Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 01:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Its amazing to me that hard core democrats dont see the writing on the wall. Romney will take the crossover voters by a wide margin. The simple fact Obama is trying to win his second term in this election simply by trying to retain states he won in 2008, without gaining any states he lost in 2008 to McCain, something he has no chance of doing, should be very indicative of his demise. No one who voted McCain in 2008 will vote for Obama this go around, however, Romney is taking a huge number of voters disenchanted with Obama, including a large portion of Democratic voters, and a second term victory with less Electoral college votes hasnt happened since 1912. Romney wins on election day because everyone who wants Obama this time has already cast their vote. This enthusiasm against Obama is nothing I have ever seen before, even more so than Carter. The polls wont reflect that, cause the majority of people who are voting against Obama dont have the time to answer polls.
Let's not forget that many are disenchanted with how the republicans are going now and will be voting for Obama.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:32 PM

44 posts, read 43,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Yeah, it sure is amazing that Democrats aren't ignoring all the polls and just accepting your insistence that they're wrong. It sure is amazing that they just don't understand that, for the first time ever, all the polls are just wrong.

Amazing...
Polls have it a tight race. Yep. Its tight between rep and dems. Tighter then i would like to see. You think the polls favor Obama. I have my reasons to see the polls favoring Romney. I also understand why you think I am looking through rose colored glasses. I do read your responses and look at your supporting links. I actually agree with some, and definetely dont agree with others.

Regardless, there is definetely going to be polls with egg on there faces. Someone is right and someone is wrong.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:35 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,335,696 times
Romney will take Ohio and Florida. I think the 2000 and 2004 voting patterns will reemerge in this election. That's no cause to panic. What Obama should focus on now (and should have been focusing on more before now) is keeping New Hampshire. That might be difficult with the healthcare law and the anti-tax sentiments there. However, the voters in that state tend to be somewhat pragmatic and cerebral; they're not just brainwashed dolts. I think that they will reluctantly back the guy who has presided over an economy that is stabilizing and gradually adding jobs. Not to insult Buckeyes, but NH voters are better educated, and they know that changing now means uncertainty for the economy. You'll no doubt see angry voters voting against Obama's healthcare law, but you'll see a few more saying "Uh, this is not the same Mitt we saw when he was governing our neighbor, and we don't need another neo-con corporate woman of the night."

Old 11-03-2012, 02:29 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,615,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Romney will take Ohio and Florida. I think the 2000 and 2004 voting patterns will reemerge in this election. That's no cause to panic. What Obama should focus on now (and should have been focusing on more before now) is keeping New Hampshire. That might be difficult with the healthcare law and the anti-tax sentiments there. However, the voters in that state tend to be somewhat pragmatic and cerebral; they're not just brainwashed dolts. I think that they will reluctantly back the guy who has presided over an economy that is stabilizing and gradually adding jobs. Not to insult Buckeyes, but NH voters are better educated, and they know that changing now means uncertainty for the economy. You'll no doubt see angry voters voting against Obama's healthcare law, but you'll see a few more saying "Uh, this is not the same Mitt we saw when he was governing our neighbor, and we don't need another neo-con corporate woman of the night."
You have seen the polls and Obama is not loosing in any of the last 10 polls in Ohio?

Old 11-03-2012, 02:36 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times
Default Chance of Obama winning is now 84%

Huge jump or Obama. He now has an 84% chance of winning.

Nov. 2: For Romney to Win, State Polls Must Be Statistically Biased - NYTimes.com

Old 11-03-2012, 02:48 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,335,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
You have seen the polls and Obama is not loosing in any of the last 10 polls in Ohio?
Romney's within striking distance, and I think he's going to surprise people at the polls on that day. The voter turnout will be bigger for Romney on Tuesday than it will be for Obama. I'm saying this as an Obama supporter. I think Ohio will return to its regular voting pattern. Ohio never really fell in love with Obama, and the voters in that state have a history of ignoring economics in favor of other issues.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:54 PM

2,859 posts, read 4,627,149 times
Quote:
Romney's within striking distance, and I think he's going to surprise people at the polls on that day. The voter turnout will be bigger for Romney on Tuesday than it will be for Obama. I'm saying this as an Obama supporter. I think Ohio will return to its regular voting pattern. Ohio never really fell in love with Obama, and the voters in that state have a history of ignoring economics in favor of other issues.
Ohio will be just as blue as North Carolina will be red.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:00 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,615,343 times
Quote:
The republicans biggest problem is themselves in Ohio...

I grew up in Ohio and the best way to describe Ohio is labor friendly socially conservative. Gov. Kasich brought an extreme brand of right wing conservatism to the state and it back fired on republicans. The auto bailout was huge, unemployment is under the national average, and the war public employees didn't sit well with a lot of socially conservative but labor friendly households.

Also a big factor in this election that didn't bark is gay marriage.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:33 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,773,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
The republicans biggest problem is themselves in Ohio...

I grew up in Ohio and the best way to describe Ohio is labor friendly socially conservative. Gov. Kasich brought an extreme brand of right wing conservatism to the state and it back fired on republicans. The auto bailout was huge, unemployment is under the national average, and the war public employees didn't sit well with a lot of socially conservative but labor friendly households.

Also a big factor in this election that didn't bark is gay marriage.
Good to hear the Ohioans are sensible. Obama is the sensible choice.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:35 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
No he won't....Romney will take PA because of the lowered Democratic turn out in Philly.

Pittsburgh will go Romney by virtue that the Democrats in the area are Reagan Democrats and many coal related industries are based in and around Pittsburgh. Not to mention the coal-fired electric plants being closed down by Obama's war on coal.
Lowered turnout in Philly??? So, what is Mittens plan to suppress the turnout PhIlly?

If you're thinking there is apathy among dems, you're mistaken. I just got home from standing in line for 90 minutes for an 81 year old lady, so she could vote early here in Ohio. There is no enthusiasm gap, there we very few "Polo shirt yuppies" standing in line today.

Last edited by buzzards27; 11-03-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections