +32

Old 11-02-2012, 02:17 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,773,585 times
CNN Ohio Poll: 50% Obama, 47% Romney.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:21 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,773,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Doesn't this speak volumes? From Real Clear...

Massachusetts Suffolk/7News Obama 63, Romney 31 Obama +32

It shows Romney is a horrible politician in the end; in truth he should've run for Sec. of the Treasury:P (he probably wouldve been good at that, too bad he can't run for it) Oh, he left with an approval rating of 34% in MA.

And to give you a hint how much people on both sides do NOT like Romney, you can look at the toss up between Brown and Warren. Basically there is 25% of the population in MA that WOULD vote for Scott Brown but WOULD NOT vote for Romney.

Horrible factoid for Romney.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:21 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
On side note, I couldn't help but notice that - along with Obama's recent boost - there's been a corresponding boost in the Senate polls for the Democrats. At one time it looked like the GOP was going to gain 5 seats in the Senate (and thus get control of BOTH houses of Congress). That dream looks like it's turned to dust along with Romney's Presidential hopes. First the "5-seat-gain" for the GOP turned into a "1-seat-gain" (which would still leave control of the Senate in Democrat hands). Now, over the last few days, that "1-seat-gain" projected for the GOP turned first into a "wash" then into a "1-seat-loss" for the GOP. Right now it looks like the Democrats are going to not only hold onto their lead in the Senate, but BOLSTER it up a little - giving them an 8-seat advantage over the GOP there (ie 54 to 46). This along with - what will probably be - gains for the Democrats in the House of Representatives as well (though it will no doubt remain in GOP control).

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Senate No Toss Ups

Ken

Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 PM

32,119 posts, read 34,781,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I got my education on this from talking to small town bankers, reading the financial press, and professional experience. I have a good understanding of credit and banking. One of my good friends is a lifelong Democrat, a banker, who agrees with every aspect of my characterization of the effect of Dodd Frank on smaller banks. I don't have time for Rush Limbaugh, nor for watching Fox news. Sure, some small banks got caught up in the real estate thing via commercial lending. But why hammer every single one of them--the well-capitalized, well-managed institutions that are so vital to their customers? And not a speck of my posts have been about the big banks. Clinton-era deregulation, the repeal of Glass Steagall, was a huge mistake--but that topic is a whole 'nother thread.

The economy is being burned to the ground, and you all are doing a great job of throwing rocks at the firefighters. My hometown bank was absolutely instrumental to me in my life--and would not have been as another storefront for a big chain. I started with nothing, struggled and juggled for a long time. But that must be terribly boring to you. Go ahead, keep on ignoring every clue thrown to you about the mechanisms by which the Obama agenda is wrecking any chance at a normal recovery, dooming us to stagnation. Just bury your head in the sand, and glory in the fluffy platitudes that pass for an Obama agenda. And don't think about the little guys on Main Street in your town, just revel in the fact that Obama sure showed those dirty rotten SOB's just who is boss.

If Obama goes down on election day, you can mark it down to your vast cluelessness--a disease that seems to affect Democrats more than Republicans in 2012.
It's really adorable how Republicans veil their opposition to Dodd-Frank under a false guise of "concern for the little guys." Ha! Republicans are about as concerned about small banks as they are about the black unemployment rate. Which is, to say, not at all.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
Quote:
Today's state polls:

Nine of them have Obama in the lead.
Two are tied.

Colorado: Romney 46%, Obama 46% (Reuters/Ipsos)
Colorado: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (Public Policy Polling)
Colorado: Obama 47%, Romney 45% (Denver Post/SurveyUSA)
Florida: Obama 48%, Romney 46% (Reuters/Ipsos)
Iowa: Obama 49%, Romney 45% (Gravis)
Michigan: Obama 52%, Romney 47% (Rasmussen)
Nevada: Obama 50%, Romney 44% (Mellman)
New Hampshire: Obama 50%, Romney 44% (New England College)
Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (Rasmussen)
Ohio: Obama 47%, Romney 45% (Reuters/Ipsos)
Virginia: Obama 48%, Romney 45% (Reuters/Ipsos)
CNN has the President at 50% to Mr. Romney's 48%. Pretty consistent with the others.

CNN Poll: Tight race in Rocky Mountain battleground – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections